Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Blacks, Hispanics, Poor Favor Immigration Crackdown

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/4/1/93816.shtml

With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff
    For the story behind the story...
    Saturday, April 1, 2006 9:37 a.m. EST

Blacks, Hispanics, Poor Favor Immigration Crackdown

Contrary to conventional wisdom, minorities and the poor overwhelmingly favor a get tough approach on illegal immigration - as they proved just two years ago by supporting Arizona's Proposition 200 in a landslide.

As the 2004 election approached, the immigration crackdown, which proposed denying state services to anyone who couldn't prove they were in the country legally, was decried by critics as "draconian" and "xenophobic."

The proposal was trashed by Arizona's business community. All the state's big newspapers came out against it. Governor Janet Napolitano, Sen. John McCain and Sen. Jon Kyl echoed their opposition. The Chamber of Commerce and the labor unions opposed Prop 200 as well.

Proponents of the measure were outspent by almost two to one in the final days of the campaign.

And yet Prop 200 passed by a landslide - 56 to 44 percent, with the measure garnering its strongest support from minorities and the poor.

Exit polls showed that 65 percent of blacks, Native Americans and Asians backed Prop 200. But they were pikers compared to the working poor.

Among those with family incomes of $15,000 or less, 72 percent wanted Arizona to use Prop 200 to crackdown on illegals.

What about Hispanic voters, who pundits repeatedly warn will punish illegal immigration foes in Washington by withdrawing their support?

Almost half of Arizona's Latino voters - 47 percent - cast their ballots for Prop 200.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If US Hispanics support ANTI-ILLEGAL efforts letsleverage it

If this is truly the case and i dont doubt it is then let us use this data to convince politicians it is in their best interests to get the black and hispanic vote to SUPPORT 'ILLEGALS OUT'. How can we do that??

We need to gather a set of key motivators for politicians siding with illegals to convince them what is in their interests while strongly supporying those who support us already with our vites and those of people we can convince to join our efforts

I dare say those in Congress who are pro-illegal immigration know the feelings of the vast majority of the country. We've been telling them loud and clear for a very long time.

They really don't care what we think. They've already got jobs as lobbyist lined up to begin in November.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I cite the Hispanic vote for AZ Prop. 200 on a regular basis to both politicians and reporters.

W

Also, remember, Proposition 187 was passed in Calif. by a landslide, just to be overturned in the courts.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Also, remember, Proposition 187 was passed in Calif. by a landslide, just to be overturned in the courts.
    One judge blocked it, the very next day after it passed if I remember correctly.

It was the State's obligation to defend the vote in court, but the state chose not to.

So we lost by the vote of a single judge, backed up by a state government that basically told the voters to go to hell.

"The seal of the great state of California is now stamped on the death certificate of Proposition 187," crowed Mark Rosenbaum, legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California."
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

CountFloyd,
    You may be right, I don't recall. All I know is that I could not believe what they had done: here the people had spoken loud and clear & our government had ignored our vote. And here I thought, this was a government “Of the people, by the people”
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt