Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anybody Watch Dobbs Tonight? Gangs & "Tough Luck

Nothing should surprise anymore but on Dobbs tonight a story about the massive gang problem in LA and how Mayor MEChA Tony has solicited both financial and prosecutorial help from the federal government and in particular the AG. None of the head politicians nor the AG would publicly admit a correlation between illegal immigration and the gang problem but the best of all was Gonzales stating that the gangs are not really a bad sort just hit a bit of "tough luck" and that we need to handle this gang problem with "human dignity". Nothing that jobs and education won't help fix. i.e. A lot of our tax dollar thrown at gangs and Mayor Tony. I would imagine that when it is all said and done this too will somehow be, "our", America's fault.

CASEY WIAN, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Lou, politicians and law enforcement officials are promising to crack down on gangs in cities like Los Angeles. But they're refusing to acknowledge the role illegal immigration plays in the spread of gang violence.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

WIAN (voice over): The mayor of Los Angeles...

MAYOR ANTONIO VILLARAIGOSA (D), LOS ANGELES: This is the epicenter of gangs in the United States.

WIAN: ... California's governor...

GOV. ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER (R), CALIFORNIA: There's 720 gangs, and that is a problem that is existing now all over the state of California.

WIAN: ... the U.S. attorney general...

ALBERTO GONZALES, U.S. ATTORNEY GENERAL: These are individuals who have run into a spell of tough luck.

WIAN: ... police chiefs and sheriffs, a priest, a presidential candidate. They're all talking about how to stop gang violence.

The Los Angeles region alone has 120,000 gang members. Gang crime here jumped 14 percent last year.

CHIEF WILLIAM BRATTON, LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPT.: Well, we had an uptick last year. And I think we will clearly see this year that the gang issues are going to once again begin to recede in the City of Angels.

WIAN: Leaders say they're addressing the root causes, lack of education and jobs, through work programs like this T-shirt business that employs former gang members. Officially, about a third of L.A. high school students fail to graduate, though many educators believe the true dropout rate is closer to 50 percent. Youth unemployment has climbed above 20 percent.

GONZALES: I have an obligation to ensure that the laws are enforced and that people are prosecuted. But I'm equally concerned with making sure that we're taking steps as a government, both at the federal, state, local level, to provide educational programs, to provide job opportunities, to prevent these kids from joining gangs in the first place.

WIAN: Gangs now control several L.A. communities and increasingly operate across international borders. But most political leaders downplay the link between failed border security and gang violence and they continue to support sanctuary policies that prevent local police from arresting illegal alien gang members for immigration offenses. VILLARAIGOSA: We need to ensure that the victims of crime, that witnesses to crime come forward. And so, we don't want them to believe that we're going to report them to ICE.

WIAN: Attorney General Gonzales says he believes it's important to fight gangs in a way that respects human dignity.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

WIAN: Political leaders are clearly struggling to find a solution to the gang violence problem. Governor Schwarzenegger says he plans to hold a meeting with police chiefs from throughout the state to come up with a battle plan -- Lou.

DOBBS: Just correct me if I'm wrong. The attorney general of the United States referred to the gang members as having hit "a spell of tough luck"?

WIAN: He sure did. He said later in that press conference that they did make bad decisions, but his first reference to the gang members are these are folks who have gone through some bad luck.

DOBBS: There is no question of that, but how would he characterize the victims of all of this gang violence that is now becoming a critical problem? I mean, the law enforcement officers, officials that I've talked with have said that gang violence is the principal reason that we have seen a rise in violent crime, especially murder in this country.

WIAN: Absolutely. And the FBI has stated clearly that (INAUDIBLE), the MS-13 gang that operates almost with impunity across borders, is the new American mafia, Lou. Clearly, law enforcement recognizes the problem of the lack of border surety. Politicians don't want to admit it.

DOBBS: They don't want to admit it, and to hear the U.S. attorney general speaking -- and I think, by the way, correctly that certainly poverty and a lack of education are certainly drivers contributing to the -- to membership in gangs rising, there's nothing, not a single thing that a U.S. attorney general can do. His job is to be the chief law enforcement officer of the land.

WIAN: And that job would be a lot easier if the borders were secure. When ICE, federal government deports illegal aliens, illegal alien gang members, they're often able to come right back into the United States and expand the gang activity -- Lou.

DOBBS: It's a remarkable period. It is a tragic period to see so many of this nation's youth being caught up in this gang violence, and the lack of human dignity certainly being rendered an increasing number of victims across the country in violent crime.

Thank you very much, Casey Wian, from Los Angeles.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... dt.01.html
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Attorney General Gonzales says he believes it's important to fight gangs in a way that respects human dignity.
    And just how would that be??? Say "pretty please" stop gang-banging...be nice! You have to HAVE human dignity before it can be respected! What an idiot!

He trying to downplay the extreme violence that has been steadily increasing in California and the US. Once again he showing his anchor baby mentality!!

Gonzalez -Thought to self"I could of been one of them if my parents didn't BREAK THE LAW TO COME TO THE US"

I can just here the twisted reasoning to think hardened gang criminals, who have said they don't expect to live past thirty, are just misunderstood angels!!! GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!

These gang members are well past the age of reasoning. Is there any sympathy for the AMERICAN CITIZENS WHO ARE VICTIMS OF THESE GANG BANGERS!!!

Gonzales's loyalty is to Mexico!! Plain and simple. All the victims of gang crime should march and protest for MAKING LIGHT OF THE VICTIMS!!!

This is beyond anything I could of imagined, what is happening in this country today. God help us!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, Alberto Gonzales was great today!! He made such a complete fool of himself!!
    Thanks, Mister Attorney General Not.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can you imagine Ed Meese or Ronald Reagan addressing
    violent crime in LA by organized crime in such PC terms?

When I saw this report tonight on Lou, I thought my head was going to explode Is there any hope

Can you imagine Ed Meese or Ronald Reagan addressing
    violent crime in LA by organized crime in such PC terms?
    I don't know Ed Meese enough to know, actually. But everyone knows what Ronald Reagan would have called them.....probably terrorists!!

Do we have this right? Dangerous and violent gang members had some "tough luck", but Border Patrol Agents Ramos and Compean are hardened criminals in need of prison time as a result of the testimony of a drug dealer illegal alien?????????????

HELLO!!!! WAKE UP AMERICA!!!