Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Burlington to Become Next NC Sanctuary City?

Chief: Deportation not city police role
    By Keren Rivas / Times-News
    October 12, 2007 6:36 PM
    ELON — Understanding the obstacles the Hispanic community and those who work with them face is a difficult task.

Finding ways to get over those obstacles is even harder.

Providing a common ground between the two was one of the main focuses of a symposium on Hispanic issues sponsored by the Burlington-Alamance Sister Cities.

Before finding solutions, people need to talk about the problems, said state Sen. Tony Foriest, who attended the Friday event. Communication is the key, he added.

Event organizers said they wanted to provide a forum for people to talk about the issues facing the Hispanic community, particularly misconceptions about who the local Hispanics are.

They also wanted to explore the negative talk and hard feelings against Hispanics that seem to be prevalent in Alamance County.

“We are not here to argue with people,â€

[quote]Williams said that many times American-born children are left behind when their parents are deported. “What happens to them? Is that the right way to approach it? My answer is ‘No,’â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

zeezil,
    I also found this comment particularly disturbing....

Leach said she has received calls from people who are selling their homes either because they are afraid they will be deported if they stay in Alamance County or because the main provider in the home has been deported and the spouse left behind doesn’t have the means to keep up with the payments.
    1)The realtor (Leach) portrays the illegal aliens as oppressed people when in fact they are running from justice, not oppression.
    2) How and why do the illegals "own" a home in the first place? Because unscrupulous banks and finance companies knowingly and willfully issue loans to these people when they certainly recognize the potential for foreclosure should the debtors pack up and dissapear. I suggest that the illegals bailing on these loans is a good chunk of the failing housing industry and mortgage industry right now, and will continue to drive the downward spiral as local and state laws tighten up. Not one dime of taxpayer money should be spent to bail out the mortgage industry because the banks and finance companies saw the potential for the decline when they made those loans. I'm sure it was their position that if the American people ever forced the illegals out, then the bank would simply foreclose and resell the properties, keeping the gains on owner equity and interest as a windfall. I contend that the Boards of many of these greedy financial institutions should be in jail for defrauding their stockholders and aiding/harboring illegal aliens.

MW
    [quote]“I’ve made my position very clear in our departments: Our mission is to serve and protect the people of Burlington. Period," Williams said. “I’m not interested in what color their skin is, what language they speak or how they came here.â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn