Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arab groups protest Beck's hiring

Arab groups protest Beck's hiring

NEW YORK - Three groups are urging ABC News not to keep CNN Headline News personality Glenn Beck on as a "Good Morning America" commentator because they believe he's biased against Arabs.

The Arab American Institute, American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee and the Muslim Public Affairs Council all said Thursday they had written to ABC News President David Westin about Beck.

"Good Morning America" executive producer Jim Murphy has spoken to a representative of the groups and has invited them on the air to talk about their grievances, said ABC News spokeswoman Jeffrey Schneider. Beck has appeared twice on the show, once together with a Muslim religious leader.

The groups said that Beck _ who's drawing strong ratings with his evening show on CNN Headline News _ has stated on his show that Arab and Muslim Americans are apathetic to terrorism. During an interview in November with Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison (news, bio, voting record), the first Muslim member of Congress, Beck asked him to "prove to me that you are not working with our enemies."

"That blatant anti-Arab, anti-Muslim bias has been given credibility on a larger news show is something that concerns us," said Arab American Institute spokeswoman Jennifer Kauffman.

Beck has said that his question to Ellison was poorly worded.

"My message is clear: Islam is a peaceful religion for over 90 percent of the world's Muslims," he said. "I have urged viewers repeatedly to understand this, while asking all of the proud, peaceful Muslims here in America to take a more visible role in our fight against those who make a mockery of the Quran. I also make airtime available, at any time, to any Muslim organization to help reinforce this realistic, peaceful view of Islam."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070126/ap_ ... beck_arabs
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Make sure you watch Glenn right after Lou Dobbs every night.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If the Arabs are protesting then Glen must be doing something right, i like him.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Glenn Beck knows what he is talking about. I have never heard him disparage Muslims as a whole, but he is not afraid to raise some questions that a lot of people are too PC to do.

And here we have a Muslim group admitting, according to them, 10% of Muslims are not peaceful and tolerant. If you take into consideration that there are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, that 10% is a lot of folks who are not peaceful adherents of that belief system. This is not a "small minority of extremists." This needs to be discussed openly.

These so called "moderate Muslims" should be directing their energies towards denouncing their radical brethren.

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    If the Arabs are protesting then Glen must be doing something right, i like him.
    That is so right on!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    If they are so peaceful and tolerant, and 90% are this way, then why are the 10% running the show?

Why don't the leaders of the nations (Saudi Arabia mainly) where these peaceful people preside, take action to rid or jail the not so peaceful ones?

If they are so concerned with this issue, they would attempt to deal with it from within, instead of whining that they are being maligned.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tom Tancredo has it right, all minority caucuses need to be banned. All it does is create reverse discrimination, especially with LA RAZA!

Glenn is great!!!
    This country use to be a nice peaceful place, can't our congress see what is going on here, its time to shut all of them up and quit letting them into our country, we are getting sick and tired of all of you!!!! Before they let all of these people into our country, we use to be pretty tolerant of each others religon, holidays, so forth, now these people are not just happy to be free they want everything their way, well tough, if you don't like our ways GET OUT!!!!! But no they want to let more in, do they ever learn anything from their mistakes!!!! NO
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

They are targeting Glenn because of his series on Islamic Extremism a little while back. And we as Americans need to support him for having the courage to tell the truth. This is the way CAIR and some other Islamic anti discrimination groups work. And they have an agenda. I posted in another thread that we shouldn't discourage Muslims who speak out against radical Islam; and I still believe that. But I should have added the comment that they need to practice what they say. After all that's happened it's not up to US to prove to THEM anything. We need American media to show the truth. So let me post this for anyone who may not have seen this series of short videos on an undercover investigation of a mosque in the UK. And you can be sure this is happening here as well.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

They are targeting Glen because,
    HE MAKES THEM FEEL GUILTY! For not standing up and protesting against the radical Islams, when people feel guilty they cry racist!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast