Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Boehner Touts Immigration Reform: 'The Sooner We Do It The Better'

by Caroline May 18 Sep 2014, 1:19 PM PDT
    breitbart

America’s immigration system is a “mess” and reforming it would help the economy, House Speaker John Boehner said Thursday.

Speaking at the American Enterprise Institute about “resetting America’s economic foundation” Boehner addressed immigration reform when asked by a member of the audience.

“Yeah, I think immigration reform would help our economy, but you’ve got to secure the borders first — we’ve got a mess and I think everybody knows we’ve got a mess. Our legal system is broken, our borders aren’t secure. And then we’ve got the problem of those that are here without documents,” Boehner said.

“It needs to be fixed,” he continued. “We’re a nation of immigrants. The sooner we do it the better off the country would be.”

House Republicans did not move forward on immigration reform this year due what Boehner and many other Republicans said was a lack of confidence that President Obama would apply the law as passed.

“I told the president what I have been telling him for months: the American people and their elected officials don't trust him to enforce the law as written. Until that changes, it is going to be difficult to make progress on this issue,” Boehner said in a statement this summer responding to Obama’s assertion that the Speaker told him the House would not move on immigration reform this year.

Earlier this month Boehner raised the possibility of moving on immigration reform next year, as long as Obama followed the law.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...lp-Our-Economy
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

“Yeah, I think immigration reform would help our economy, but you’ve got to secure the borders first — we’ve got a mess and I think everybody knows we’ve got a mess. Our legal system is broken, our borders aren’t secure. And then we’ve got the problem of those that are here without documents,” Boehner said.
    We simply do not enforce current laws that is the reason the system is broken and it stands to reason if we make new laws DC won't follow those. Sounds like the Speaker wants to keep the Senate in Democrat hands, keep on talking Boehner you will screw it up.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

SPEAKER BOEHNER CLAIMS UNEMPLOYED ARE LAZY WHILE CALLING FOR MORE FOREIGN WORKERS IN SAME HOUR

UPDATED:

Fri, SEP 19th 2014 @ 2:23 pm EDT
    by Melanie Oubre

Speaker of the House John Boehner visited the American Enterprise Institute on Thursday to give a speech on the economy. While speaking at the think tank, Boehner proved to the American people just how out of touch he was with reality.

In the question and answer portion of his appearance, Speaker Boehner renewed his commitment to increasing the flow of foreign workers in the US workforce and passing amnesty:

"Immigration reform will help our economy, but you’ve got to secure the border first. We’ve got a mess and everyone knows we’ve got a mess. Our legal system is broken, our border isn’t secure, and we’ve got the problem of those who are here without documents. It needs to be fixed. we’re a nation of immigrants, the sooner we do it, the better off the country would be."

During that same Q&A, Boehner continued to show his true colors:

"This idea that has been born, maybe out of the economy over the last couple years, that you know, I really don't have to work. I don't really want to do this. I think I'd rather just sit around. This is a very sick idea for our country."

I think it is time for a reality check, Mr. Speaker.

The percentage of teens who were employed in 2000 was 45% (ages 16-19). Since 2000, Washington has imported a half-million low skilled workers each year to work in landscaping, restaurants, and construction. This year, only 25.8% of teens will have a job.
    Those teens are also having to compete with recent college graduates, nearly half of whom work in jobs that don’t require a Bachelor’s Degree.

And overall, the middle class is being squeezed by stagnant wages, we have a historically low labor force participation rate, and 18 million American workers cannot find a full time job.

Boehner has no right or justification to imply that the low labor-participation rate indicates Americans don't want to work while government reports show 18 million Americans of every educational level say they want a full-time job but can't find one.

Speaker Boehner’s lack of compassion for American workers and sheer lack of understanding of supply and demand economics is unbelievable and indefensible.

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/speaker-boehner-claims-unemployed-are-lazy-while-calling-more-foreign-workers-same-hour

working4change