Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Annoying Mexican offical chastises California gov

http://www.el-universal.com.mx/pls/impr ... abla=miami

Derbez chastises California gov. over gaffe

April 22, 2005

Foreign Relations Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez said Thursday he hopes Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger won't trip over his English again, a day after the the governor apologized for suggesting the state should close its border with Mexico.

Schwarzenegger blamed the Tuesday remark on his faulty command of English his second language and said he had intended to say the border should be secured.

"We hope that he won't be tripped up by his English again, and that this time around he has used the right English," Derbez told reporters in Mexico City, noting that the original comments "were wrong, an error and something we're not going to accept."

Schwarzenegger was referring to illegal immigration when he made the remark while speaking to newspaper editors and publishers in California on Tuesday.

"Close the borders in California and all across Mexico and in the United States," he said. "Because I think it is just unfair to have all those people coming across, have the borders open the way it is, and have this kind of lax situation."

But on Wednesday, he said "Yesterday was a total screw-up in the words I used. Because instead of closing, I meant securing. I think maybe my English, I need to go back to school and study a little bit."

================================================== =

Can you believe this guy?

"We hope that he won't be tripped up by his English again, and that this time around he has used the right English," Derbez told reporters in Mexico City, noting that the original comments "were wrong, an error and something we're not going to accept."
    Exactly what are you going to do if he does? Withhold his supply of tortilla chips. See what happens when you appease these guys? Now you got these idiots beating their chest thinking their so tough. Arnold knows how bad this immigration situation is. He knows it's not a good thing. But as soon as the OBL and the Mexican government comes after him, he starts to get scared and run away. That's not the Arnold I thought he was. Of course they are going to come after you and talk tough, but you Arnold have to be tough and weather the storm. You need to tell them that you don't care what they think and that they should shut their mouths if they knew what was good for them.

Appeasement is for cowards and it only emboldens the enemy to further walk all over you. Obviously the politicos haven't learned this lesson yet.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Is Arnold one of those "girlie" men he was talking about?
    I am about ready to go through the roof about these bozos like
    Derbez who have the nerve to state that closing our borders is
    "something we're not going to accept."

I have one question for that loudmouth Mr. Derbez.
    What are you going to do about it?
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Whether Derbez likes it or not, one way or the other we're closing those borders. It's insanity not to.

Poor Arnold...he is desperately outnumbered and out flanked...I'd sure hate to be in his position. His position is exactly the reason we MUST close those borders.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

It never really crossed my mind before... but I would bet a bunch Bustimanti ran with money from Mexico. I would also bet it was a Mexican National who blasted Arnold for being a "Nazi". Those sleezy little things in the Mexican Government are losing though!

Roadrunner:
    Poor Arnold...he is desperately outnumbered and out flanked...I'd sure hate to be in his position. His position is exactly the reason we MUST close those borders.
    Arnold should wake up. There are many of his citizens who want our borders secured, including many legal Latinos. He has the perfect chance to be a leader with this issue. We need a high profile individual to have the stones to step up. Be a terminator (metaphorically) in real life.
    Are you up to the task Arnold????????
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

There is a difference between close and secure. Close means no in and out. Secure means in with permission. It was a technical blunder on Arnold for using the term close instead of secure. However, if WE choose to close our borders, then they shall be closed.

This is the United States.

We are the Americans.

We Not Only Decide What Happens Here,

We Control What Happens Here.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Who does this guy think he is. This is our country; he has no say in whether we close the border or not. He is just hoping that Mexico freeloading on the USA continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee
    Who the hell does this guy think he is. This is our country; he has no say in whether we close the border or not. He is just hoping that Mexico freeloading on the USA continues.
    Reminds me of an e-mail that was read on Lou Dobbs last night:

The writer said: "If Governor Schwarzenegger wants to be the first foreign-born president of the United States, he is too late. We already have one and his name is Vincente Fox!"
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Yankee--they have no right given the problems their people have created for certain areas of the United States.

Watchman--good email read from Lou Dobbs. Lou's cool and persistent. He has stayed on this for a very long time....longer than most.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

smartest thing arnold ever said

I think that comment about closing the borders was the smartest thing any of our politicians has said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast