Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BECK. CRUZ. AND THE TEDDY BEARS.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BECK. CRUZ. AND THE TEDDY BEARS.

BECK. CRUZ. AND THE TEDDY BEARS.

BY DML | 24 COMMENTS
    ON JUL 19, 2014

Lets begin with a few facts:

1) 92,000,000 Americans are out of the workforce.

2) 50,000,000 American are on welfare.

3) The cost of illegal immigration is well over 100,000,000,000.00 per year (and that’s 2010 estimates).

4) Of the nearly 500,000 illegal aliens who have been apprehended at the border in fiscal year 2014, a mere 15% have been unaccompanied children. The rest have been families units (minimum of one adult and one child).

5) Most family units have been released into the general public with no health screening.

6) Most illegal aliens who are apprehended make the same claim, “I flee from my country because I fear for my life.” Border agents tell me once the investigation goes a bit longer, the truth is revealed: The illegal aliens come here because they WERE TOLD America is offering amnesty.

7) Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) data show that 65 percent of unaccompanied alien minors’ asylum applications were immediately approved by asylum officers in Fiscal Year 2014, according to a press release from the House Judiciary Committee. And most unapproved cases are later approved by an immigration judge. This means that the vast majority of aliens who seek asylum are now successful in their claims despite the fact that an internal Department of Homeland Security report says that 70 percent of asylum cases contain proven or possible fraud.

8.American children represent a disproportionate share of the poor in the United States; they are 24 percent of the total population, but 36 percent of the poor population. In 2010, 16.4 million children, or 22.0 percent, were poor.
    ——
    I could go on for miles with facts and bullet points but I’ll stop. Instead, I’ll provide just a few reasons why it’s a bad idea for Glenn Beck and Sen Ted Cruz to go to the border and hand out Teddy Bears, soccer balls and supplies to families who are crossing the border illegally...

As a man who makes his living with a camera, it may sound somewhat hypocritical for me to punish others for taking full advantage of a “photo opp”, but so be it — I can’t get past the photo opp that clearly exists for both men. Unfortunately, the photo opp is one you and I will pay for long-term. I should also note, I have never seen Cruz or Beck together in a photo opp to help poor children in the ghettos of America.

A media mogul like Beck can pull cameras into almost any direction. A media darling like Cruz can do the same. So my question is why not start here at home? Why not make a splash in Detroit, Chicago or Baltimore? I’m sure there are some poor areas in Texas, start there why don’t they? Why pull cameras away from the humanitarian crisis taking place in American cities? Why place the focus on a small percentage of kids who cross the border alone?

We move on…

The trip from Central America to the U.S. is no easy task. It’s a long and dangerous journey that includes paying thousands of dollars to human smugglers who are connected to drug cartels. At the end of the journey is a 100-yard swim across the Rio Grande. If you can make it across you are home free. It happens every day by the thousands.

Even without Cruz and Beck, the tsunami of illegal aliens coming across the border is going to continue to continue. Why? Because the laws that are currently in place allow these people to remain in the U.S. (see #7 above). Changing the law isn’t going to happen anytime soon, and folks like Sen Cruz know this to be true. Ted knows there is no possible way the Democrat-heavy Senate will ever pass a bill which stops the flow from coming, and even worse, they’ll never agree to send the illegal aliens home.

So what becomes of these people? Well, they move into your community. They go to your schools. They take your jobs and they draw upon your services. You are expected to grin, bear it, and then pay for it. If you don’t, then you are a racist. You are a cold-hearted conservative who hates people from Latin America. It’s such a weak argument but one that seems to stick because the media plays it like a grand piano. No doubt, this is one reason why Sen Cruz is in south Texas with Glenn Beck. With 2016 not so far away, Cruz wants to show his compassionate side — perhaps this will draw a few Latino votes? No doubt Ted is a nice guy, and I am sure there is a good feeling that comes with helping out, but seriously, did they really need Ted for his set of hands? Is there not an American citizen in Texas who could use a meal or a Teddy Bear from Ted?

I don’t know this for certain, and I apologize if I am incorrect, but I’m going to guess neither Glenn Beck or Ted Cruz sends their children to public school. If I am correct, they don’t deal with the same sort of thing you do, or I do. Just this week, my wife and I were told a 20-year-old man from Central America who doesn’t speak an ounce of English will be attending our high school. I have two children in the high school, I don’t like the idea, nor the cost. Our school district is flooded with kids who can’t speak English — they cost up to 50% more to educate. Two years ago we received 40 new kids from south of the border. Last year it was 70. Come September it will be hundreds. Thus, something has to give because we need more bi-lingual teachers. We need more desks, more rooms, more chairs. Odds are the money will come from the sports programs my children enjoy.

The illegal alien children and families will remain here in the U.S. until a president has the guts to send them home. Until that day arrives, Americans are forced to deal with the issue. The health care system, the welfare system, roadways, schools, jobs, crime… it all adds up. None of it is good. All of it is avoidable.

So why am I so upset with Beck and Cruz? Before I answer, let it be known I like Beck. He’s an amazing entrepreneur and bears a huge heart. Cruz is another good person. He is filled with talent, fire and guts. That said, I love the idea of helping people, but I say lets help Americans. Lets start with the poor children who don’t have toys, who rarely eat hot meals, who don’t have thousands of dollars available to pay a human smuggler. I say lets help Americans achieve the American dream before we help illegal aliens do the same. But who am I to say where Beck spends his money and Cruz spends his time? It’s not for me to decide. But as an American citizen, I can share my displeasure when it comes to how their activity hurts my family, and how it hurts my country.

Although I do not believe it is Beck’s intent to send a false narrative, the entire event sends a tainted impression. Yes, they are offering toys which are not available when crossing the border but as far as the food and drinks go — both are provided to the illegal aliens soon after they arrive in the U.S. The Border Patrol takes decent care of these people — I have seen it first hand. And so the idea that Beck and company are providing the basics that are otherwise not provided is just simply untrue.

biggest issue with Beck and Cruz is the message they send. I want you to imagine the following scene…

A group of illegal aliens cross the border. Standing in front of them are Glenn Beck and Senator Ted Cruz. Beck reaches out his hands — they are holding a soccer ball. He hands it to a young boy. Then there is Cruz. One hand is empty — he will shake hands with a young girl before he hands her a cute and cuddly Teddy Bear. Watching all of it unfold is Mommy. With a huge smile she says, “Gracias”, and then she rips out her smart phone and snaps a photo.

Hours later Mommy sends a text message to her female cousin in Central America. The cousin has been on the fence about taking her two kids on the long and dangerous trip to America. The text message includes the photo of Mommy’s two kids holding toys with Beck and Cruz. The message itself reads, “At the border of America where they give free food and gifts.” Guess who just packed three bags for America?

Now fast forward 20 years. Mommy and her cousin are living in America with their kids. All four of the kids have received in-state tuition at a great American university. Meanwhile, your kid went to the same school but paid full price. Eventually, all five graduates will apply for the same job. Your kid’s chance of being hired is a lame 20% because the U.S. government doesn’t protect our borders. What hurts more is the idea that had Beck and Cruz not handed out the wrong message, the odds for your kid would have been 33%. How long until your little Johnny ends up on the welfare line? Will he ever pay off that student loan?

Free Teddy Bears and soccer balls never cost you so much. But hey, the story could be worse. Your kid could be the victim in a story where the Teddy Bear recipient grows up to be a gang member. Now that story is a killer; it’s a story that happens all too often.

Read more at http://www.dmldaily.com/beck-cruz-an...m0IPpslW5e6.99

Everyone wants to get on the media band wagon as to who is the most compassionate, the media has conservatives on the run while kicking the American citizen working person to the curb. I urge these folks to read history and understand the direction we're taking, it's not good.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

This is worse than not good, it is suicide for American citizens.

Do I need more evidence of conservatives loyal American feelings? I think not! It HAS BEEN EVIDENT since 1986!

Ted Cruz Joins Glenn Beck for 'Soccer Balls and Teddy Bears' Event; Mike Lee Drops Out
    by TONY LEE

18 Jul 2014
    Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) will join Glenn Beck this weekend at the U.S.-Mexico border on what Beck describes as a humanitarian mission. The Tea Party Senator will join the radio talk show host and his followers in his effort to bring soccer balls and teddy bears to illegal immigrant children. Cruz, who told Breitbart News that the event is a statement against President Barack Obama’s non-enforcement of immigration laws, said he will be doling out medical supplies.

A Cruz spokesperson announced to The Blaze Thursday that Cruz would be “glad to join Glenn Beck” in McAllen, Texas to “provide some relief from the suffering this administration is causing.”

Cruz’s spokesperson, Catherine Frazier, reiterated to Breitbart News that “from day one, Sen. Cruz has been leading the charge to stop President Obama’s lawlessness, which is the direct cause of this humanitarian crisis.” She said Cruz argues that, at the same time, “these young children are very real victims of the President’s promise of amnesty–because of it, they have been subjected to horrific physical and sexual abuse from international drug cartels smuggling them into the country.”

“Private charities and churches are stepping up to provide food, medicine, and toys for these young children, which is a compassionate response that embodies American values,” she continued. “But the most compassionate response–which Senator Cruz is leading the fight to accomplish–is to end the President’s amnesty and to humanely and expeditiously reunite these children with their families back home.”

Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)
    dropped out of the trip, saying a scheduling conflict prevented him from attending. Sources close to Sen. Lee confirmed to Breitbart News that Lee would not be attending Beck’s event.Beck, who announced that Lee would be present, apologized to the senator on his radio show Thursday for trumpeting his appearance before their schedules were set. Lee did say that religious organizations and charities can often help children in need better and more effectively than the federal government.

This week on Fox News’ The Kelly File, Beck responded to Breitbart News Senior Editor-at-Large John Nolte’s criticism of Beck’s initial announcement in which Beck gave the mainstream media license to mock those who disagreed with his efforts as un-Christian. Beck said even if his actions entice more parents in Central America to send their children on the harrowing and sometimes deadly journey to America, it was never his “intent” to do so.

As Breitbart News noted, “Beck did acknowledge that not everyone who is unlawfully entering the country, though, is an innocent child,” and “said he did not mean to say that conservatives who oppose his efforts are not compassionate or good-hearted.”

Beck has delivered a monologue subtitled in Spanish urging parents not to send their kids to America and demanded that the children be sent back home. He said it was his hope that the illegal immigrant children ultimately return to their countries and think the Americans they met were “amazing.” Beck hoped that the children would decide to make something of themselves in their home countries and try to come to America the right way in the future.

Last week, Breitbart’s Nolte wrote that “Beck’s desire to help kids caught in a geopolitical crossfire through no fault of their own is laudable” and, “We all want to help.”

“I’ve yet to hear anyone argue that it’s wrong to use American taxpayer dollars to feed, house, and offer medical care to these children. No one opposes that,” Nolte continued. “But for Beck (and the media currently using him to club conservatives) to pretend there isn’t a compassionate argument to be made against what Beck’s doing is simply wrong, unfair, and a bit sanctimonious.”

Nolte emphasized that “the truly compassionate thing to do is to ensure you’re not doing anything that might encourage more parents to send their unaccompanied children on that harrowing trek” and “it is not insane, unreasonable, or lacking in compassion to argue that news of a major American media figure greeting children at the border with toys could be used by the drug smugglers and human traffickers already exploiting these kids as a way to recruit more.”

On Wednesday evening, Cruz’s staff initially leaked that he wanted to push for a repeal of DACA in any bill that gives more funding to Obama to deal with the border crisis. The next day, Cruz and his staff said the Senator would introduce legislation to prevent Obama from granting temporary amnesty going forward, but it would not be “retrospective” and take away temporary amnesty from the nearly 560,000 DREAMers who have received it since 2012.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...s-teddy-bears/

Ted Cruz Visits Texas Border To Welcome Illegal Alien Families…

Posted on January 17, 2016
    by sundance

The headline reflects the moment my previous support for Ted Cruz (2011/2012), which evolved to concern about Senator Ted Cruz (2013/2014), turned to admitting Ted Cruz was a phoney.

The date was Saturday, July 19th, 2014 – I remember it vividly because I noted in my journal “last straw in providing Cruz any benefit of doubt – done“.

The week leading up to that weekend DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson appeared before an emergency congressional committee and stated he needed $4,000,000,000 (billion) in emergency appropriations to deal with the enormous “humanitarian crisis at the border“.

We knew that claim was fake because we had been tracking border apprehension reports and comparing them to the expressed narrative from the White House.

There wasn’t a mass influx of unaccompanied alien children (UAC’s), there was a predictable and intentionally constructed swarm of illegal alien “families“.

Secretary Johnson never got the $4 billion
    ; and the “humanitarian crisis” mysteriously disappeared from the headlines. The reason, simply because it was all manufactured. They spent hundreds of millions for nothing.

We knew that. Heck, (40,000 children just mysteriously disappeared) and certainly the intelligent Senator Ted Cruz, with far more exhaustive resources at his disposal, certainly knew that. Yet he participated in the ruse anyway.

We knew why Glenn Beck was doing it – like Jeh Johnson, it was all about the Benjamins; and the religious entities who make millions annually from taxpayer funding of illegal immigrants were in full support for the same reason.

Beck and Cruz were passing out Teddy Bears and Soccer Balls, while Catholic Charities and Baptist Child and Family Services were getting millions. The inner-city American kids? Well, nothing for them…. not even a word from Jeh. But, oh yeah, Black Lives Matter, right? I digress.

All of this is well documented in the links above. It’s all there for those who have eyes to see and a capability of being intellectually honest.

This was the proverbial last straw on the Cruz support wagon, amid a myriad of other straws placed in the prior year:

One awakening story here – Another awakening story here.

Senator Ted Cruz took office in January of 2013. January through September of 2013 Cruz campaigned against Obamacare even forcing a government shutdown over the funding for it. It appeared he was doing the right thing – for the right reasons. However, he was getting massive intense backlash for a junior senator with only a few months on the job – soon the pressure became too much, he was islolated, ridiculed and marginalized into defeat. He collapsed – retreated and made a decision.
    In October of 2013 Cruz made a strategic decision to get his political life kick-started and try to regain credibility and influence. To achieve this he partnered with the very political machine he previously opposed, including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and then Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

McConnell directed Cruz to join the NRSC.

Through 2014 Cruz participated as Vice-Chair inside the NRSC as part of that alignment with the DC machine.
    However, the DC machine was working on a very specific set of objectives which, while noted at the time, were not fully understood. They only became most visible as time provided a historical analysis.

Two great outlines of what was going on are available HERE PART 1 -and- HERE PART 2.If you haven’t read those outlines, you will be lost moving forward.

While those corrupt machinations were going on, Senator Ted Cruz remained part of their overall program – working earnestly to assist the NRSC and simultaneously refusing to assist any political entity who was not in alignment with the overall objectives. In short, he sold his soul to McConnell Inc. around Christmas 2013.

AFTER, the scheme became toxicly visible -thanks to the Mississippi primary election of Thad Cochran/Chris McDaniel- Senator Cruz was at risk of losing all of his conservative bona-fides.

In June/July of 2014 he made another strategic decision to ‘optically separate’ himself from the McConnell led crew and the fiasco that was exploding inside the Mississippi election and the relationship to the NRSC and GOPe apparatus. It was a political decision, not based on principle but rather based entirely on saving his own political life.

Cruz needed, found and executed a political stunt to provide him cover as he retreated – He also enamored himself with radio host Mark Levin.

At the same time, in order to control his exposure, Cruz joined forces with Glenn Beck around the summers’ “Humanitarian Crisis” and Unaccompanied Alien Children; all in June/July/August 2014.Distractions.

However, even though he publicly separated himself from McConnell Inc., Cruz carried the same objectives of the overall 2013 plan forward. He did so behind the scenes, quietly invisible to all those not paying specific attention, so it would not draw as much notice.

You’ll note Senator Ted Cruz never once campaigned for a conservative challenger to an incumbent in the 2014 mid-term campaign races – nor did he ever discuss the absence of a federal budget now the republicans were in control of both the House and the Senate.

While publicly railing against what he called the DC Cartel, a group he was bound to assist from his prior pledge to them, he worked to deliver their goals nonetheless.

This was ultimately evident in: ♦ Comprehensive Immigration reform and amnesty ♦ The Iran Deal (Corker-Cardin Amendment) he supported, and later in ♦ The TPA construct, which became votes, to insure TPP passage on behalf of the original team he pledged support to in 2013.

In each case candidate Cruz now attempts to distance his own culpability and ownership within it. However, he is only able to distract people (“GASLIGHTING”) to the extent that voters were not engaged in following the day-by-day scheme(s) as they unfolded.

In essence, Cruz is able to fool people in 2015 using the same approach he used in 2012 to get elected. To insure that deception he adds an element of cult-like affiliation via religionand now various psychological targeting.

To give you an idea how that manipulative intent reveals itself – here’s a video of senate candidate Cruz prior to becoming elected. Pay attention to the explanation(s); because since 2012 you’ve heard this same set of explanations used again on various points:

• 2012 Heidi Cruz joined Council on Foreign Relations to change it.
    • 2013 Cruz joined National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee to change it.
    • 2012 Cruz: I am the only candidate to stand up to….
    • 2015 Cruz: I am the only candidate who has stood up to…..

Always avoiding the natural follow-up, “but what have you accomplished”?
    Accomplishments including:

“The Most Consistent Conservative”? Merely a ridiculous talking point.
    All recent examples.

♦ Ted Cruz was for South American Refugees (2014 – link) “Soccer Ball and Teddy Bear Delivery” before he was against SA/Mexican refugees and promoting a border wall (2015) – He cannot square that factual circle ~ Research Outline
    Ted Cruz was for Trade Promotion Authority (2015 – link), before he was against Trade Promotion Authority (2015) – He cannot square that factual circle. ~ Research Outline
    Ted Cruz was for Taking More Syrian Refugees (2014 – link), specifically dismissing the threat of terror embeds, before he was against taking Syrian Refugees (2015 – link) – He cannot square that factual circle. ~ Research Outline
    Ted Cruz was against Ethanol Subsidies (2013 – link), before he was for Ethanol Subsidies (2016 – link) – He cannot square that factual circle. ~ Research Outline
    Ted Cruz was for Anchor Baby Birthright Citizenship (2011 – link), before he was against “birthright citizenship” (2015 – link) – He cannot square that factual circle. ~Research Outline
    Ted Cruz was for the Iran Deal “Corker Cardin Amendment” (2015 – link), before he was against the Iran Deal (2015 – link) – He cannot square that factual circle. ~Research Outline
    Ted Cruz was for Mitch McConnell (2014 – link), before he was against Mitch McConnell (2014 link) – He cannot square that factual circle. ~ Research outline
    Ted Cruz was against Chris McDaniel (2014 – link), before he was for Chris McDaniel (2015) – He cannot square that factual circle – Research outline
    Ted Cruz campaign head admits the need to use psychological operations, religion and manipulation to convince voters to support Ted Cruz. – READ HERE

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...lien-families/

Cruz is a liar when he says he's against illegal immigration and always has been.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke