Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Anti-illegal immigrant group comes to City Hall for raucous

Anti-illegal immigrant group comes to City Hall for raucous protest
    Heather Knight, Chronicle Staff Writer

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

More... (07-30) 12:43 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- About a dozen members of the Minutemen, a group that patrols the U.S.-Mexican border in an effort to keep illegal immigrants out, stood on the steps of San Francisco's City Hall today to decry the city's sanctuary policy and demand that Mayor Gavin Newsom resign.

They waved signs calling Newsom, District Attorney Kamala Harris and William Siffermann, head of the city's Juvenile Probation Department, "accessories to murder" for the city's now-reversed policy of not turning over illegal immigrant youths arrested for felonies to federal authorities for possible deportation.

One Salvadoran immigrant who benefited from the policy, Edwin Ramos, has been charged with three counts of murder for the June 22 shootings of 48-year-old Tony Bologna and his sons Michael, 20, and Matthew, 16. Ramos, now 21, was arrested as a 17-year-old for an assault and an attempted robbery, but city officials did not turn him over to federal immigration authorities.

"We are asking for the resignation of Mayor Gavin Newsom for his endorsement and support of sanctuary city status that led to the horrific slayings of the Bologna family," said Minutemen founder Jim Gilchrist.

Hundreds of immigrants rights advocates stood on the sidewalk yelling back at the Minutemen and chanting, "Smash the border, smash the Minutemen!"

Ricardo Avila, a 30-year-old who lives in the Excelsior, pointed out that scores of people are killed in San Francisco every year, and said the Minutemen were unfairly using the Bologna killings to make their point.

"To single out one case is self-serving," Avila said. "People are killed by people, undocumented or not. But they choose a specific case to exploit a family for a cause."

Police Lt. Michael Slade said two people - both on the pro-immigrant side - had been arrested, one for allegedly spitting on a sheriff's deputy and one for throwing an unknown liquid at the City Hall steps. He said both were likely to be released today.

E-mail Heather Knight at hknight@sfchronicle.com.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 12259Q.DTL
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

GO MINUTEMEN; KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is great! More americans need to see this because they will then feel more safe to speak up also.

I see this was lead by Gilchrist , whom i'ld never march with . Now if it where Chris Simcox's group i'ld support him 100%. we all know what Gilchrist is .

Ricardo Avila, a 30-year-old who lives in the Excelsior, pointed out that scores of people are killed in San Francisco every year, and said the Minutemen were unfairly using the Bologna killings to make their point.
    What an IDIOT . People aren't normally gunned down in cold blood either buddy !
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Quote Originally Posted by tencz57
    I see this was lead by Gilchrist , whom i'ld never march with . Now if it where Chris Simcox's group i'ld support him 100%. we all know what Gilchrist is .
    !
    I ENDED UP NOT GOING WHEN I FOUND OUT IT WAS GILCHRIST. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn