Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

17 arrested in immigration, gang initiative

I hope this hasn't been posted. If so, let me know.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2006/nov ... nitiative/

17 arrested in immigration, gang initiative
    Daily News staff

Friday, November 17, 2006

Thirteen gang members with aggravated felony convictions were arrested in Collier County Wednesday night, federal authorities said.

The 13 gang members and four immigration violators were arrested by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement special agents and officers with the Collier County Sheriff’s Office.

The operation targeted foreign national street gang members and criminal aliens, authorities said. It was part of "Operation Community Shield," an initiative launched in February 2005 to dismantle violent street gangs with foreign-born members.

The arrests included Charles Joseph, a 29-year-old citizen of Haiti, who is a documented gang member with multiple drug convictions and a conviction for carrying a concealed weapon, according to ICE.

Gilberto Rogel-Gomez, 40, also was arrested. Authorities said the Mexican national has been convicted of the lewd and lascivious molestation of a 6-year-old child.

“The law enforcement community in Fort Myers and Naples will continue working tirelessly to target those who pose a threat to our community and who have no legal right to remain in the country,” said Robert W. Weber, special agent-in-charge in Tampa, in a prepared statement. “We have zero tolerance for those who seek to hurt the innocent, especially our vulnerable children.”

The arrests occurred in various locations throughout Collier. Of the 17 arrested, seven were Haitian, eight were Mexican, one was Bolivian and one was El Salvadorian, authorities said. Those arrested will stay in ICE custody pending the outcome of their cases.

“This is another in a series of partnerships with ICE with a significant outcome,” Collier Sheriff Don Hunter said in a prepared statement. “It is still my firm belief that foreign nationals contribute to significant, serious criminal activity in Collier County.”

The Florida State Office of Probation and Parole, the Naples Police Department and the U.S. Secret Service also participated in the arrests.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Awww, c'mon, people! Chill out!
    These are typical of the decent, hardworking [soon to be] amnesty recipients!

They're all decent and hard working; the kind of people we're supposed to welcome as next door neighbors (doesn't apply to politicians).

How do we know this?
    Senator Edward Kennedy says so!

You're gonna question the word of a United States SENATOR?

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Gilberto Rogel-Gomez, 40, also was arrested. Authorities said the Mexican national has been convicted of the lewd and lascivious molestation of a 6-year-old child.
    Just another Bush honest, law abiding, good hearted folk I suppose?

Oh well, that makes it 17 down, 19,999,983 left to go.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€