Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

American Generosity Abused in Organ Transplants

American Generosity Abused in Organ Transplants

Among the most insufferable do-gooders are those in the healthcare profession, who believe their high social status enables them to redesignate their extreme liberal views as medical ethics. One serious area of disengagement from normal morality is their belief that criminals (including prisoners and illegal aliens) should receive organ transplants. Not only are these procedures very expensive, there are never enough donated organs to supply the need, so every organ given to a criminal means a law-abiding person does not get one.

One recent example was a 21-year-old illegal alien about to receive her fourth liver transplant: Million-Dollar Mexican Medical Moocher: http://blog.vdare.com/archives/2008/04/ ... l-moocher/ In 2003, illegal alien teen Jesica Santillan received two sets of heart-lung transplants after her parents smuggled her into this country for free medical care. The surgeon at Duke University Hospital inserted a heart and lungs with the wrong blood type, and she died after the second set failed to remedy the mistake. (Interestingly, the parents refused to donate the salvageable organs they had received.)

A couple days ago, the LA Times reported scandalous organ transplants for known foreign criminals: Four Japanese gang figures received livers at UCLA: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 7284.story The article noted that in each year between 2000 and 2004, “more than 100 patients died awaiting liver transplants in the greater Los Angeles region.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A California Nurse Opposes Giving Organ Transplants To The Foreign-Born—Especially When They Are Known Criminals

Rarely does one look back at a personal decision made years ago with so much satisfaction.

But when, more than a decade ago, I removed my name from the California list of organ donors, I knew I would never be sorry.

At the time, I had information that few Californians did: illegal aliens were routinely getting transplants.

Now comes the worst.

According to the Los Angeles Times, in a smelly deal with the Federal Bureau of Investigation for information, four Japanese criminal kingpins—"vindictive and brutal"—received taxpayer funded liver transplants at the UCLA Medical Center.

The FBI, which procured the visas for the gangsters, admits to getting "little useful information" in exchange. Three of the gangsters, according to the story, are currently barred from re-entering the U.S.

And here’s the kicker—the four transplants took place during 2000-2004, a period described by the Times as one of "pronounced organ shortage".

During the year that criminal kingpin Tadamasa Goto received his liver, 186 Los Angeles residents died waiting for that organ.[Four Japanese Gang Figures Got Liver Transplants at UCLA Hospital, By John M. Glionna and Charles Ornstein, Los Angeles Times, May 30, 2008]

Here’s the encouraging part of the story.

According to Arthur Caplan, a University of Pennsylvania bio-ethicist:

"If you want to destroy public support for organ donation on the part of Americans, you'd be hard pressed to think of a practice that would be better suited."
    Far be it from me to encourage people what to do regarding their personal positions on organ donations.

But removing ones name from the donor list might bring pressure to bear on the absurd policy of giving vital organs (which are indeed scarce) to the foreign-born—criminal or otherwise.

Cobb works in the intensive care unit of a major metropolitan hospital.
    http://www.vdare.com/letters/tl_053008.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)