Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Appellate Court Rules Lawsuit Challenging Houston’s Illega

Appellate Court Rules Lawsuit Challenging Houston’s Illegal Alien Sanctuary Policy Will Continue
    judicialwatch.org/news
    Contact Information:
    Press Office 202-646-5172, ext 305
    Washington, DC -- September 13, 2011

Appellate Court Reverses Decision by District Court Dismissing Judicial Watch Lawsuit Filed by Houston Police Sgt. Joslyn Johnson, Widow of Police Officer Murdered by Illegal Alien

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit has ruled in favor of Judicial Watch client Houston police sergeant Joslyn M. Johnson, the widow of a fellow police officer murdered by an illegal alien. The three-judge panel reversed a decision by the district court. Sgt. Johnson’s lawsuit against the City of Houston’s illegal sanctuary policy will now continue (Johnson v. City of Houston (No. 10-207343)).

As noted by the appellate court, under The Houston Police Department’s (HPD) illegal alien sanctuary policy “HPD officers are forbidden from notifying federal authorities that they have encountered a known illegal alien unless they arrest that person on a ‘separate criminal charge (other than a class C misdemeanor).’â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Finally...some one who understands the law.

Banned
    This Is a VERY SIGNIFICANT DECISION This Is a HUGE WIN for the rule of law~ verses a far left liberal decision that has become all too common In these types of cases. This Is cause for celebration
    I am actually shocked that this was reversed :P
    This Is a sea-change ruling on this Issue and It bodes well when combined with the SUPREME COURTS recent ruling that said States have the right to Implement and enforce E-Verify .... I am so happy about this that I don't know what to do
    NEVER GIVE UP my fellow Alipacer's ... we are slowly turning the tide In our favor

I agree this is an important victory, but the fight isn't yet over. I would think the city of Houston appeals to a higher court. Hopefully, this decision continues to be up held.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wait a minute, I'm not understanding something. AG Eric Holder sued Arizona's SB-1070 for supposedly "infringing on Federal duties" to enforce immigration laws. Then why doesn't Holder also sue Houston for their sanctuary policies? Isn't this a bigger infringement on the Federal Government's duties to enforce well established Federal laws? It's almost as if Holder picks and chooses what laws he likes and doesn't like, and proceeds from there.

Former White House Spokesperson Robert Gibbs once commented that SB-1070 was being challenged by the AG, because "we can't have a patchwork of states making-up their own immigration laws". But when Gibbs was asked to comment on the patchwork of Sanctuary Cities and States throughout the country, he couldn't immediately give an answer. Ironically, he resigned his position shortly after that.

It would make more sense for AG Holder to legally contest the patchwork of Sanctuary cities throughout the country. Sanctuary cities can cost American lives, whereas states volunteering to help-out the Feds in immigration enforcement might hurt the feelings of law-breakers. Isn't the AG concerned about protecting American lives?