Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another insulting editorial in defense of illegals

7/5/2008 1:50:00 AM Email this article • Print this article
    To those who use the terms 'Hispanic' & illegal immigrants as if they are one
    Dennis Wyatt
    Managing Editor

San Joaquin. California. Sacramento. Vallejo. San Diego. Sierra. San Jose. Sonora.

It might come as a shock to narrow-minded folks who devalue the richness of the English language by sending thinly veiled vile attacking Hispanics and immigrants - legal and otherwise as if the two are interchangeable - but this state's heritage, culture and economy has strong Latin overtures.

Three emails - of which one came from Southern California and the other from the Midwest - sent in response to a story that stated 3,000 foreign immigrants move to San Joaquin County every year blamed much of this nation's ills on Hispanic immigrants

I can fill at least two-thirds of this column with the names of men with Hispanic surnames I've had the honor of knowing who defended this country by putting their life on the line by fighting in World War II, the Korean War, The Vietnam War, the Gulf War, and the current Global War on Terror. And guess what, many of them are fourth, fifth and sixth generation Americans while others are first generation.

Most are no different than others with different skin tones who work to provide a decent living for themselves and their families.

Yes, there are those that are Hispanic who belong to gangs. But guess what? There are an awful lot of Caucasians who belong to gangs including those with Hispanic names such as Sorentos and Nortenos.

Yes, there are Hispanics in this country illegally. There are also Europeans, Canadians, and Asians here illegally as well with many taking advantage of visa programs and simply over staying the limits. The numbers are indeed higher when it comes to Hispanics but let's not just paint them all as renegade lawbreakers.

There is no doubt that simply being here illegally you have broken the law.

But it is this country that created such a situation through its misguided morphing of the Bracero and other programs that were put in place because the American economy was in desperate need of unskilled labor to fill jobs. We pulled the plug on such programs but it didn't stop the need for the labor.

Get outraged all you want about illegal immigrants - particularly from South of the Border - but just keep in mind it is their backs that are keeping food costs down for the rest of us. They are the ones who will take menial jobs that no one else wants.

I have yet to hear an immigrant - whether they are legal or not one shouldn't assume - with an obvious Hispanic background whine about minimum wage jobs. Yet I can cite at least four clear cut examples of American citizens who -in several of the cases never held a job but did go to the trouble of impregnating girlfriends and producing kids that they can't and won't support - have made it clear they won't work unless it is for $15 an hour or more.

Immigrants are here to make a better life. Yes, I know all of the stories about a small but annoying number who have played the system. But in the overall scheme of things that is nothing compared to those that don't. It would be like someone casting dispersion on Americans of European extraction because of stories of whites exploiting the welfare system.

Which brings up the point that needs to be made by those who lump Hispanics and immigrants into the same word.

It is not OK to do so and then have the audacity to call yourself an American. Debate the pros and cons, triumphs and travesties of immigration today but don't paint it by color. There is no ethnicity known as "American." The strength of this nation is the fact for the most part it is driven by ideals and not skin tone. That doesn't mean there isn't racism, bigotry or discrimination. What it does mean is that the core premise of why we exist is not a remake of the British Empire, France, Germany, Italy or any other nation you want to pick where ethnicity is virtually synonymous with nationality.

France may have Algerian immigrants and those from the Middle East but you can bet your last franc that the vast majority of that nation identifies themselves as being French in ethnicity and a citizen of France in such a manner that they use it interchangeably.

You're an American by birthright or legal immigration. And an American is truly a blending of the globe.

It devalues your own standing as an American when you cast a wide web of bigotry - intended or inadvertent - over other segments of the blend.

American is the sum total of its ingredients regardless of their origins, skin tone, views or religious beliefs.

And when dispersions are cast upon part of the whole and the rest of us stand by and say nothing we are given credence to bigotry and the cancer it festers.

http://www.mantecabulletin.com/main.asp ... leID=58400

And again we are racist because we are tired of being over ran by people here unlawfully,and we are starting to demand that our immigration laws be enforced.

And again I am being categoried as racists because of my white skin.

Here is the bottom line illegal immigrants are breaking our laws and we want it stopped.

We want illegal immigrants gone that does not mean that we are anti immigrant as you snakes wish to make every one believe.Keep writing garbage such as this I am sure it is working for our side as more and more people (citizens) are waking up to the adverse affects of illegal immigration.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

go post a comment cuz i sure as heck did

did you notice this--- Article comments are not posted to the Web site.

makes me wonder who sees the comments and if its not a waste of time to submit anything cuz i would like to see what others have to say

The numbers are indeed higher when it comes to Hispanics but let's not just paint them all as renegade lawbreakers.
    Then quit painting hispanics as a single minded race and culture. Where there is a Mexican there is Mexico. Latino this, Latino that Hispanic worker rights. Health care for Hispanics. Higher pay for Hispanics. Not one mention of all the OTHER Americans in the same boat. Don't want to be lumped? Quit lumping. Like illegal and legal immigrants are the same.....sorry, they aren't. As far as Americans....it's only the "specialty" groups who have to identify themselves as something other than American. American isn't a race and unless your blind, the addition of obvious racial things to make you different, is rather redundant.

There is a difference between legal and illegal and when the illegal ones outnumber the legal ones....it's not abnormal to question the citizenship standing and I'm not going to play the game that somehow it doesn't matter.

The "hispanic" spokespeople are the ones who set the stage with lumping Latinos all together with "hard working", "honest, good, Catholic, family" people.....lumped legal and illegal together as if there's no difference. They are the ones who want to be all of one mind when they want to be, and then scream if the ugly side is also credited to them. Make up your mind.....I can discern differences......don't blame me when I do. Legal, illegal. Criminal, not criminal, good people, bad people. Gang member, good kid. Those little details are important because the picture you want me to see is not what's out there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegal doesn't have a skin color, but the reports do show that the majority of illegals come here from south of the border. That's not the Americans fault. If you see a problem and the biggest portion of that problem is coming from one area, it makes sense to concentrate on that area. But the Latino groups would have you think that the illegals from their ethnic group are all here just to make a better life. Well, maybe that's their intention, but they're sure making alot of Americans miserable by threatening our safety, our sovereignty, our schools, our cultural values, and the cost to our public system. This idiot who wrote this article needs to do a little research and pull his head out. The reality of this situation is way different than the way he's dreaming about it.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The author of this article know what they are doing.
    Distortion by deception.

I say he's:

I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

MW
    Get outraged all you want about illegal immigrants - particularly from South of the Border - but just keep in mind it is their backs that are keeping food costs down for the rest of us.
    Well they're certainly doing a damn lousy job at it (keeping prices down)! Have you taken a spin around your local grocery store lately?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have yet to hear an immigrant - whether they are legal or not one shouldn't assume - with an obvious Hispanic background whine about minimum wage jobs. Yet I can cite at least four clear cut examples of American citizens who -in several of the cases never held a job but did go to the trouble of impregnating girlfriends and producing kids that they can't and won't support - have made it clear they won't work unless it is for $15 an hour or more.
    Hmmm, let's see. IA making minimum wage, living 2-3 families to ONE home, not paying taxes, insurances (medical,auto,etc.). Popping out as many anchor babies as they can have and CANNOT support. Anchor babies collecting welfare $$$$, free education, free medical, free lunch, food stamps, housing vouchers, did I miss anything?

What do they have to whine about? Add all the freebies they steal to their "paychecks" (tax-free) and they are living large, man. They drive shiny, new BIG SUV's, cell phones, all the latest fashions and bling. The little anchors encased in gold earrings, necklaces, bracelets.

Americans don't live 2-3 families to a home, therefore $15 an hour is a minimum we need to survive, without the freebies taken by illegal aliens. Americans also don't tend to produce 5-10 kids (again, we don't get those pesky freebies).

Spin me another fairy tale about IA's, willya?
    "

What do they have to whine about? Add all the freebies they steal to their "paychecks" (tax-free) and they are living large, man. They drive shiny, new BIG SUV's, cell phones, all the latest fashions and bling. The little anchors encased in gold earrings, necklaces, bracelets.
    Exactly.

There are an awful lot of Caucasians who belong to gangs including those with Hispanic names such as Sorentos and Nortenos.
    Why do they throw the "white" thing in when the vast majority of gangs are black and hispanic? Granted, I'm older but I don't hear of a white gang terriorizing neighborhoods. Last white gang I can thing of was biker gangs and even though they were a problem......I don't remember anything like this scale, or this young. Ya, I'm out of the loop here but what Caucasian gangs are there ?

Hispanics on a whole are caucasian, and if they (since gang members are young) have a hispanic name, they are identifing with the hispanic half of their identity. If that makes sense. Hispanic isn't a race but if that's what you want, fine......just make up your mind which game you're playing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast