Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ark. lawmaker, AG clash over site in Spanish

Ark. lawmaker, AG clash over site in Spanish
    Posted: Jul 18, 2011 6:43 PM EDT Updated: Jul 18, 2011 6:43 PM EDT

By ANDREW DeMILLO
    Associated Press

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - An Arkansas lawmaker is accusing Attorney General Dustin McDaniel of "pandering" to Hispanic voters by offering a version of his state website in Spanish. McDaniel is defending the site and called the comments embarrassing.

Republican Rep. Jon Hubbard complained about the site in an email sent Monday to McDaniel. The Jonesboro lawmaker sent the message to dozens others, including other legislators and a reporter from The Associated Press.

Hubbard told The Associated Press that he believed the website could be challenged as discriminatory since it's not offered for other languages. Hubbard earlier this year unsuccessfully pushed for legislation barring Arkansas from offering most non-emergency services to illegal immigrants.

McDaniel said in an email to Hubbard that the site helps legal citizens of the state who also speak Spanish.

http://www.katv.com/story/15102804/ark- ... in-spanish
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What about legal residents who speak other languages, McDaniels?

Another question, what exactly is a legal citizen of the state? This man is AG and doesn't realize states do not give citizenship? What a MAROON!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

McDaniel said in an email to Hubbard that the site helps legal citizens of the state who also speak Spanish.
    HUH! If they are citizens of this country then they are suppose to understand English (requirement to be a citizen) so why pander to Hispanics?

The way I look at it ,it is like announcing Special needs for Special people......
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou