Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Barbour Faces Questions On KKK license Plate, Amnesty:

Tue Feb 15, 1:51 pm ET

Haley Barbour faces questions on KKK license plate, amnesty:

By Rachel Rose Hartman

Even before Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour announces whether he intends to run for president, he's facing a run of press scandals just like most confirmed candidates endure on the campaign trail. First there was the flap over the Mississippi-approved vanity license plate heralding a leader of the Ku Klux Klan--and now comes a report that Barbour, in his earlier career as a D.C. power lobbyist, represented the Mexican government in a push to render U.S. immigration law more accommodating to Mexican residents who had entered the country illegally.

On Monday, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) called for Barbour to condemn a proposed state license plate honoring honoring Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, a Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard. As of mid-morning Tuesday, Barbour had not yet issued a public statement on the proposal, which is being pushed by the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

This controversy comes alongside a Time magazine report that Barbour and the lobbying shop he co-founded--BGR Group--were hired by Mexico in 2001 to work on legislation offering "a path to citizenship for foreigners living illegally in the United States—what opponents of immigration reform call 'amnesty,' " wrote Time's Michael Scherer.

Last night, Barbour issued a statement denying he supported amnesty--though neither he nor his firm denied working on the specific immigration provision outlined in the Time report.

These new controversies add to the potential challenges Barbour faces as a presidential candidate in 2012.

Barbour has had to answer repeated questions about his past as a lobbyist--while also addressing the fallout from remarks he'd made to the Weekly Standard about the benign character of life in civil-rights era Mississippi.

Just this past weekend, Barbour appeared on Fox News Sunday and defended himself on both fronts.

He argued that the president essentially is a lobbyist and must "sell what's good for America to others in the world as well as to America," so Barbour's lobbying history will be an asset. And in revisiting his earlier appraisal of the civil-rights era as "not that bad" in Mississippi, Barbour reiterated it was truthful to his own youthful experience: "I was asked about my childhood and I had a great childhood," Barbour said.

(Photo of Barbour: Rogelio V. Solis/AP)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket ... te-amnesty
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Wake Up RNC! It was Haley Barbour pushing to replace Michael Steele for "fund-raising" matters. You made a huge mistake. Now tell Haley, we Republicans don't want another amnesty-lobbying pro-illegal immigration turd brain in the White House, not on our dimes, not on our watch. Period. If a candidate has so much as hinted "we're a nation of immigrants", or wailed "illegal aliens are just coming here for a better lfe", or cried "we can't just deport 11 million people", that candidate will not win the general election with Republican votes. Period.

We are not a nation of immigrants. We're a nation of explorers, settlers, developers and warriors and don't you ever forget it.

Illegal aliens are not coming here for a better life. They're coming here to steal your life.

Of course we can deport 11 million illegal aliens. We've arrested over 31 million Americans on non-violent drug charges, so we sure as hell can arrest and deport 11 million illegal aliens. And that's exacty what we're going to do.

This gig is up, the party is over. Republicans will not rest until every single illegal alien is out of our country with their families intact, no child or parent left behind.

So don't you even think about shoving some amnesty pig down our throats in the Republican primary. If you do, you will fail, and do so epically.

I'm a life-time Republican from a family of Republicans who have been Republicans since there were Republicans. So, if you don't already know from history what determined Real Republicans are capable of, then you're sure as hell about to find out.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This controversy comes alongside a Time magazine report that Barbour and the lobbying shop he co-founded--BGR Group--were hired by Mexico in 2001 to work on legislation offering "a path to citizenship for foreigners living illegally in the United States—what opponents of immigration reform call 'amnesty,' " wrote Time's Michael Scherer.
    All criminals need to be behind steel bars, and throw away the key, so they will not harm or cause conflictions for innocent people anymore.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Judy,

I hate to tell you this but every Republican candidate hopeful is for a "pathway to citizenship" better known as amnesty. I looked it up.

jd

Quote Originally Posted by jd421
    Judy,

I hate to tell you this but every Republican candidate hopeful is for a "pathway to citizenship" better known as amnesty. I looked it up.

jd
    There is plenty of time for someone else to emerge.