Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

America’s New Minutemen (opinion)

LINK to original article

America’s New Minutemen
    Written by Doc Farmer
    Wednesday, March 30, 2005

An estimate published by the Pew Hispanic Center last week gave a disturbing insight into how porous America’s borders have become. Their estimate (more like a guesstimate, really) stated that we currently have 10.3 million illegal aliens roaming around our streets. That’s UP from 8.4 million illegals only four years earlier, a 23% increase.

Think about this for a minute. In the span of 1,461 days, around 1.9 million people broke the law and entered our country illegally. That’s just about the population of the Cincinnati area, and just over the headcount in Kansas City. One Thousand, Three Hundred illegal aliens per day.

Now consider the fact that the numbers from Pew are almost certainly low. Very, very low.

America’s population is hovering around 300 million. Assume that Pew’s off by about half (it’s probably more, but humor me). That means that we’ve got around 20 million illegal aliens in our country. So just under seven percent of our population would be illegals. Not “undocumented aliens� or “guest workers� or whatever politically correct (and factually incorrect) euphemism the lib/dem/soc/commies are shoving down our throats today. My dad taught me to call a spade a spade - not a digging implement, not an entrenching tool, not even a shovel (there is a difference, believe me!). So let’s call these people what they really are.

Criminals.

Think about the possibility that six or seven out of every 100 people in this country are criminals. Criminals you are paying for with your taxes. Criminals who are taking money out of your pocket every single day.

What are the folks in Washington, D.C. doing about this? Well, the 535 crooks we’ve got in Congress and the nine spokespersons for Depends Undergarments we’ve got in SCOTUS have been working very hard to make this situation even worse. Now, we’ve got President Bush (a guy I like and respect) who is actually pushing an ill conceived, insecure and frankly idiotic “guest worker� program here.

And then you’ve got us. Everyday Americans. The folks who have to pay for the mistakes (and in many cases, the crimes) of all of the above. The folks who are pig-sick of having our government, during a time of war, actually aid and abet this not-so-gradual invasion of our country. The folks who will pay the price, in taxes or in their own blood, of having these felonious jerks wandering our streets.

Some everyday Americans are now saying “Enough!� They’re tired of the lies, the false promises, the false hopes, the legal wrangling and the blatant stupidity that is our nation’s policy regarding illegals. So, they are doing the only thing they can do. They’re taking action. The action their government refuses to take.

On April 1st, around a thousand American Citizens will begin to monitor our southern border in something called the Minuteman Project. Like their namesakes of old, they will be ready to defend their country, their homes, at a moment’s notice from the open invasion that their government is supposed to prevent. They will monitor the borders at first, contacting local authorities when they see folks sashay over here from Mexico. They will not take direct action, nor do they plan to try to “do a Rambo� to capture illegals on their own.

And this has a lot of folks in Washington hopping mad. How DARE these people! The audacity to actually exercise their rights under the Constitution. What few they have left, that is. President Bush complains about the possibility of vigilantes. There’s a difference between vigilantism and vigilance, Mr. President. These folks will not arrest. They are not a posse from the Old West. They are homeowners and ranchers and farmers and shopkeepers. They are people who are fed up to the back teeth of watching America bend over and grab its ankles for folks who are criminals, while they (the law abiding) are being abused by a government whose priorities, in this case, are ass-backwards.

Some folks have decried the fact that some of the volunteers in the Minuteman Project might be (Shock! Horror!) ARMED. Apparently, if the ACFLU had been around in the late 1770s, we’d still be singing God Save the Queen. Those who choose to be armed have the legal right to do so, under both State and Federal law. Don’t believe me? Check these words out -

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.�

Ah, there’s that pesky Constitution again. These folks have the right to keep and bear arms. They also have the right to form a well-regulated militia. Most importantly, they have the right to defend themselves, their homes, and their country. Something Washington has failed to do as regards our borders. Failed, and failed miserably.

I’m sure, President Bush, you will argue that your “guest worker� program is not an amnesty. Well, sir, I can put lipstick and a bikini on a pig, but calling it Pamela Anderson won’t make it anything other than a pig. Your plan is, not to put a fine point on it, foolish. A guest worker program will just create loads more bureaucracy, cost more money, and encourage more illegal entry. It won’t secure our borders - indeed, it will make an already rotten situation even worse.

You’ve said that these “guest workers� will take jobs that American’s won’t take. Really? So, we’re so much better than these illegals, eh? Americans will work if the jobs are out there, Mr. President. Giving the jobs to illegals so that we can prop up a corrupt government and a crippled economy south of the border is not my idea of helping America. Which, if I’m not mistaken, is the FIRST duty of the President and Congress.

I don’t really care how much you like Vicente Fox. I don’t care if he shared his secret recipe for Goat Enchiladas with you or not. I don’t give a rat’s rump if he’s promised all kinds of “reforms� and initiatives to stem the tide of illegals. He’s as crooked as a dog’s hind leg that’s been run over by a semi. His second largest cash crop is sending illegals here (the first is pot). He’s not going to give up that kind of revenue just because you think he’s your chum. His government is actually providing INSTRUCTIONS on how to invade our country, sir.

And you’re complaining about American Citizens who are exercising their legal and constitutional rights?

Time to get your priorities straight, Mr. President. It is time for you to support the Minuteman Project, effectively defend the borders of this nation, kick out every single illegal alien we can find, and tell Vicente Fox what he can do, along with the burro he rode in on. Your job is to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. Not Mexico. Your duty is to safeguard America during this time of war. Not invite God-only-knows who to come in and put this nation at potential risk.

We’re waiting, Mr. President.

About the Writer: Doc Farmer is a writer and humorist who is also a moderator on ChronWatch's Forum. He formerly lived in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, but now resides in the Midwest. Doc receives e-mail at docfarmer9999@yahoo.co.uk.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

To Everyone!

Lou Dobbs was outstanding tonight! It was almost all on illegal immigration and the MinuteManProject. Everyone should read the transcript. Duncan Hunter didn't mince words with Vincente' Fox, asking why he didn't do something with his own country so it's citizens didn't need to flee their homeland.

Sensenbrenner was at the uncompleted fence near San Diego, with a band of latino protestors making a bunch of noise behind him..."no fence"!!!

Virginia, today passed a bill similar to Az.Prop.200. It was voted in by 100% of their Senate. Go Virginia!

Also a few wise words from Terry Anderson.

Here's tonights poll

Do you think the Department of Homeland Security's move to add 500 border patrol agents is in direct response to the Minuteman Project?

Yes 94% 3425 votes

No 6% 200 votes

Total: 3625 votes

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/