Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BORDER SECURITY SABOTAGED

BORDER SECURITY SABOTAGED

Democrats appear to be trading votes in return for lax border security policies in danger

January 6, 2008

By James P. Tucker Jr.

Democrat s will try to rush more immigrants, legal and illegal, into citizenship in time for the 2008 elections, as they have in the past, because they can and have affected election outcomes. More than 90% of immigrants from Latin America vote Democratic, immigrant advocacy groups boast.

Just days after the 2006 elections, immigration advocates held press conferences to celebrate claims that immigrant voters decided elections in several states. They boasted that the immigrant vote was the deciding factor in defeating Sen. GeorgeAllen (R-Va.), a strong supporter of border control. They claimed 9,000 Hispanic votes for Democrat JimWebb, who won by only a handful of votes.

The trend began in 1996, when President Bill Clinton demanded that naturalization be speeded up. In fiscal 1995, which ended in October in time for the November voting, there were 488,000 naturalizations. In 1996, the number more than doubled to 1,045,000—a 114% increase. After the election, the number dropped back to 598,000 in 1997 and 463,000 in 1998.

An audit of the 1996 naturalization campaign found that 250,000 applicants were naturalized by short-circuiting background checks. Of those, 75,000 had arrest records and another 60,000 were naturalized with no fingerprint checks at all. It is a matter of mathematical certainty that some terrorists became citizens. Some politicians chose to prostitute U.S. citizenship in exchange for votes. Is there any other possible explanation for their anti-American behavior?

Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas), ranking minority member of the House Judiciary Committee, listed Democratic rejections of immigration reform. In the past two years, he said, an overwhelming majority of House Democrats voted against almost every piece of legislation intended to reduce illegal immigration:

• 80% rejected enhanced border security and increased enforcement of laws prohibiting the employment of illegal aliens. The proposed bill required the use of a basic pilot program, which helps employers determine whether their employees are legal.

• 74% rejected national security standards for drivers licenses to prevent alien terrorists from obtaining identification documents. The Real ID Act was intended to keep out and remove alien terrorists from this country.

• 63% opposed strengthening border security by constructing reinforced fences along the Mexico border. Senate Democrats also have refused to reduce illegal immigration. For example:

• 75% rejected enforcing immigration laws before beginning the legalization process for up to 20 million criminal aliens already in this country. In opposing the Coburn Amendment, Democrats spat upon the voters overwhelming (69%) call for immigration enforcement.

• 86% said no to increasing the number of detention beds, allowing for the confinement of illegal aliens to ensure their appearance for immigration hearings. At present, most arrested suspects simply fade into the streets and never appear.

• 84% opposed funding 800 more immigration investigators.

[i]AFP editor James P. Tucker Jr. is a veteran journalist who spent many years as a member of the “eliteâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

YOu know I don't doubt all of this is true, however,

there is no way this can be placed at the Democrat's feet. WE have had a Republican in the WH now for 7 years. A President that has been able to get almost everything he wanted in the way of power. He could have fixed this if he had wanted.

Please, we can't make this a dem/rep thing - it isn't.

This President has been the biggest supporter of illegal immigration - both vocally and in terms of law enforcement - or lack thereof.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Agree nntrixie.

Dems want votes and Reps are known to be for big biz so many (not all) have their own reasons for not enforcing our immigration laws.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We need to organize and see what we can do state by state and by precient. If anyone even questions that an illegal has voted we need to find out where to call to call it an unfair vote. Does anyone know how we can go about doing this?
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    George Bush, Michael Chertoff and a slew of Republicans are just as much at fault

George Bush the decider has decided to destroy this country from the inside out
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    It dosnt matter if you are a Republican or democrat at this point... all of these fools MUST be booted out of office on the next 2 elections...

we can argue politics later ... to do so we must save this nation first

You are exactly right. I don't think there is a difference between both parties anymore. It is time to get people in that make a difference in Washington. These two parties want the same thing. Corporate money.
    -- John Wayne</div>

You know I really wish we would simply go to the polls and vote out anyone now in office - doesn't matter.

We could do it next time and the next.

We could create the third party we need - called the "New Party". We could put that party in office every election.

I fear too many people are still hanging on to the 'party' apron strings and we will have the same old - same old.

I would do that in heart beat if I was sure that America would be following me. My fear about a third party is if you vote for a third party you could be taking the vote away from the better guy and throwing your vote over to the bad guy. I have seen that happen in Utah and oh my gosh was it ever a disaster.
    -- John Wayne</div>

Oh, I meant creating the 'New Party' by voting out the encumbents each time and putting in new people. Not voting based on any party - just vote out anyone in office.

If we did that a few times, they might decide to pay attention to voters.

Right now, there is no difference in the parties - not in the big things so they know no matter, their person will win - no matter the party.

They have us all safely locked away behind one party or the other - afraid to vote for the 'other party' or a third party - so they win.