Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 80 Percent Captured at Border Set Free in U.S., Says Agent

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

80 Percent Captured at Border Set Free in U.S., Says Agent

by BOB PRICE
    5 Sep 2016
    647 comments

A U.S. Border Patrol agent told Fox News Channel that eight out of ten illegal immigrants who are captured at the border are initially set free into the United States.

Border Patrol Agent Hector Garza, acting in his role as president of the National Border Patrol Council, Local 2455, appeared on Fox News Channel recently to discuss border security and the need for building a wall. “Eight out of ten people that are caught entering our country illegally are not deported and are allowed to stay in the United States,” Garza explained. “Unfortunately for Border Patrol agents, we are trying to do our jobs as best we can with the very limited resources that we have.”

Garza expressed his frustration at the lack of resources made available to the agents charged with defending this nation’s borders.

“We do not have enough vehicles for our agents to patrol with, we do not get the manpower that we need.” He continued by discussing the lack of proper infrastructure to safely do their jobs – including communications equipment, tower cameras and weapons.

“Through executive orders and prosecutorial discretion … Most of the people that we apprehend end up getting released into the country,” he said while expressing his frustration. He explained that with the limited amount of manpower available, “It is very difficult to adequately patrol the border.”

“Keep in mind,” Garza continued, “if we don’t have enough agents out there, there are going to be people who are going to get away – and we don’t know who those people are. The only people that we know who they are are the ones we are actually catching.”

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has pledged to secure the border with Mexico by building a wall and increasing the numbers of Border Patrol agents assigned to protect the border. The members of the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC) endorsed Trump’s candidacy earlier this year, Breitbart Texas reported, because of his commitment to secure the border and to listen to the rank and file agents who work along the border every day.

The NBPC is the only tool Border Patrol agents have to let the public know the truth about the lack of proper border enforcement and the conditions under which the agents are forced to work.

(Disclosure: Breitbart Texas sponsored the Green Line podcast for the NBPC in an effort to provide a platform for agents to inform the public about the realities on the border and what Border Patrol agents face. Director Brandon Darby received an award from the Laredo chapter of the NBPC for his work in helping to defend and bring a voice to Border Patrol agents. Breitbart News assisted in covering funeral costs for a slain Border Patrol agent previously. Darby and Breitbart senior management have directly stated and shown that helping to bring a voice to the expressed needs and interests of Border Patrol agents is a top priority–personally, individually and together through Breitbart News.)

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/...-s-says-agent/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The gov't doesn't want to stop the invasion - hard to believe but obvious - it is more than incompetence. Convenient how not enough funds on the enforcement end yet billions are available in costs paid out to have illegals here.

It's outrageous and disgusting. These politicians responsible for this should be sued for dereliction of duty and made to pay for the financial and human consequences on American Citizens.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We've been watching a show on the Justice Network called "Border Wars." It's very informative, but they do show things at their best instead of as they really are with the Border Patrol. Sounds like they spend more time hunting down drugs, especially marijuana, than chasing illegals.

I know many here won't agree, but I am in favor of legalizing marijuana. I don't think it's any more dangerous than alcohol, and legalizing it would bring in tax revenue, as well as free up the Border Patrol to spend more time going after illegals. And no, I don't smoke dope, never have, and I no longer drink either.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by imblest View Post
    We've been watching a show on the Justice Network called "Border Wars." It's very informative, but they do show things at their best instead of as they really are with the Border Patrol. Sounds like they spend more time hunting down drugs, especially marijuana, than chasing illegals.

I know many here won't agree, but I am in favor of legalizing marijuana. I don't think it's any more dangerous than alcohol, and legalizing it would bring in tax revenue, as well as free up the Border Patrol to spend more time going after illegals. And no, I don't smoke dope, never have, and I no longer drink either.
    I totally agree with you imblest. I've studied this for over a decade and when I found out what was happening in the War on Drugs, it just blew my mind. We arrest over 1.5 million Americans a year for non-violent drug offenses. In a decade that's 15 million Americans with a drug offense arrest on their record, in 20 years, that's 30 million, and on and on. That's just crazy to do this to people over non-violent drug offenses.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...rsons-arrested

There's a great organization trying to end the War on Drugs, it's called LEAP, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition and here's their website for more information:

http://www.leap.cc/
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy