Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Baby girl born amid the migrant caravan now in intensive care

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Baby girl born amid the migrant caravan now in intensive care

Baby girl born amid the migrant caravan now in intensive care

12:41, UK, Thursday 22 November 2018
    Stuart Ramsay met 51-day-old Juana and her parents three days ago, before her condition worsened.

By Stuart Ramsay, chief correspondent in Tijuana, Mexico

All you can hear above the sound of oxygen machines pumping and the bleep of monitors in the baby ward of Tijuana's main hospital is the hacking cough of a mother staring at her desperately ill baby daughter.

Juana is only 51 days old. She is part of the migrant caravan hoping to get to the United States, but she can't move anywhere now.

I met Juana and her mum and dad three days ago in the camp. She has gone from having a light cough to intensive care.

Image: Baby Juana has developed a respiratory illness

Image: Juan and Orlinda's daughter was born on the migrant caravan after they fled gangs in El Salvador
    Her mother, Orlinda, is sleeping on the floor of the ward now as she cares for her baby. She is relieved that the family have made it to Tijuana after a trek of more than a thousand miles and is getting proper hospital attention.

She is confident her baby's condition will stabilise.

Her father, Juan, took pictures of Juana for Sky News as we were not allowed onto the ward for the security of all the children being cared for.

Video: Conditions in migrant camp deteriorating rapidly

These are dreadfully worrying times for the family as they have no idea if they will be given asylum in the United States but cannot return to El Salvador or stay in Mexico because members of the gang MS13 want to kill them.
    Orlinda's evidence sent her gangster brother to jail for life after he murdered two people.

I joined Juan in the camp as he retrieved a few essential items from their tent, which was pitched in a baseball field, ahead of the night in hospital.

"She will be okay," he told me as we tiptoed over the sleeping bodies of hundreds of migrants.
    Looking around the camp I asked if people would stay put and wait for the asylum process to conclude or up-sticks and try to cross the border illegally.

Image: A number of the migrants headed to America are children

Image: Conditions in the camp are suffering as crowds build

"They are already doing that. There is less food each day. People are just moving on," he said.
    Conditions in the camp over the last day or so have certainly deteriorated significantly.
    There has been another influx of migrants. It smells pretty awful. All the facilities, in what is little more than a small municipal sports centre, have been overwhelmed.

The queue for food doled out by the Mexican marine corps stretches around the camp and the authorities estimate ten thousand people will be here soon.

By the standards of many refugee camps I have seen around the world, it is not that bad. But it will get worse and it is likely people will take matters into their own hands and attempt to jump the fence.

Half the migrants heading north are children. They are camping with thousands of adults; you can hear coughing everywhere you go and they are outside in very cold weather.

Image: The migrants have walked an enormous distance

Doctors working in the camp are warning that this situation could become very serious and very soon.

"Potentially we've got a real humanitarian crisis brewing here because they've been marching and walking a very long ways, but they've come to the end of that road so now we're in a situation that can be very overcrowded and so public health issues come into concern," said Dr Allen Keller, a New York doctor volunteering to work at the camp.

"I really think there needs to be NGOs and international organisations, like the UNHCR, or whoever, who come and take over.

"I've been seeing a lot of people, not surprisingly, with upper respiratory infections which happens when they're in enclosed quarters.

"So the journey is tough but they got a lot of fresh air, and I think now they are in tight quarters that's when it can get scary," he added.

Nobody is sure what is going to happen next but the US asylum system is going to be really stretched by the caravan and more are coming.

https://news.sky.com/story/baby-girl...-care-11559931
    Last edited by stoptheinvaders; 11-23-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

So she did not make it to drop anchor in USA.

Will she now be on birth control or have SIX more they cannot feed?

Mexico offered them asylum and jobs.

STAY IN MEXICO OR GO HOME!

LOAD THEM ON BUSES BACK HOME.

SEND UN AND NATO TROOPS TO THEIR COUNTRY TO SOLVE THEIR PROBLEMS!

DO NOT LET THEM IN!

WE HAVE MS-13 THAT ARE KILLING IS TOO! YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL!

GO DEMAND YOUR PRESIDENT ROUND UP GANGS AND PUT THEM IN PRISON!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

You disgusting people need to go home and take your irresponsible sickening ways with you. Good luck Mexico! You've got a real mess on your hands now. Maybe now you understand why so many Americans feel the way we do about illegal immigration and excess immigration of all types. I sure hope you learn some lessons from this, I really do. You stop them at your southern border or we'll stop them at ours leaving you stuck with them.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

OVERBREEDING IN POVERTY IS NOT ASYLUM

WORK IN MEXICO OR GO HOME!

WE DO NOT WANT THEM!

BIRTH CONTROL IS CHEAP THERE...GET ON IT!

truly sad; but I see no concern for white and black babies being ripped to shreds and aborted at Planned Parenthood in America
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We have babies living in poverty and crime in OUR inner cities.

Too bad, go home!

We need Global Population Control, education and a path out of poverty. Not have more mouths you cannot feed and expect everybody else to foot the bill for your romp in the sack. It is disgusting!

Free vasectomies, tubal ligations, birth control. Family PLANNING...not destruction of the family and your own children putting them in poverty with no future. This is irresponsible and sick!