Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BREAKING:McCain considered benchmarks in January 2007â€

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/01/30/m ... uary-2007/
    McCain considered benchmarks in January 2007
    posted at 10:55 pm on January 30, 2008 by Bryan
    Send to a Friend | printer-friendly
    During the Reagan Library debate, Sen. John McCain spent several minutes attacking Gov. Mitt Romney for allegedly supporting timetables and benchmarks on progress in Iraq. I’ve already taken that attack apart here and Jay has the original GMA clip here. But the facts are not only inconvenient to McCain on what Romney said. They’re inconvenient on what McCain himself said. He considered supporting timetables himself in January 2007. The Arizona Star has the story.
    Read it and weep, John McCain.
    http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/byauthor/166271

[i]Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., one of the most stalwart supporters of the war in Iraq, said Thursday that he might propose that the Iraqi government meet certain benchmarks for the United States to continue its engagement.
    Fellow senators and independent political scientists said McCain’s thinking reflected growing concerns within the Republican Party about the course of the war, and also might mark a turning point for the likely 2008 presidential contender, whose previous unconditional backing of the war may have hurt his prospects.
    McCain said Thursday that he hadn’t yet decided on precise benchmarks. “They’d have to be specific, and they (Iraqi government officials) would have to meet them,â€

What a GREAT catch, LawEnforcer!!!

Oh...how I wish someone could have come back at McLiar with this quote tonight! But don't worry...let's send this quote to the various news outlets...we can't let this traitor get away with more lies!

I believe they discussed this over in the Corner at NRO. But the MSM has just ignored it. Maybe it will get more play.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great information on McLier LawEnforcer!!!!

I just made a contribution to Mitt's campaign and it feels great!

“It's not the voting that's democracy; it's the counting.â€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)