Border Patrol agents halted a human smuggling attempt at the Laredo Sector I-35 checkpoint

Release Date
Wed, 11/09/2022 - 12:00

LAREDO, Texas – Laredo Sector Border Patrol agents halted a human smuggling attempt at the I-35 checkpoint.

On Nov. 8, Border Patrol agents encountered a tractor-trailer at the primary inspection when a Service canine alerted to the trailer. Border Patrol agents referred the driver to secondary. After further inspection, Border Patrol agents discovered people hidden inside the trailer. A total of 27 individuals were removed from the trailer.

Record checks revealed that the individuals were in the country illegally. They were from the countries of Guatemala and Mexico. The driver and undocumented individuals were taken into custody and were processed accordingly.

Follow Laredo Sector Chief Patrol Agent Carl E. Landrum on Twitter at @USBPChiefLRT, on Instagram at @USBPChiefLRT and Facebook at US Border Patrol Laredo Sector for breaking news, current events, human interest stories and photos.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection welcomes assistance from the community. Citizens are encouraged to report suspicious activity to the U.S. Border Patrol while remaining anonymous by calling 1-800-343-1994.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-m...do-sector-i-35