Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Numbers USA: GOP Senators looking at OWN DREAM Amnesty

GOP Senators looking at OWN DREAM AMNESTY -- fax now

Date: Thursday 19MAY2011 6 p.m. EDT

LET'S NIP THIS AMNESTY THREAT IN THE BUD

SEND FREE FAX TO YOUR GOP SENATOR(s) TO SAY NO COMPROMISE IN EXCHANGE FOR MANDATORY E-VERIFY

Inside sources are telling our Capitol Hill Team that a Republican Senator is shopping a GOP version of a DREAM Act amnesty to all her/his colleagues and is starting to gain some traction.

ACTION: Please send this fax to your Republican Senator(s) and demand that (1) they stand firm against any amnesty this year and (2) they pass a clean mandatory E-Verify bill that will open up millions of illegal-alien-filled jobs for unemployed Americans.

http://www.numbersusa.com/faxes?ID=13149

My own personal opinion (not official NumbersUSA policy) is that there might some day be a reason to look at a tightly drawn amnesty for truly compelling cases of illegal alien youth brought to this country IF it is tied to a major reduction in future LEGAL immigration (such as elimination of Chain Migration and the Lottery).

But at the moment, Congress is focused on finally passing legislation to mandate all employers to run employees through E-Verify to keep jobs out of the hands of illegal foreign workers.

Once House Republican leadership allows this bill on the floor, it will pass overwhelmingly -- with nothing but enforcement in it.

Then, we will have to work a little to get that bill to the floor of the Senate, but it can be done. And it should pass easily once a vote is forced.

The No. 2 Senate Democrat Dick Durbin (Illinois) is pressing Republicans to attach the old DREAM Act amnesty to any E-Verify legislation that is moving.

Unfortunately, we are told, some Republican Senators are taking up his offer and lobbying their colleagues to join up.

This is the time -- this very moment -- to flood these Republican Senators with faxes reminding them that the issue is about putting unemployed Americans back to work, NOT adding millions more legal foreign workers to compete with them in the hiring lines.

THANKS,

Roy Beck, President NumbersUSA

P.S. Did you see the latest study on recent college graduates?

Of all Americans who graduated college since 2006, only 53% currently have a full-time job.

Chris Chmielenksi has a great blog on that on our home page tonight.

Numbers USA
    1601 N. Kent Street
    Suite 1100
    Arlington, VA 22209

received by e-mail from Numbers USA on Thu, May 19, 2011 6:32 pm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    We need to find out who this Bum is

If I had to guess its either

Lindsey "Broke Back Mountain" Grahmn
    John "I gotta give them Amnesty" McCain
    Olympia "I better start Looking for a Job" Snow
    Jon "I'm retiring so I'm as dangerous as can be and can be bought off" Kyl
    Dick "MEGA RINO" Lugar
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)