Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Biden: Immigration Reform 'The Christian Thing to Do'

by Debra Heine 20 Jun 2013, 2:38 PM PDT
    breitbart.com

Speaking at the National Hispanic Prayer Breakfast Thursday, Vice President and self styled theologian Joe Biden suggested that Republicans who profess to be Christians are hypocrites because they oppose comprehensive immigration reform that does not secure the border.

Biden (a pro-abortion Catholic) said, “Many of these same [GOP] representatives talk about their Christianity and their fidelity to the Bible, but they forget Matthew Chapter 25, Verse 34, where scripture teaches us: ‘I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty — you gave me drink. I was a stranger, and you welcomed me.’”

Biden later added, “It’s the right thing to do; it’s the Christian thing to do. But it’s also an incredibly practical thing to do.”

Since Biden considers himself somewhat of an arbiter of what Christians should and shouldn't do, I wonder what he would say about Nancy Pelosi’s comments characterizing late-term abortions as “sacred ground”, which has has drawn fire from a national organization of Catholic priests active in pro-life work.

In an open letter to Pelosi, Priests for Life says her comments make a “mockery of the Catholic faith.”

“With this statement, you make a mockery of the Catholic faith and of the tens of millions of Americans who consider themselves “practicing and respectful Catholics” and who find the killing of children — whether inside or outside the womb — reprehensible,” the letter says.

“You speak here of Catholic faith as if it is supposed to hide us from reality instead of lead us to face reality, as if it is supposed to confuse basic moral truths instead of clarify them, and as if it is supposed to help us escape the hard moral questions of life rather than help us confront them,” Father Frank Pavone continues in the letter. “Whatever Catholic faith you claim to respect and practice, it is not the faith that the Catholic Church teaches. And I speak for countless Catholics when I say that it’s time for you to stop speaking as if it were.”

“Abortion is not sacred ground; it is sacrilegious ground. To imagine God giving the slightest approval to an act that dismembers a child he created is offensive to both faith and reason,” the letter adds. “And to say that a question about the difference between a legal medical procedure and murder should not “have anything to do with politics” reveals a profound failure to understand your own political responsibilities, which start with the duty to secure the God-given right to life of every citizen.”

The letter from Pavone concludes: “Mrs. Pelosi, for decades you have gotten away with betraying and misrepresenting the Catholic faith as well as the responsibilities of public office. We have had enough of it. Either exercise your duties as a public servant and a Catholic, or have the honesty to formally renounce them.”

Joe Biden of course agrees with Pelosi on abortion, so I guess he would say Father Pavone is not doing the "Christian thing" in confronting Pelosi, this way. He's doing the "judgmental thing", which as you know, is always bad.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2...an-Thing-To-Do
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Biden (a pro-abortion Catholic) said, “Many of these same [GOP] representatives talk about their Christianity and their fidelity to the Bible, but they forget Matthew Chapter 25, Verse 34, where scripture teaches us: ‘I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty — you gave me drink. I was a stranger, and you welcomed me.’”

So, we're supposed to welcome someone who blatantly breaks our laws, steals our jobs and way to provide for our own families? We're supposed to reward people who have no respect?

It costs money for stealing identities or having fraudulent papers. These people are not the poor starving folks that others make them out to be. Has anyone ever seen a starving illegal? Our poor people can't afford to leave their own backyard, never mind invade another country and pay for false documents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiara View Post
    "Biden (a pro-abortion Catholic) said, “Many of these same [GOP] representatives talk about their Christianity and their fidelity to the Bible, but they forget Matthew Chapter 25, Verse 34, where scripture teaches us: ‘I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty — you gave me drink. I was a stranger, and you welcomed me.’”

So, we're supposed to welcome someone who blatantly breaks our laws, steals our jobs and way to provide for our own families? We're supposed to reward people who have no respect?

It costs money for stealing identities or having fraudulent papers. These people are not the poor starving folks that others make them out to be. Has anyone ever seen a starving illegal? Our poor people can't afford to leave their own backyard, never mind invade another country and pay for false documents.

Kiara
    your 100% right I like Biden at all he is another obama

Quote Originally Posted by southBronx View Post
    Kiara
    your 100% right I like Biden at all he is another obama
    I don't like Biden at all they are all for the illegal immigrants & that true . I happy 7-11 is on the ball
    good for them some one doing the job right