Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Arrival of aliens ousts U.S. workers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Arrival of aliens ousts U.S. workers

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060 ... -1297r.htm

Arrival of aliens ousts U.S. workers
    By Jerry Seper
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    Published April 10, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    An Alabama employment agency that sent 70 laborers and construction workers to job sites in that state in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina says the men were sent home after just two weeks on the job by employers who told them "the Mexicans had arrived" and were willing to work for less.

Linda Swope, who operates Complete Employment Services Inc. in Mobile, Ala., told The Washington Times last week that the workers -- whom she described as U.S. citizens, residents of Alabama and predominantly black -- had been "urgently requested" by contractors hired to rebuild and clear devastated areas of the state, but were told to leave three job sites when the foreign workers showed up.

"After Katrina, our company had 70 workers on the job the first day, but the companies decided they didn't need them anymore because the Mexicans had arrived," Mrs. Swope said. "I assure you it is not true that Americans don't want to work.

"We had been told that 270 jobs might be available, and we could have filled every one of them with men from this area, most of whom lost their jobs because of the hurricane," she said. "When we told the guys they would not be needed, they actually cried ... and we cried with them. This is a shame."

Mrs. Swope said employment agencies throughout Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi faced similar problems, when thousands of men from Mexico and several Central and South American countries -- many in crowded buses and trucks -- came into the three states after Katrina, looking for employment and willing to work for less money.

The number of foreign workers who flooded the area after the hurricane has been estimated at more than 30,000. Many of them have been identified by law-enforcement authorities and others as illegal aliens.

The Gulf Coast Latin American Association noted in a report that whether those workers will remain after the cleanup work is completed is not clear, but the longer those jobs last, the more likely it is that the workers will settle permanently. After Hurricane Andrew hit southeastern Florida in 1992, the association said, the construction boom attracted large numbers of Hispanic immigrants to several areas, including Homestead, Fla., where the Latino population doubled during the 1990s.

Many of the illegal aliens came into the Gulf Coast states not only from south of the border but also from California, Arizona and Texas, responding to the demand for workers. U.S. Border Patrol officials in the three states have reported an increase in the number of illegals apprehended.

Some of the migrants who did get jobs in the Gulf states also were mistreated, records show. Two class-action lawsuits are pending in federal court in New Orleans in which thousands of migrant workers said they never were paid, although many worked 12-hour shifts, seven days a week and were required to remove toxic contamination from hurricane-ravaged buildings.

Some of the named companies were working on contracts from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and other government agencies.

Government estimates put at 400,000 the number of jobs lost in the Gulf region as a result of Katrina, which displaced more than 1.5 million people, and many of those workers left the area to seek employment elsewhere because available construction, laborer and cleanup jobs in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi had been filled by foreign workers, including illegal aliens.

President Bush last week signed the Katrina Emergency Assistance Act of 2006, which extended for 13 weeks unemployment compensation benefits to more than 140,000 residents of the Gulf states who were displaced from their jobs by Katrina. Their benefits, funded by FEMA, had expired March 4.

Would-be employers in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi, awash in cleanup and reconstruction jobs, faced little in the way of legal problems in hiring the illegal aliens after Katrina because the Department of Homeland Security temporarily suspended the sanctioning of employers who hired workers unable to document their citizenship.

Mr. Bush also had suspended the Davis-Bacon Act, which requires local contractors to pay "prevailing" wages, in the areas hit by Katrina to encourage reconstruction and cleanup.

"The men we sent to jobs in Alabama were local fellows looking for work, men who needed jobs," Mrs. Swope said. "After driving 50 miles to the work sites where they had been promised $10 an hour, they discovered the employers had found substitutes who were willing to work for less."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Illegals are taking the jobs of American Youth

You are so right.

The jobs that traditionally went to high school and college students, have been taken by illegals. American young adults can’t get a first time, low wage job because some Mexican is taking up two or three jobs. What effect is that having on the work ethic of our youth? How long are they going to have to live off of mom and dad? That same guy that is taking their job is lowering the American wage standard. He doesn’t expect insurance, benefits or a cost of living wage. He’s really helping us all out. He’s also taking every labor job that Americans will work. They are pushing us out of work. That is bull that American’s wont work jobs Mexicans will. We were doing them before they came along and we will do them when they are deported. Give us our jobs back. Food service, construction, maintenance, trucking,… All of these industries are overwhelmed with illegals. Ask and independent trucker how they will run you out of business and drive substandard trucks. We want out jobs back, our living wage standards, our benefits… Get rid of them!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That ticks me off because I've heard on various channels that the dream of putting New Orleans back to the great place it was a far cry from what they're really doing. How can the people that lived there go back when they're taking the jobs?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Where's the outrage in the black community on this? This is how the illegals demonstrate their so-called alliance with their minority pals?!! They swooped in and displaced American workers who had probably already suffered and lost enough from the hurricane, but yet the illegals come in an work for less--poof no more American jobs. Every time one of these idiot talking heads on tv says "jobs Americans won't do" we should have this article and these people refuting them. EVERY TIME!!!!
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

looks like everybody was posting this article -- I deleted the one I posted first thing this morning.

I told y'all help was on the way that would give Senator Jeff Sessions more ammunition

I'm going to print this article and give it to some of the black community. . .
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

The purpose of US immigration

The purpose of US immigration policy is not to supply cheapskate lawbreaking scumbag employers with an endless supply of "cheap" labor so they can avoid the legal costs of doing business everyone else has to comply with or maximize their profits at the expense of our public safety and national security. US immigration was designed to add new citizens to this country who will contribute to the collective whole as assimilated citizens and be literate, productive citizens with usable skills who are disease free, will not pose a burden to the social welfare structure of the United States, who will come from a wide diverse spectrum of global civilizations, not just from a singular source, and have no criminal history. Everything about current corrupt and failed immigration policy is the direct opposite of this purpose and intent.

Hi,

I'm new here, but I WITNESSED this. I can't begin to tell you how incredibly disgusted I was. I was a rescue worker in the region for several months.

Not only were illegals working ALL OVER Louisiana, they were also staying in the same FEMA tent community that I was. I'd seen them working ALL OVER the place. They were working at schools, Walgreens, etc.

They slept, ate, and got their laundry done at Camp Premiere in St. Bernard Parish for FREE, on AMERICAN TAXPAYER dollars! ICE was there, but when I voiced my displeasure with this, I was told that ICE was not responsible for "alien enforcement!"

Word spread fast, and soon there were well over 1,000 people showing up for dinner alone. MANY of them were Latino. They were NOT residents.

One night as I stood in the (LONG) line waiting for dinner, I was simply fed up. 4 people cut in line in front of me. I suspected they were aliens.
    I simply said hey! "tu tiene papel verde? (Do you have a green card?) and they all looked at me...and RAN out of the chow tent!

I saw grown AMERICAN men crying themselves to sleep because they couldn't find a job after losing everything they owned. I saw AMERICANS unable to find a cot to sleep on because they were filled with illegals. They ran out of blankets and sheets. It was COLD!

The aliens didn't care that they were causing crowding in EMERGENCY housing meant for displaced residents and disaster relief volunteers, they only cared about themselves! And, they were getting PAID!

thank you and God Bless you!!

p.s., check private message
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Linda Swope interview on the John and Ken Show yesterday.

http://www.johnandkenshow.com/audio/files/swope.wmx
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast