Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I've noticed that alot of these people quoted in this article are already living here, what's up with that?!?!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I've noticed that alot of these people quoted in this article are already living here, what's up with that?!?!
    There is nothing in the statute or regulations prohibiting participation of people already in the United States on temporary visas. If they're within the period of authorized stay and entered with inspection, they might be eligible to adjust status to permanent resident without leaving the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Washingtonian
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    There is nothing in the statute or regulations prohibiting participation of people already in the United States on temporary visas. If they're within the period of authorized stay and entered with inspection, they might be eligible to adjust status to permanent resident without leaving the country.
    By his own admission, he is a DREAMIe that has resided in the US illegally for 20 years.

Once a dreamer, always a dreamer. It may sound like a cliche but think about it, a piece of paper, or a card which is what it is actually, won't ever erase the 20+ years I've spent in the U.S. living under certain conditions. But, to answer your questions, I am still undocumented until I finalize the process. If everything goes well, it should take anywhere from 8 months to a year.

Winning the DV lottery is just the first hurdle. Yes, I am very lucky to have been selected. Only 100,000 are selected out of 19 million + entries that participated this year. Being selected does not mean you will actually get a green card, it only means you have a chance at getting one. There's a process that one needs to go through, one little mistake can cost you that chance.

I'm thankful and grateful for this opportunity and I hope to see this process through.

I have to say though I am not the only dreamer from this site to have won in the DV lottery. I received PMs from 2 other dreamers who won the previous year and are now going through the process. I won't disclose who they are but I am very thankful for the information they have given me. If they want to reveal to the forum who they are, I'm sure they will in due time.
    He is NOT here on a visa.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Re: After 'painful' blunder, green card lottery results rele

Quote Originally Posted by Washingtonian
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    I wonder if the idiots will check this illegal aliens' status and realize that is not eligible for anything but the 10 YEAR BAN.
    If he's illegal indeed (he never stated that), the only way for him to get a diversity visa is if he's eligible under INA 245(i). This would require presence of a labor certification or a visa petition filed on his behalf before 1998. This is probably not the case.
    By his own admission he is a DREAMie. Apparently, you are not familiar with the DREAM Act or their website. W does not want us posting the link to the website, but if you Google The Dream Act Portal, go into "THE LOUNGE" and the title of the thread is "I Was Selected In The DV Lottery", as bolded in my post above, by his own admission, he is "undocumented" and has been here illegally for more than 20 years. Thus, he is not eligible for the lottery.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Re: After 'painful' blunder, green card lottery results rele

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    By his own admission he is a DREAMie. Apparently, you are not familiar with the DREAM Act or their website. W does not want us posting the link to the website, but if you Google The Dream Act Portal, go into "THE LOUNGE" and the title of the thread is "I Was Selected In The DV Lottery", as bolded in my post above, by his own admission, he is "undocumented" and has been here illegally for more than 20 years. Thus, he is not eligible for the lottery.
    Sorry, I didn't know that. In this case he's legally entitled for a green card, unfortunately. Depending on his lottery case number he may be eligible to apply on or after October 1, 2011. He's illegal only until that date.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123