Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

On The Immorality of Illegal Immigration - Book (Update)

Lou Dobbs had Rev. Patrick Bascio on "Lou Dobbs Tonight" this evening to speak of his new book, On The Immorality of Illegal Immigration.

Rev. Bascio is a retired Catholic priest who has had the courage to break with his church on this matter. According to his page at "Amazon.com" (excerpt below), Rev. Bascio is quite a prolific author who also has co-authored a book about the threat of Islamic terrorism:

On The Immorality of Illegal Immigration by Father Patrick J. Bascio (Paperback - Sep 9, 2009)

Defeating Islamic Terrorism--The Wahhabi Factor by Patrick Bascio and Adolph Caso (Paperback - Dec 4, 2006)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=s ... &x=14&y=20

Rev. Bascio said that he began to change his mind about the morality of illegal immigration while serving as a priest in Harlem (N.Y.). When Lou asked why he has broken with the position of the Bishops of the Roman Catholic Church on this issue, Rev. Bascio stated simply, "We are encouraging people to break the law."

Representing the Roman Catholic Church was Rev. Thomas Reese (a Jesuit), who avowed that the Catholic Bishops most certainly were not encouraging people to break the law, but rather working for a "path toward legalization" for those already in the country illegally. He made light of Rev. Bascio's thesis and answered none of Lou's questions to him. Instead, he launched into a sermonette about an alleged "3.1 million children currently in the United States who are U.S. citizens - but the government is trying to take their parents away from them because they are here illegally," etc., etc.. Unfortunately, Rev. Reese seemed entirely accustomed to speaking to people who never question anything he says. This took most of the remaining time, so we were unable to hear anything further from Rev. Bascio.

If anyone has any information about this new book - or about Fr. Bascio himself - I hope they will add it.

[Note: Revs. Bascio and Reese were the designations used by the Dobbs program under their screen images.]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Saw that exchange and hopefully I wake up around 4 a.m. ET, when CNN plays Lou again here. It was about 7:30 when the discussion started, and what I saw was Fr. Brascio arguing for US sovereignty, while Fr. Reese, represent the Council of Catholic Bishops was arguing for the New World Order--perhaps for more parishioners tithing, or perhaps for the Catholic Church wants a NWO to give them more power.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

October 14, 2009

Father Pat Bascio: A Rare (?) Immigration Enforcement Voice In The Catholic Clergy

By Brenda Walker

Your humble correspondent has been accused of being anti-Catholic (for writing blogs and articles, like America's Vaticrats, that have criticized certain parties). Not so! I am only anti those anti-American Catholics who want to destroy this country by Mexifornicating it. That means condemnation of the amnesty-supporting Conference of Catholic Bishops—but not ordinary churchgoers, who agree with the majority of their fellow Americans that borders must be controlled and immigration laws enforced.

But I must admit I had to blink twice a couple weeks back when I heard a Catholic priest bravely buck the establishment of his church to stand with the rule of law and genuine morality. The title of his talk, to a Washington D.C.-area patriotic immigration reform conference, was "Ethics and Morals of Illegal Immigration"—something you don't see every day.

Father Pat Bascio has been a parish priest on the frontlines where a lost job can devastate a family. His personal experience, as well as a broad understanding of the complex topic of immigration, informs his recent book On the Immorality of Illegal Immigration (which can be ordered from AuthorHouse). You can see a Google preview here.

Father Bascio is retired now, after a career that included postings in Tanzania, Grenada, Trinidad, and New York’s Harlem. He has a PhD in Systematic Theology from Fordham University and has written several books, including: The UN Was My Parish; Building A Just Society, The Failure of White Theology: A Black Theological Perspective; Defeating Islamic Terrorism: The Wahhabi Factor; and even a couple of novels. He writes:

“It is the function of the Christian church to make a moral judgment about economic and social matters whenever the fundamental rights of the person demand it. However, after examining all the evidence and listening to the voice of the American people, I believe that the Christian church, both here and abroad has made a serious misjudgment, supporting a policy that has a long list of attendant evils.â€

See also:

Religious Perspectives on Immigrations: CIS Panel Discussion
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-968613.html#968613

A truly remarkable man, Father Bascio. Also one who does not have his head in the clouds.

[quote]“The Christian leadership of this country, not really comprehending the wide-ranging problems connected with illegal immigration has blessed violating the sovereignty of our nation, depressing the wages of American workers, encouraging the growth of the most violent gangs in America, driving up black unemployment and draining the best and brightest of the Third World, leaving it helpless. How could the church possibly desire that this state of affairs continue?â€
    "

April
    What we are getting are the least educated, the least intelligent and lots of criminals from Third world countries. Third world countries are actively encouraging their less desirable citizens to leave and become another country's problems. The cream of the crop, they want to keep.
    You are absolutely correct about that!!!

Unfortunately this voice has been silenced. RIP now, Fr. Bascio.

Fr Pat Bascio dies - Jun 6

2010 - News
    Friday, 04 June 2010 16:13

Fr Patrick "Pat" Bascio, born in the United States and member of the Trinidad Province of the Holy Ghost Fathers died on Sunday, May 30, in Kentucky after a long battle with cancer.

Fr Pat worked in Trinidad for a number of years serving in communities such as New Grant, Delaford and Arouca. His funeral Mass was due to take place on Saturday, June 5 in Indiana.

Fr Carlyle Guiseppi was expected to represent the Province at the funeral. A memorial Mass for Fr Pat takes place on Tuesday, June 29, at the Holy Trinity RC Church in Arouca at 6.00 p.m.

The Catholic News extends prayerful condolences to the Spiritan community on the death of Fr Pat Bascio.

http://www.catholicnews-tt.net/joomla/i ... &Itemid=61

So sad to hear of his passing. The video of him below is a favorite of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMaNa1K8lJo

thanks for the information

I purchased the book in hard copy. After I read it, I will send it to my Representative with a cover letter. Maybe she will or won't read it, but it will be good thing for me to try to get her to IMO.

Just watched the video and two others posted at YouTube--incredible thinker. Thank you, this helps clarify my own thinking..

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Watson wrote:

"I purchased the book in hard copy. After I read it, I will send it to my Representative with a cover letter. Maybe she will or won't read it, but it will be good thing for me to try to get her to IMO.

Just watched the video and two others posted at YouTube--incredible thinker. Thank you, this helps clarify my own thinking..

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU"

Reply:
    Welcome to ALIPAC, Watson, and thank YOU for your enthusiastic and pro-active response!