Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Breaking: President Trump to Sign Executive Order On DACA - Path to Citizenship

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Breaking: President Trump to Sign Executive Order On DACA - Path to Citizenship

President Trump did an interview in which he stated that he would be signing an immigration executive order. He said that DACA recipients would have a path to citizenship.

(The video interview with President Trump did not transfer with the tweet. Available for viewing at Link.)

Meet the Press

@MeetThePress

· 48m

BREAKING: President Trump tells Telemundo’s @jdbalart he will sign an executive order on immigration that will include DACA in the coming weeks. #mtpdailyTrump: “One of the aspects of the bill is going to be DACA. We are going to have a road to citizenship.”

Ryan James Girdusky Retweeted

https://twitter.com/MeetThePress/sta...09678406316033

Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 07-10-2020 at 09:01 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ryan James Girdusky

@RyanGirdusky

path to citizenship... not immigration... it's been a long day fam

Show this thread

Ryan James Girdusky

@RyanGirdusky

16m

Spoke to administration sources: The EO does not include a path to immigration for DACA recipients... because it's entirely illegal. The Trump Administration is still working on rescinding DACA. This EO is going to be all merit based immigration prioritizing based on skill

Quote Tweet

Noticias Telemundo

@TelemundoNews

EXCLUSIVE: @realDonaldTrump to sign a “merit-based” immigration executive order that would include a path to citizenship for #DACA recipients.https://tlmdo.co/2W6XrzU

Show this thread

Show this thread

Ryan James Girdusky

@RyanGirdusky

Trump doesn't know what he's talking about here... SCOTUS did not give the President power to give amnesty through an executive order. He doesn't have the power.No idea what he's talking about. Don't take it seriously.

Quote Tweet

Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 07-10-2020 at 07:02 PM.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ted Cruz

@tedcruz

· 36m

There is ZERO constitutional authority for a President to create a “road to citizenship” by executive fiat. It was unconstitutional when Obama issued executive amnesty, and it would be a HUGE mistake if Trump tries to illegally expand amnesty. #TellTheSwampNO #RuleOfLaw twitter.com/meetthepress/s…

Daniel Horowitz

@RMConservative

We get all the liabilities but none of the benefits. If this is it, then step aside to nominate someone else.

Quote Tweet

Meet the Press

@MeetThePress

· 1h

BREAKING: President Trump tells Telemundo’s @jdbalart he will sign an executive order on immigration that will include DACA in the coming weeks. #mtpdailyTrump: “One of the aspects of the bill is going to be DACA. We are going to have a road to citizenship.”

Trump says he'll sign order with 'road to citizenship' for DACA recipients

July 10, 2020

President Trump said Friday he intends to sign an executive order on immigration within the next month that he said will include a "road to citizenship" for recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

© Screenshot Trump says he'll sign order with 'road to citizenship' for DACA recipientsIn an interview with Telemundo anchor José Díaz-Balart, Trump blamed Democrats from walking away from a deal on DACA and said the Supreme Court's decision last month blocking his administration's plan to end the Obama-era program gave him "tremendous power."

"The deal was done. DACA is going to be just fine. We're putting it in. It's going to be just fine. And I am going to be, over the next few weeks, signing an immigration bill that a lot of people don't know about. You have breaking news, but I'm signing a big immigration bill," Trump told Díaz-Balart.

"Is that an executive order?" the anchor asked.

"I'm going to do a big executive order. I have the power to do it as president and I'm going to make DACA a part of it," Trump responded. "But, we put it in, and we'll probably going to then be taking it out. We're working out the legal complexities right now, but I'm going to be signing a very major immigration bill as an executive order, which Supreme Court now, because of the DACA decision, has given me the power to do that."

Asked whether the executive order would provide temporary relief for DACA recipients, Trump said its scope would be much wider.

"No, what I'm going to do is that they're going to part of a much bigger bill on immigration. It's going to be a very big bill, a very good bill, and merit-based bill and it will include DACA, and I think people are going to be very happy," said Trump.
    "But one of the aspects of the bill is going to be DACA. We're going to have a road to citizenship," he added.

It's unclear whether the president can grant a category of undocumented immigrants - in this case DACA beneficiaries - permanent legal status with a road to citizenship.
    When former President Obama created the program through a Department of Homeland Security memorandum in 2012, he was criticized for executive overreach, although DACA only provides temporary deferral from deportation and a work permit to certain undocumented immigrants who meet a set of conditions.

After Trump rescinded that memo in 2017, he gave Congress six months to pass a statutory replacement for DACA, sparking a flurry of legislative activity that ultimately ended in a deadlock, as the White House nixed a nascent bipartisan agreement.
    That legislation was replaced by a Republican-led bill, which included provisions unacceptable to Democrats, such as severe reductions of family-based immigration and the diversity visa program.

Negotiations fully broke down after Trump's rescission was blocked by the courts, starting a two-year process that ended in June's Supreme Court ruling.
    In Trump's view, the Democrats broke a deal in leaving the negotiating table after the bipartisan deal had been nixed by the White House.

"I had a deal with the Democrats and they broke the deal. The DACA could have been taken care of two years ago, but the Democrats broke the deal. All of a sudden they just broke it for no reason. Actually, they had a court case that slightly went their way, and they said, 'Oh, let's not talk about the deal anymore,'" Trump told Díaz-Balart.

But Trump said he feels empowered by the Supreme Court ruling, in which Chief Justice John Roberts affirmed the executive branch has the power to do away with DACA, but that proper procedure was not followed in the 2017 order.

"If you look at the Supreme Court ruling, they gave the president tremendous powers when they said that you could take in, in this case, 700 thousand or so people, so they gave powers," said Trump.

"Based on the powers that they gave, I'm going to be doing an immigration bill. One of the aspects of the bill that you will be very happy with, and that a lot of people will be, including me and a lot of Republicans, by the way, will be DACA. It will give them a road to citizenship," he added.

Brett Samuels contributed to this report.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ts/ar-BB16AWLP

Ted Cruz Slams Trump’s ‘Road to Citizenship’ Claim for Pending DACA Executive Order: ‘HUGE Mistake’

July 10, 2920

Senator Ted Cruz warned the Trump administration not to include a “road to citizenship” for DACA recipients, after Trump implied one was coming in a new executive order on immigration he plans to sign “over the next few weeks.”

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) asks a question during the Senate Judiciary…
    “There is ZERO constitutional authority for a President to create a ‘road to citizenship’ by executive fiat,” Cruz tweeted. “It was unconstitutional when Obama issued executive amnesty, and it would be a HUGE mistake if Trump tries to illegally expand amnesty.”

Cruz’s reaction came after Trump revealed in an interview with Telemundo that he would give DACA recipients “a road to citizenship” through an executive order.

“We’re working out the legal complexities right now, but I’m going to be signing a major immigration bill as an executive order, which . . . because of the DACA decision, has given me the power to do that,” Trump said. He then seemed to contradict himself, saying that “we put it in, and we’re probably going to then be taking it out,” in an apparent reference to DACA.

But when pressed by Jose Diaz-Balart on the order, Trump appeared to double-down.

“One of the aspects of the bill is going to be DACA, we are going to have a road to citizenship. If you look at the Supreme Court ruling, they gave the president tremendous powers when they said that you could take in, in this case 700,000 or so people,” Trump claimed. “So they gave powers, based on the powers that they gave, I’m going to be doing an immigration bill — one of the aspects of the bill that you’ll be very happy with, and that a lot of people will be, including me, and a lot of Republicans by the way, will be DACA. We’ll give them a road to citizenship.”

The comments clash with reports that emerged this week claiming that the Trump administration was restarting its attempt to end President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program — which grants participants renewable deportation deferrals, but not a path to citizenship

The reported move came after the Supreme Court said last month in a 5-4 decision that the Trump administration’s previous attempt to end DACA violated the Administrative Procedure Act’s “arbitrary and capricious” standard and could not move forward. In response, Trump said “nothing was lost or won” in the decision, adding that the court had “punted.” He has previously said that “a deal will be made” with Democrats over the status of DACA’s participants if his administration’s attempt to end the program was successful.

More on National Review

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...99/ar-BB16Axrz

Trump Promises ‘Road to Citizenship’ for DACA Illegal Aliens

July 10, 2020

John Binder
    Eduardo Munoz Alvarez/AFP/Getty 4:15

President Trump says he will be signing “a very major immigration bill” within the next month that provides a “road to citizenship” to the roughly 800,000 illegal aliens who are enrolled in former President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

During an interview with Telemundo on Friday, Trump said he is working on a comprehensive immigration plan that will allow hundreds of thousands of DACA illegal aliens to remain permanently in the U.S. and eventually obtain American citizenship.

Trump said the plan would be unveiled “over the next four weeks.” He went on to say:

I’m going to do a big executive order. I have the power to do it as president. And I’m going to make DACA a part of it. But we put it in and we’re probably then going to be taking it out. We’re working out the legal complexities right now, but I’m going to be signing a very major immigration bill as an executive order. I’m going to make DACA a part of it.

Trump continued:

No, what I’m going to do is that they’re going to [be] part of a much bigger bill on immigration. It’s going to be a very big bill, a very good bill, and merit-based bill, and it will include DACA, and I think people are going to be very happy.

In the meantime, we’ll put it in, we’ll take it out… I think people are going to be very happy with it, but one of the aspects of the bill, which frankly, nobody knows about until right now because I told no other report[ers], so you have breaking news. Congratulations. But one of the aspects of the bill is going to be DACA. We’re going to have a road to citizenship.

Trump said recent Supreme Court rulings give him “tremendous powers” over immigration:

If you look at the Supreme Court ruling, they gave the president tremendous powers when they said that you could take in, in this case, 700,000 or so people, so they gave powers. Based on the powers that they gave, I’m going to be doing an immigration bill. One of the aspects of the bill that you will be very happy with, and that a lot of people will be, including me and a lot of Republicans, by the way, will be DACA. It gives them a road to citizenship.

The remarks come after the Supreme Court ruled last month that the Trump administration could not end Obama’s DACA program as they had requested and would need to refile paperwork to do so. At the time, Trump said he would quickly be refiling the paperwork to permanently end DACA.

Trump slammed House and Senate Democrats for failing to work with him on DACA amnesty legislation. He said:

I’m taking care of DACA. I had a deal with the Democrats and they broke the deal. The DACA could have been taken care of two years ago, but the Democrats broke the deal. All of a sudden they just broke it for no reason. Actually, they had a court case that slightly went their way, and they said, ‘Oh, let’s not talk about the deal anymore.’ You remember that. We talked about it.

The White House did not respond to a request for comment at the time of this publication.

A DACA amnesty would put more citizen children of illegal aliens — known as “anchor babies” — on federal welfare, as Breitbart News reported, while American taxpayers would be left potentially with a $26 billion bill.

Additionally, about one-in-five DACA illegal aliens, after an amnesty, would end up on food stamps, while at least one-in-seven would go on Medicaid.

Any plan to give amnesty to DACA illegal aliens that does not also include provisions to halve legal immigration levels — the U.S. admits about 1.2 million legal immigrants a year at the expense of America’s working and middle class — would give amnestied illegal aliens the opportunity to bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the country.

At the southern border, a DACA amnesty has the potential to trigger a border surge that could triple the number of illegal aliens pouring through the border. Since DACA’s inception, more than 2,100 recipients of the program have been kicked off because they were found to either be criminals or gang members.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...llegal-aliens/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 07-10-2020 at 07:53 PM.

BREAKING: President Trump to Sign Executive Order on Immigration That Will Include DACA, ‘We’ll Give Them a Road to Citizenship’ (VIDEO)

July 10, 2020

Cristina Laila

President Trump on Friday told Telemundo that he will be signing a huge executive order on immigration that will include DACA in the coming weeks.

“We are going to have a road to citizenship,” said Trump citing the recent SCOTUS ruling on DACA.

WATCH:

(At Link)

The Supreme Court ruled last month that President Trump cannot end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

Chief Justice John Roberts, a Bush appointee, once again sided with the liberal justices to ban President Trump from ending the DACA program.

Justice Thomas said in his dissent that Thursday’s SCOTUS decision is “An effort to avoid a politically controversial but legally correct decision.”

Trump took to Twitter and blasted the Supreme Court in a pair of tweets.

“These horrible & politically charged decisions coming out of the Supreme Court are shotgun blasts into the face of people that are proud to call themselves Republicans or Conservatives. We need more Justices or we will lose our 2nd. Amendment & everything else. Vote Trump 2020!” Trump said.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...zenship-video/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 07-10-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Ann Coulter

@AnnCoulter

1h

I hope he's speaking about Mexican citizenship.

Quote Tweet

Meet the Press

@MeetThePress

Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 07-10-2020 at 09:09 PM.

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast