Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ACLU, Civil Rights Groups Sue S.C. Over Immigration Law

ACLU, Civil Rights Groups Sue S.C. Over Immigration Law

free-times.com
    BY COREY HUTCHINS
    Issue #24.42 :: 10/19/2011 - 10/25/2011

A West Columbia woman with five children who has lived in South Carolina for six years is struggling against the bureaucratic tide of becoming a legal citizen.

Currently an undocumented immigrant, she has applied for a U-Visa, something that offers a path to citizenship for those who are victims of a crime. The feds know she’s in the country illegally, but have backed off since she’s trying to work it out.

However, the woman — who is listed in a new lawsuit as Jane Doe No. 2 — says she’s scared to travel in the state because of a new anti-illegal immigration law set to go into effect Jan. 1.

On Oct. 12, the American Civil Liberties Union and a coalition of other civil rights groups filed a federal lawsuit to stop it. They charge that South Carolina’s new law is unconstitutional, invites racial profiling and interferes with federal law.

South Carolina already has a law requiring employers to verify the immigration status of employees.

The new one is based on Arizona’s “papers pleaseâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A smart person would go through the legal process and then you don't bring all these issues on your own head and have to be looking over your shoulder.

You made your own bed, so lay in it.

well girl
    you should have stay in your own country first of all
    I don't fell sorry you any of you we are sick of all the BS
    as you can see all the American are not going to put up with this BS any more don't you think the American are also struggling also
    or you don't care about that only the illegal Immigrants
    in my book the American should sure the gov for what they are doing to The USA
    im happen gov jan sign this Bill it open many of eyes in My Book & now all the illegal immigrants & yes all the other
    country are worry i see this . & that good why the american
    are not going to stand for this any more
    No amnesty
    by the way im still struggling & i don't get any help only the illegal
    immigrants get I see this every day
    & Im sick of it
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by partwerks
    You made your own bed, so lay in it.
    I'd say she's laid in it a few times too many...

A West Columbia woman with five children
    And it does not say she is married so I take it she is not and therefore has FIVE ANCHORS collecting social benefits in a country she is illegally in to begin with and we are to feel sorry for ( mod edit) like this. They leech off our systems and are a burden on socirty,PERIOD!

Another surprising conclusion is,they want to cross into our land illegally and or overstay their visas ,if they even had one,and do not want to speak our language os assimilate BUT THEY KNOW HOW TO SUE SOMEONE.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou