Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

15-mile chase ends in rollover; endangerment, DUI charges

15-mile chase ends in rollover; endangerment, DUI charges filed
    6 entrants held by Border Patrol; 1 is hospitalized
    Arizona Daily Star
    Tucson, Arizona | Published: 07.27.2007
    advertisement

An illegal entrant was airlifted to a Tucson hospital early Thursday morning after a vehicle pursuit ended in a rollover east of Bisbee.
    The pursuit began at 11:05 p.m. Wednesday when a Border Patrol agent attempted to stop a 1996 Chevy Tahoe carrying seven illegal entrants on Naco Highway northeast of the Naco port of entry, said Carol Capas, Cochise County sheriff's spokeswoman.
    The driver of the vehicle, Aron Toral Perez, 32, of Mexico, didn't stop and drove at high speeds north on Naco Highway, east on Arizona 92, the wrong way through the traffic circle south of Bisbee and east on Arizona 80 until turning north on North Oro Road, where the vehicle rolled, Capas said. The pursuit covered about 15 miles and lasted about 12 minutes.
    Emergency personnel found one passenger, an adult male from Chiapas, unconscious with "substantive" injuries and called for a helicopter to take him to University Medical Center in Tucson, Capas said. He was in stable condition Thursday afternoon, said Alejandro Ramos Cardoso, spokesman for the Mexican Consulate in Tucson. He's under Border Patrol custody and may be used as a material witness, Ramos said.
    Perez was taken to Copper Queen Community Hospital in Bisbee, where his blood was drawn, she said. He told investigators he was the driver and drinking alcohol, she said. He has been charged with six counts of endangerment, DUI and failure to yield.
    The other six illegal entrants and the vehicle were turned over to the Border Patrol.
    $1 Sunday delivery - Subscribe to the Arizona Daily Star

http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/193628
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My children and grandchildren just drove back from Phoenix and I don't mind telling you, all kinds of possibilities crossed my mind.

I imagined illegals somehow stopping the car, drug dealers having a shootout, fleeing illegal drivers, etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)