Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bobby Rush Wants Amnesty for Elvira and 39 Others

I POST this because Rush was Terry Anderson's Horriblest Clown of the Week because of this. Terry's producer called some members of the black caucus to discuss the killings in Hawaiian Gardens.
    Mr. Rush's office told TA's producer that he never talks about immigration at any time. Yet TA reports on this bill being introduced

LOOK WHO'S NAME IS THE FIRST ONE SHOWING

H.R.2645

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

May 21, 2009

Mr. RUSH introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

A BILL

For the relief of Elvira Arellano, Juan Carlos Arreguin, Maria I. Benitez, Francisco J. Castro, Jaime Cruz, Martha Davalos, Maria A. Martin, Juan Jose Mesa, Domenico Papaianni, Juan Manuel Castellanos, Juan Jose Rangel Sr, Dayron S. Rios Arenas, Araceli Contreras-Del Toro, Doris Oneida Ulloa, Bladimir I. Caballero, Arnulfo Alfaro, Consuelo Castellanos, Eliseo Pulido, Gilberto Romero, Maria Liliana Rua-Saenz, Aurelia Martinez-Garcia, Tomas F. Martinez-Garcia, Flor Crisostomo, Gloria M. Alcantara, Roberto Barrera - lopez, Toribio Barrera-Vieyra, Carolina Carrillo de Uribe, Adan Rosales Del Valle, Marie Teresa Herenandez, Consualo Constella, Lucia Larios Arreola, Maria Guadalupe Lopez, Jose Martinez de la Cerde, Ruben Mendoza Lagunas, Jesus de Parafox, German Raminez, Josefina Santoyo, Noelia Corona, Teresa Figueroa-Villasenoe, and Fatima Karuma.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS.

(a) In General- Notwithstanding subsections (a) and (b) of section 201 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, the beneficiaries described in subsection (f) shall each be eligible for issuance of an immigrant visa or for adjustment of status to that of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence upon filing an application for issuance of an immigrant visa under section 204 of such Act or for adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident.

(b) Adjustment of Status- If a beneficiary described in subsection (f) enters the United States before the filing deadline specified in subsection (c), he or she shall be considered to have entered and remained lawfully and shall, if otherwise eligible, be eligible for adjustment of status under section 245 of the Immigration and Nationality Act as of the date of the enactment of this Act.

(c) Deadline for Application and Payment of Fees- Subsections (a) and (b) shall apply only if the application for issuance of an immigrant visa or the application for adjustment of status is filed with appropriate fees within 2 years after the date of the enactment of this Act.

(d) Reduction of Immigrant Visa Number- Upon the granting of an immigrant visa or permanent residence to a beneficiary described in subsection (f), the Secretary of State shall instruct the proper officer to reduce by 1, during the current or next following fiscal year, the total number of immigrant visas that are made available to natives of the country of the beneficiary's birth under section 203(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act or, if applicable, the total number of immigrant visas that are made available to natives of the country of the beneficiary's birth under section 202(e) of such Act.

(e) Denial of Preferential Immigration Treatment for Certain Relatives- The natural parents, brothers, and sisters of any beneficiary described in subsection (f) shall not, by virtue of such relationship, be accorded any right, privilege, or status under the Immigration and Nationality Act.

(f) Beneficiaries- The beneficiaries described in this subsection are the following:

(1) Elvira Arellano.

(2) Juan Carlos Arreguin.

(3) Maria I. Benitez.

(4) Francisco J. Castro.

(5) Jaime Cruz.

(6) Martha Davalos.

(7) Maria A. Martin.

(8 ) Juan Jose Mesa.

(9) Domenico Papaianni.

(10) Juan Manuel Castellanos.

(11) Juan Jose Rangel Sr.

(12) Dayron S. Rios Arenas.

(13) Araceli Contreras-Del Toro.

(14) Doris Oneida Ulloa.

(15) Bladimir I. Caballero.

(16) Arnulfo Alfaro.

(17) Consuelo Castellanos.

(18 ) Eliseo Pulido.

(19) Gilberto Romero.

(20) Maria Liliana Rua-Saenz.

(21) Aurelia Martinez-Garcia.

(22) Tomas F. Martinez-Garcia.

(23) Flor Crisostomo.

(24) Gloria M. Alcantara.

(25) Roberto Barrera - lopez.

(26) Toribio Barrera-Vieyra.

(27) Carolina Carrillo de Uribe.

(28 ) Adan Rosales Del Valle.

(29) Marie Teresa Hernandez.

(30) Consualo Constella.

(31) Lucia Larios Arreola.

(32) Maria Guadalupe Lopez.

(33) Jose Martinez de la Cerde.

(34) Ruben Mendoza Lagunas.

(35) Jesus de Parafox.

(36) German Raminez.

(37) Josefina Santoyo.

(38 ) Noelia Corona.

(39) Teresa Figueroa-Villasenoe.

(40) Fatima Karuma.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.2645:

this is on his page when you click Immigrants on the left

Immigrants

The following information is for immigrants. Please contact our office for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.

How to apply for lawful permanent residence ("Green Cards")

Information on Naturalization

How to gain employment authorization

Services for Anyone Who Has a Case Pending With USCIS

Finding Legal Advice

Immigration Medical Examinations

Adopting a Child from Another Country
    Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Offices Around the 1st District

* Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
    o Chicago Application Support Center
    o Aslyum Office
    o Local Office
    o Service Centers and the National Benefit Center for Illinois

Related Resources

View district resources for constituents.

Information for new residents of the district.

http://www.house.gov/rush/immigrants.shtml

MW
    Rep. Bobby Rush [D-IL] is a typical rank and file Democrat who supports practically anything that is pro-illegal alien.

Rush has been in office since 1993. Who in the heck keeps voting for jokers like this?

Personally, I don't expect the bill to make it out of committee. Most private bills never make it to the floors of the U.S. Congress. However, Through private bills introduced by Congressman Gutierrez of Chicago's 4th Congressional district and Senators Dick Durbin and Bobby Rush, Elvira was granted a stay of deportation, working papers and a driver's license. Of course it was just a temporary help because she did finally end up being deported.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Rep. Bobby Rush [D-IL] is a typical rank and file Democrat who supports practically anything that is pro-illegal alien.

Rush has been in office since 1993. Who in the heck keeps voting for jokers like this?

Personally, I don't expect the bill to make it out of committee. Most private bills never make it to the floors of the U.S. Congress. However, Through private bills introduced by Congressman Gutierrez of Chicago's 4th Congressional district and Senators Dick Durbin and Bobby Rush, Elvira was granted a stay of deportation, working papers and a driver's license. Of course it was just a temporary help because she did finally end up being deported.
    MW,how can this be legal when Elvira was deported after a fair hearing AND her refusal to leave which led to a forced removal.Isn't she barred from the USA for 10 yrs. ?

Sounds like Rush may be over stepping his authority to me.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

MW
    USPatriot wrote:

MW,how can this be legal when Elvira was deported after a fair hearing AND her refusal to leave which led to a forced removal.Isn't she barred from the USA for 10 yrs. ?
    You're right, a forced removal is supposed to ban you from the country for 10 years. More interestingly, Elvira was a felon because she had already been deported once before. This meant that the voluntary departure option wasn't available to her.

Sounds like Rush may be over stepping his authority to me.
    Members of the U.S. Congress can file private bills at will. Of course, like I said, from what I understand many of them never make it out of committee.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There are literally hundreds of these bills and they never get out of committee!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    USPatriot wrote:

You're right, a forced removal is supposed to ban you from the country for 10 years. More interestingly, Elvira was a felon because she had already been deported once before. This meant that the voluntary departure option wasn't available to her.

[quote:3pphkp1c]Sounds like Rush may be over stepping his authority to me.
    Members of the U.S. Congress can file private bills at will. Of course, like I said, from what I understand many of them never make it out of committee.[/quote:3pphkp1c]Alarm
    bells went off when I read this because as I recall senator Obama met with Elvira and promised to help her. How can it be legal for even a Congressman to try and overide a felony conviction and removal of a pain in the butt IA ?
    Something stinks to high heaven and this bill needs to be closely watched imho.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

5/21/2009:
    Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

i called this office in DC, the young man who answered the phone said he knew nothing about it and i told him he needs to get a statement from the congressman because with this making the rounds online, calls are likely to start coming in.

I live in the city where Elvira was holed up in that church. She lived there for a year without bothering to learn our language and used her Anchor Baby as a pawn. She made a mockery of our entire legal system and disgusts me.

I'm so sick of her and thought she was out of my life. To place her at the top of the list is beyond offensive.

The only Elvira I ever want to hear about again is Elvira "Queen Of The Night". You know, the Halloween woman on TV with the big (ahem) hair...