Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

William A. Lee (I), US Congress, VA Dist. 1 (Challenger)

ALIPAC FEDERAL CANDIDATE QUESTIONS

Campaign & Candidate Information

Name of Candidate: William A Lee

Name of Campaign Committee: Committee to Elect William Lee

Mailing Address: PO Box 1296 Spotsylvania, VA 22553

Phone Contact Information:

Campaign E-mail and website: Speakup@leeforva.org, leeforva.org

State and District: Virginia, 1st

Political Party: Independent

Is the candidate (Incumbent, Challenger, Open Seat): Challenger

Campaign Funds Raised as of most recent reporting cycle: $0

This form completed by (Candidate and Campaign Managers Only): Candidate

Candidate Background Information

Prior political or campaign experience: N/A

Top Campaign Issues: Flat tax, limiting government spending, returning to a more
    Constitutional system

Education, Awards & Honors: college, Business/Accounting

District Information

Please give a brief description of your district: The 1st district stretches from
    the suburbs of D.C. (Stafford and Spotsylvania Co.) to the Eastern shore of Va.
    (Newport News). Consist of a large military population and is probably 65-70%
    conservative.

Percentage of Democrat, Republican, and Unaffiliated Voters: 65-70% conservative

Issue Information
    (Please describe your feelings on the following with a number 1-10 or with the
    response “Undecided� (1=�Strongly Disagree�, 2-4=Disagree, 5=Neutral, 6-9 Agree,
    10=Strongly Agree)

Reducing illegal immigration should be a top priority for America? (1-10) 9

Reducing illegal immigration is important to the voters of my district? (1-10) 6

Illegal Immigrants should be deported when detected in the interior of the US?
    (1-10) 10

Illegal Immigration is a threat to our national security? (1-10) 9

Illegal Immigration is unfair to those that obey the law and legally immigrate?
    (1-10) 10

Illegal Immigrants should be allowed to receive driver licenses? (1-10) 1

Illegal Immigrants should be allowed to attend state sponsored universities at in
    state tuition rates? (1-10) 1

Illegal Immigrants currently in the US Should be granted amnesty or enrolled in a
    “Guest worker program�? (1-10) 1

Federal and state tax dollars should be spent to provide translators and bilingual
    information in government agencies? (1-10) 1

Penalties provided under current laws should not be enforced on illegal immigrants?
    (1-10) 1

State and local law enforcement officers should be allowed to assist in immigration
    law enforcement? (1-10) 8

Illegal aliens that return to their home countries should be allowed to receive
    social security benefits? (1-10) 1

Short Answer

Has your campaign addressed the topic of illegal immigration in speeches,
    commercials, ads, or campaign materials? What are those messages? (Please provide
    sources or examples)
    It is not an issue that has come up much in my campaign and is not of great concern
    to the people in my locality. I however believe it is a very important issue.

What do you feel your opponent's stance on illegal immigration or immigration reform
    is or would be?
    Unsure.

Have you been endorsed by or received contributions from any other immigration
    reform or illegal immigration reductions groups at this time?
    No.

Would you openly accept an endorsement and or contribution from ALIPAC?
    Yes.

Please use the remainder of this space to share any further opinions on these
    issues. (optional)
    I believe that this is a cut and dry issue. If you are in the U.S. illegally you
    are breaking the law and should not receive any benefits or special treatment for
    being a lawbreaker. Lawbreakers of any kind, including illegal immigrants, should
    face the full penalty of law if apprehended. We should not turn a blind eye to this
    problem. I understand that this is a country of immigrants but there is a right and
    legal way to become a U.S. citizen.

William A. Lee (I), US Congress, VA Dist. 1 (Challenger)

ALIPAC FEDERAL CANDIDATE QUESTIONS

Campaign & Candidate Information

Name of Candidate: William A Lee

Name of Campaign Committee: Committee to Elect William Lee

Mailing Address: PO Box 1296 Spotsylvania, VA 22553

Phone Contact Information:

Campaign E-mail and website: Speakup@leeforva.org, leeforva.org

State and District: Virginia, 1st

Political Party: Independent

Is the candidate (Incumbent, Challenger, Open Seat): Challenger

Campaign Funds Raised as of most recent reporting cycle: $0

This form completed by (Candidate and Campaign Managers Only): Candidate

Candidate Background Information

Prior political or campaign experience: N/A

Top Campaign Issues: Flat tax, limiting government spending, returning to a more
    Constitutional system

Education, Awards & Honors: college, Business/Accounting

District Information

Please give a brief description of your district: The 1st district stretches from
    the suburbs of D.C. (Stafford and Spotsylvania Co.) to the Eastern shore of Va.
    (Newport News). Consist of a large military population and is probably 65-70%
    conservative.

Percentage of Democrat, Republican, and Unaffiliated Voters: 65-70% conservative

Issue Information
    (Please describe your feelings on the following with a number 1-10 or with the
    response “Undecided� (1=�Strongly Disagree�, 2-4=Disagree, 5=Neutral, 6-9 Agree,
    10=Strongly Agree)

Reducing illegal immigration should be a top priority for America? (1-10) 9

Reducing illegal immigration is important to the voters of my district? (1-10) 6

Illegal Immigrants should be deported when detected in the interior of the US?
    (1-10) 10

Illegal Immigration is a threat to our national security? (1-10) 9

Illegal Immigration is unfair to those that obey the law and legally immigrate?
    (1-10) 10

Illegal Immigrants should be allowed to receive driver licenses? (1-10) 1

Illegal Immigrants should be allowed to attend state sponsored universities at in
    state tuition rates? (1-10) 1

Illegal Immigrants currently in the US Should be granted amnesty or enrolled in a
    “Guest worker program�? (1-10) 1

Federal and state tax dollars should be spent to provide translators and bilingual
    information in government agencies? (1-10) 1

Penalties provided under current laws should not be enforced on illegal immigrants?
    (1-10) 1

State and local law enforcement officers should be allowed to assist in immigration
    law enforcement? (1-10) 8

Illegal aliens that return to their home countries should be allowed to receive
    social security benefits? (1-10) 1

Short Answer

Has your campaign addressed the topic of illegal immigration in speeches,
    commercials, ads, or campaign materials? What are those messages? (Please provide
    sources or examples)
    It is not an issue that has come up much in my campaign and is not of great concern
    to the people in my locality. I however believe it is a very important issue.

What do you feel your opponent's stance on illegal immigration or immigration reform
    is or would be?
    Unsure.

Have you been endorsed by or received contributions from any other immigration
    reform or illegal immigration reductions groups at this time?
    No.

Would you openly accept an endorsement and or contribution from ALIPAC?
    Yes.

Please use the remainder of this space to share any further opinions on these
    issues. (optional)
    I believe that this is a cut and dry issue. If you are in the U.S. illegally you
    are breaking the law and should not receive any benefits or special treatment for
    being a lawbreaker. Lawbreakers of any kind, including illegal immigrants, should
    face the full penalty of law if apprehended. We should not turn a blind eye to this
    problem. I understand that this is a country of immigrants but there is a right and
    legal way to become a U.S. citizen.