Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

After 'painful' blunder, green card lottery results released

After 'painful' blunder, (DREAMie WINS) green card lottery

results released today

Results of the State Department's green card lottery were originally announced May 1, but those results were invalidated because of a computer glitch. The results of a new green card lottery were posted Friday.

By Chloe Stepney, Contributor / July 15, 2011

The 22,316 people who believed they had won the US State Department's green card lottery – the global lottery that drew 19 million applicants seeking the right to immigrate to the US permanently – on Thursday lost an appeal to have the results of that lottery stand.
    Skip to next paragraph
    Related stories

Powerball numbers: Why do lottery winners keep working?

On May 19, the State Department announced that a computer glitch had made the results from the lottery invalid, and that a second would need to be held. The results of that second lottery, the State Department says, were posted to the website Friday.

For those who won the invalidated lottery, the news was devastating. Nearly 2 million applicants had already visited the results website by the time the error was discovered and the website taken down on May 5, and about one-fourth of the selected had learned of their selection.

Thirty-six individuals representing the “22,000 hopefulsâ€
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

I thought you had to be in your own country to apply and win
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    I thought you had to be in your own country to apply and win
    Exactly. Not only has he been in the country illegally for a number of years, apparently, this person also says he is going to "talk to his lawyer". Despite his illegal status it doesn't sound like he is suffering financially.

His illegal presence should make him eligible for the 10 year ban.

That lottery ticket should be passed on to someone legally eligible to enter the country. Of course I'm sure that he will be quietly allowed to stay and eventually gain citizenship.

"No more immigrants please, we have plenty thanks! Here try Canada!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    "No more immigrants please, we have plenty thanks! Here try Canada!"
    Well Steve, I'm sure you like I am happy to know they INCREASED the number of aliens eligible for the lottery:

As mentioned in the article,it was exactly why they did a redrawing.....not only that,they are giving out 100,000 visas this time around instead of the usual 50,000 per year.You're definitely still lucky though considering the countless millions of people that applied.

The Kentucky Consular center[Dept. of State] will definitely get in contact with you by mail with the address that you provided when you signed up for DVlottery letting you know what you must do next in order to proceed with the benefit and how much time you have left to claim it.Generally speaking,you going to have to prove:

1.You graduated high school !-Diploma
    2.You're under 245i-Proof of documentation is required.
    3.You must request an adjustment interview inside the US.Do not fall for the picking it up overseas bit if under 245i !!!!
    4.If not under 245i ask your lawyer if the ICE memo maybe of some help to gain the document in question AND if the lawsuit would be of help to your case to gain it inside the US !!!

Good luck !!!

Ain't illegal alien life grand

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    yeah! I'm whistling "Zippitty-Doo-Da!" out of my ass I'm so fricken happy to have all the illegals they can spare!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I truly believe there are people in the State department PICKING for the invaders.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

yeah! I'm whistling "Zippitty-Doo-Da!" out of my ass I'm so fricken happy to have all the illegals they can spare!
    I hear you Steve. The more I read the more ticked off I become. I do, however, have to thank you for cracking me up

I hear you Steve. The more I read the more ticked off I become. I do, however, have to thank you for cracking me up
    Next year I'm gonna have to make you laugh in spanish! "Que" "Hold me Matters "I'm scared!"

Next year I'm gonna have to make you laugh in spanish! "Que" "Hold me Matters "I'm scared!"
    Hang on, I gotcha baby

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast