Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another hit and run incident - NC

Aunt: Hit-and-Run Suspect 'Less Than Human'

Posted: Today at 1:02 p.m.
    Updated: 8 minutes ago

Four Oaks, N.C. — Police said a unlicensed driver was drunk and operating a stolen car when he struck and critically injured a 7-year-old boy in Johnston County Saturday evening.

The driver, Pollo Hernandez Rodriquez, appeared before a judge Monday, while doctors at Duke University Hospital declared Marcus Lassiter, 7, brain dead.

Rodriquez faces charges of felony hit and run, driving while impaired, driving without a license, driving a stolen car and causing serious injury with a motor vehicle.

"I think he was less than a human," Marcus' aunt, Mary Ann Cooley, said. "I think he should get the maximum punishment."

Through an interpreter, the judge and an assistant district attorney spent explained the charges to Rodriquez. The judge kept the defendant's bond at $1 million.

Relatives said Marcus’ leg was broken, and he had brain damage. He was not breathing on his own Monday and remained on life support as doctors continued to perform tests, said family members, who remained at Marcus' bedside.

If the boy dies, state troopers said they would bring more serious charges against Rodriquez. Authorities were working to determine his immigration status.

The arrest and charges against Rodriquez, though, has brought little comfort to the family grieving for Marcus, relatives said.

"He's just a very sweet little, happy boy, full of energy," Cooley said.

State troopers said Marcus was standing on the shoulder of Heath Road when he was struck. An adult had been watching Marcus and another young child play in the yard, his aunt said.

"He was on the edge of the yard, and the car came by going 60 in a 45, and the man was drunk," Cooley said. "And he hit him, and he got out of the car, looked at everybody and ran."

Police said they arrested Rodriquez after he tried to flee from the scene. Marcus was flown to Duke for treatment.

Residents told WRAL that the speed limit in the area is 45 mph, but motorists often drive much faster. A resident WRAL interviewed said he has seen Rodriquez speeding through the neighborhood before.

“I’ve seen him speeding through here. My guess is he's doing at least 60 mph, no less. That’s a little fast for all the houses around this development,â€

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    illegal or not, I hope this monster rots in hell.

Published: Apr 14, 2008 07:59 AM Modified: Apr 14, 2008 02:46 PM
    Pollo Hernandez Rodriguez Hit and run victim 'brain dead,' patrol says
    By Martha Quillin, Staff Writer
    The N.C. Highway Patrol says the child victim of a hit-and-run accident in Johnston County on Sunday evening has been declared brain dead, and officers may file additional charges against the driver if the boy does not survive.
    Sgt. K.D. Bell with the patrol's Johnston County office said a man who gave the name Pollo Hernandez Rodriguez is charged with felony hit and run, felony assault, driving while intoxicated, possession of a stolen vehicle, driving without a license, speeding, and reckless driving. He is being held in the Johnston County Jail in lieu of $1 million bond.

Bell said the accident happened about 6 p.m. Sunday, when a vehicle lost control in a curve on two-lane Heath Road north of Four Oaks.

A witness reported that Marcus Lassiter, 7, was standing on the side of the road when the vehicle went off the road, struck the child, came back onto the road and then veered off the right side again, landing in a ditch.

The driver got out and ran into nearby woods.

With help from the Johnston County Sheriff's Department, officers set up a perimeter around the woods and, an hour later, took into custody the man who identified himself as Rodriguez. Bell said police have not confirmed his identity.

When he was arrested, Bell said, Rodriguez had a blood-alcohol content of .21. A person is considered intoxicated at .08.

In the area where the accident happened, the speed limit is 45 mph. Bell said investigators determined the driver came into the curve at about 70 mph.

Bell said the vehicle, a 1995 Chevy Camaro, had been stolen from the Four Oaks area.

martha.quillin@newsobserver.com© Copyright 2008, The News & Observer Publishing Company

A subsidiary of The McClatchy Company

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1036430.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

1 million in bail, no license, stolen car, fleeing the scene.

I would be very surprised if this per was NOT an illegal alien.

This crime has illegal alien written all over it.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Published: Apr 14, 2008 12:30 AM Modified: Apr 14, 2008 07:00 AM
    Hester helped authorities catch the suspect. Hit-and-run suspect caught in Johnston
    Resident helps officers find driver applications herey
    Sam LaGrone, Staff Writer
    A Four Oaks man helped authorities find a driver suspected of hitting a 7-year-old child with his car and then fleeing into the woods Sunday evening.
    Marcus Lassiter, 7, was struck by a car about 6:15 p.m. on Heath Road near the intersection of N.C. 96. Witnesses told troopers a silver Camaro hit the child and the driver fled on foot.

Allen Hester, 43, was mowing the lawn outside his Four Oaks home when Johnston County sheriff's deputies joined the investigation and began searching the area for the driver.

"I was out in the yard cutting grass, and deputies came around the house," Hester said.

He said the deputies told him the suspect had ditched his car and fled into the woods.

Abandoning his yardwork, Hester joined the search. A short time later, he spotted a man covered in scratches emerging from the treeline onto a road near the accident scene.

"I was trying figure out what I should do," Hester said. "I tried to get him into the truck to deliver him to the Johnston County deputies."

But the man couldn't be talked into going with Hester. So, Hester discreetly dialed the sheriff's office on his mobile phone and gave his location through his wireless headset.

"In less than 10 seconds, they were on us," he said.

Lassiter, the injured child, was flown to Duke Hospital, where hospital officials confirmed he was in the intensive care ward Sunday night, but they would not disclose his condition.

The name of the suspect had not released as of late Sunday.

Sam.LaGrone@newsobserver.com or (919) 836-4951© Copyright 2008, The News & Observer Publishing Company

A subsidiary of The McClatchy Company

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/johnst ... 36240.html

Man charged with hit-and-run faces judge
    Monday, April 14, 2008 | 2:12 PM

JOHNSTON COUNTY (WTVD) -- The man who police say hit a young boy then took off on foot faced a judge in Johnston County Monday.

It happened on Heath Road just outside of Four Oaks Sunday.

Highway Patrol officials say 20-year-old Pollo Rodriguez was driving a Camaro when he hit 7-year-old Marcus Lassiter, then got out of the car and ran.t

Authorities went door to door asking if anyone had seen Rodriguez.

That is when Allen Hester says he got in his truck and went looking for the suspect and found him.

"I called 911, [police] came and they got him," Hester said.

Officers caught up with Rodriguez a short time later. He's been charged with DWI, possession of a stolen car, hit and run, assault, reckless driving, speeding and driving without a license. His first court appearance is scheduled for Monday.

Marcus Lassiter is in critical condition at Duke University Medical Center.

Rodriguez remains in custody until his next court appearance later this month. Meanwhile, investigators believe Rodriguez may be using a fake name. Investigators are also checking his citizenship status.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?secti ... id=6079375

And people are still opposed to the death penality! Sick!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by ourcountrynottheirs
    illegal or not, I hope this monster rots in hell.
    after he rots in jail.
    **Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "man, what a rid

Almost all the news articles I find on illegal alien Drunk drivers are the
    hit and run with death or badly injured victims. Where are the news articles about DUI roadblocks catching and arresting this scum before our children are maimed and killed?

Last year if you searched Google news there were plenty now almost none. Your guess?

Rodriquez faces charges of felony hit and run, driving while impaired, driving without a license, driving a stolen car and causing serious injury with a motor vehicle.
    Another one of Bush's men with "good family values". No license, driving a stolen car, RUNNING AWAY FROM THE SCENE of a hit-and-run DUI that leaves a little boy brain dead. This is TYPICAL behavior of an illegal alien, OR a TYPICAL Hispanic drunk driver where statistics show have a very high rate of driving while intoxicated. AND- THIS CRIMINAL NEEDED AN INTERPRETER? THATS VERY TELLING.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast