Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bank Offers American Dream To Illegal Immigrants

Bank Offers American Dream To Illegal Immigrants
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/kgtv/20060124/l ... NlYwN0bWE-

Tue Jan 24, 12:27 AM ET

It's the American dream -- buying a home for your family. And now you don't have to be in the country legally to own one.

Wells Fargo is first major California lender to offer home loans to illegal immigrants, 10News reported.

"We're not required to ask the immigration status of any of our customers. That is the responsibility of the federal government," Wells Fargo bank representative Jerry Ruiz said.

The program is called "Celebrate Home" and Wells Fargo says it complies with all federal regulations, 10News reported.

Applicants do need a tax identification number issued by the Internal Revenue Service for people who do not have Social Security numbers.

Ruiz said the program is targeted to Wells Fargo customers who have been an account holder for at least six months and who can show proof of residency for two years in the United States -- along with proof that they have filed and reported income taxes using an individual taxpayer identification number.

There are an estimated 10 to 12 million illegal workers in the United States.

Critics say even though the program is legal, it sends the wrong message.

"Any time you have a bank institution lending money to help people buy homes when they're not even allowed to be in the country, it is something that runs contrary to the law. It aids and abets people who are breaking the law," said Ira Melman of the Federation of Immigration Reform.

A bill is being introduced in Congress that would make it illegal to issue loans to illegal immigrants, according to 10News.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

I, a US citizen can't get a loan

"Ruiz said the program is targeted to Wells Fargo customers who have been an account holder for at least six months and who can show proof of residency for two years in the United States "

Interesting, I am a US citizen, born and bred in Los Angeles, Ca. I have lived abroad for the past 10 years of my life.

According to Ruiz, I couldn't get a mortgage because I haven't lived in the US for the past two years...but an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT CAN!!!

So, if I come back to the States to buy a house and have a life here, I'm screwed...and the ILLEGAL gets a mortgage!