Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Activists hammer Arpaio at Supervisors meeting

Activists hammer Arpaio at Supervisors meeting
    Sheriff calls comments disgusting
    Rich Dubek
    12 News
    Oct. 31, 2007 03:34 PM

Immigration rights activists angry with Sheriff Joe Arpaio were cut short with their comments at a county supervisors meeting on Wednesday. Board members ended public input after saying speakers got "off topic".

There were several agenda items scheduled for discussion but public input became more intense when supervisors discussed House Bill 2779, which would enable the County Attorney to use state money for immigration enforcement.

Several speakers immediately attacked the Sheriff, and his policy to arrest illegal immigrants. Immigration rights activist Salvador Reza asked the Board of Supervisors to reign in what he described as an out of control sheriff. "On the streets there has been an overwhelming amount of force against constitutionally protected demonstrations, if you don't stop this, you are going to have chaos on the streets, more than you already have today."

Reza also gave supervisors a copy of an interview Arpaio did with KTAR radio, when the Sheriff said the supervisors do not control him or his policies. Anti-Arpaio speakers focused on last weekends demonstration at the Pruitt's furniture store in Phoenix, where deputies arrested alleged illegal immigrants. "Are we moving towards massive arrests, massive incarcerations?" asked Manuel Hernandez.

Sheriff Arpaio and some of his staff members sat in the audience but did not speak until after the meeting. "This is a little disgusting what these people are doing, trying to agitate the Hispanic community to go after this Sheriff, my office, and my policies", said Arpaio.
    http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/ar ... 03107.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Joe is tough, he can handle it and he will get a lot of backing from folks who want the laws enforced!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Joe is tough, he can handle it and he will get a lot of backing from folks who want the laws enforced!
    I have already called him and given him my support

"Are we moving towards massive arrests, massive incarcerations?" asked Manuel Hernandez.
    One can only hope.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Thats Joe, with his face in the place, he does not hide or run.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyCountry
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    I have already called him and given him my support
    Good for you!
    Would you mind posting his number so that others can call too?

Sheriff Arpaio: (602) 876-1801

"Are we moving towards massive arrests, massive incarcerations?" asked Manuel Hernandez.

I sure hope so!!! Followed by massive deportations!!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sheriff Joe bobblehead doll

The immigration rights activists have alot of gall attacking the sheriff for doing his job.