Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ‘I LAUGHED OUT LOUD': TED CRUZ ON MARCO RUBIO CLAIMING THEY SHARE SAME IMMIGRATION RE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

‘I LAUGHED OUT LOUD': TED CRUZ ON MARCO RUBIO CLAIMING THEY SHARE SAME IMMIGRATION RE

‘I LAUGHED OUT LOUD': TED CRUZ ON MARCO RUBIO CLAIMING THEY SHARE SAME IMMIGRATION RECORD

by ADELLE NAZARIAN
    14 Nov 2015

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is slamming Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) over his contradictions on immigration policy as a lawmaker and his endorsement of the rampant abuse of H-1B visas by large corporations.

Before formally unveiling his immigration program in Florida, Cruz appeared on the Mike Gallagher Show. The Texan he laughed at Rubio’s claims that he shares the same immigration record as Cruz.

“I laughed out loud at that,” Cruz said. “Marco’s a friend, but that statement was truly stunning. That’s like Obama saying my position is the same as his on Obamacare [and] like the Ayatollah Khamenei saying my position is the same as his on the Iranian nuclear deal. It is laughingly, blazingly, on its face false.”

Rubio again stood by his claims on Friday while addressing reporters in Florida’s Sunshine Summit where he said he was “puzzled and quite frankly surprised by Ted’s attacks since Ted’s position on immigration is not much different than mine.”

Cruz said Rubio opposed every single amendment both he and Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) had introduced to prevent the further propelling of H-1B visa abuses and immigration issues. “I introduced an amendment to the Judiciary Committee to triple the border patrol [and] increase fourfold the fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft, to put in place a strong e-verify system; to put in place a strong exit-entry system for visa overstays.” He said in addition to every Senate Democrat on the committee voting against it so did the sponsors of the Gang of Eight bill, including Rubio.

He also said that he and Sessions are currently working on creating major reforms. “If I am elected president, the H-1B visa program will not be used to replace American workers and if it is, any company that attempts to do so will face serious legal penalties and even prosecution.”

Earlier this week in an interview on the Laura Ingraham Show, Cruz laid out the serious abuses by major corporations of the H-1B visas over the past few years. He said the program was designed to bring in true talent that was not readily available in America.

“But we’re seeing report after report after report of companies, not bringing in high-skilled workers, but bringing in people with college degrees–sometimes from diploma mills–and bringing them in to lay off American workers and forcing the American workers to train the people they’re bringing in. That is illegal [and] it is wrong.” He said he’s working with Sen. Jeff Sessions on introducing legislation to fundamentally reform the abuses in the H-1B program.

He told Ingraham that he does not believe it’s a good idea to increase immigration levels and with that the tripling of H-1B visas as Rubio has relentlessly sought to do:

"I was introducing a whole series of amendments in part to demonstrate the hypocrisy of the Democrats. So, for example, the Democrats claimed they were supporting high-tech workers so I introduced an amendment on that—and every Democrat voted against it. It demonstrated that this was all a political endeavor for them and that what they were saying wasn’t true."

Earlier in his interview with Ingraham, Cruz reminded listeners that in the 1980s Congress made a deal to grant amnesty to 3 million illegal immigrants in exchange for securing the borders. But the borders never got secured.

“And today, instead of 3 million it’s 12 million and the estimates are even higher than that,” Cruz said. He then said certain members of Congress are attempt to do the very same thing today. “The Gang of Eight fought tooth and nail to try and jam this amnesty down the American peoples’ throat” and that “the Gang of Eight voted as a gang against enforcing and securing the border.”

As for Rubio’s amnesty plan? Cruz said “the American people quite reasonably said ‘no.'”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ration-record/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rubio is a sleeze ball & corrupted by zuckerberg. Z made billions yet does not want to pay American workers for IT jobs and stoops to coercion of a slime ball politician. Hey z, how much money do you actually need? Do you have any integrity at all!

As far as the choice of jeb shifting to rubio, the Republican party better wake up or a clinton will be in the white house. McCain & Romney are proof of their past unrealistic thinking. You have to give the people someone that resonates with their needs and Mr Trump is that on the priority issues - immigration, illegals in the country and giving our stem jobs to American citizens FIRST as well as correcting damaging trade deals.

I had some reservations about Ted Cruz on immigration because of the H1B thing, but he is sounding better and better on iand stopping the illegal alien invasion. I think he would be a great compliment to Trump as vice-president because Cruze is more hard core conservative. However I think Sara Palin would be a good VP. The is more consistently conservative than Trump and her campaign style and appeal to populists would be a good fit with Trump. Also for those who want to play the "identity voter" game she is a woman, and there are far more women voters than, for instance, Black voters (13% of population) for those who think Ben Carson would be great to gain more Black votes (which is highly dubious consider their consistent voting pattern, 90% Democrat).

How about it patriots Trump, Palin 2016? I personally think this is a great idea.

palin is an alienating force and sealed the losing fate for mc cain

Quote Originally Posted by csarbww View Post
    I had some reservations about Ted Cruz on immigration because of the H1B thing, but he is sounding better and better on iand stopping the illegal alien invasion. I think he would be a great compliment to Trump as vice-president because Cruze is more hard core conservative. However I think Sara Palin would be a good VP. The is more consistently conservative than Trump and her campaign style and appeal to populists would be a good fit with Trump. Also for those who want to play the "identity voter" game she is a woman, and there are far more women voters than, for instance, Black voters (13% of population) for those who think Ben Carson would be great to gain more Black votes (which is highly dubious consider their consistent voting pattern, 90% Democrat).

How about it patriots Trump, Palin 2016? I personally think this is a great idea.
    I'm with you 50%, Trump yes, Palin no.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn