Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Bush 29, Chavez 5

www.investors.com

Issues & Insights
    Bush 29, Chavez 5
    Posted 11/7/2005

Latin America: If you heeded the hype from gloomy hand wringers or news photos of shop-trashing anti-American thugs, you'd think President Bush left the Argentina summit in failure. It's nothing but rubbish.

Seldom has news been so distorted against facts. Most of the U.S. media claim that because the 34 states were obstructed from full agreement on a declaration to kick-start free trade by a few holdouts, it's some sort of victory for the chief obstructor, U.S. antagonist Hugo Chavez of Venezuela.

Just by the numbers, it's a false impression. Only five states at the Organization of American States summit in Mar del Plata withheld signing a statement to restart talks for a Free Trade of the Americas pact, and four of those â€â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Since when did we consider Bush winning on FREE TRADE a triumph???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I guess free trade IS winning to Bush and his big corporate buddies. It must mean lots more for their pockets and bank accounts. With my pay being cut $6.00 to $8.00 per hour, which took effect yesterday, I can not see how trade agreements have helped anyone but the big guys in this country. I tried to get my employer just to go ahead and lay me off because I have a 45 minute drive one way to work each morning and with that huge pay cut, who can afford the gas? I was told, "no layoffs". I think they are trying to get us to quit, the company has closed many, many plants in the last 4 years(I believe it's about 23 plants, now) and just recently 3 more in my home town alone. This is what "FREE TRADE" brought to Americans, huge pay cuts and total job losses with no jobs to replace the ones lost. I wonder if Mr. Bush reads articles here on ALIPAC(HA HA)? Well if he does, here's a note to you, Mr. Bush:" Good going, Mr. Bush. You and your elite friends are gonna finish off America. You are putting us right where you want us, in poverty and under your complete control. The new America is a third world country, bascially given away by a corrupt government and greedy companies. The last 3 presidents have managed to totally destroy life as we Americans knew it in just a few short years. Thanks, Mr. Bush, I hope you can sleep well at night."
    I wish I could meet the president and say that to his face because it might make me feel a little better, the sad thing is though, it won't restore American manufacturing back to the American people who were robbed when it was given away to other countries, a communist country(China) at that! I knew Ross Perot knew what he was saying about free trade. Read it here http://www.issues2000.org/Celeb/Ross_Pe ... _Trade.htm
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

AMEN, rebellady! Last night on Lou Dobbs, he reported that this president has BORROWED MORE MONEY than ALL of the last 42 presidents COMBINED. Can you BELIEVE THAT???

Of course your company doesn't want to lay you off because THAT would allow you to draw unemployment which would cost THEM. You are exactly right--they want you to QUIT so they want have to have their unemployment insurance rates raised. I hope you can afford to hang tough but I sure don't see how you could POSSIBLY afford to keep the job with a commute that long and with the price of gas.

Yep--this poor excuse for a President has done absolutely ZILCH for the American people but he's done a damn good job of enriching his already rich buddies. And, we can't excuse Congress either because they've played right along with the THEFT of American jobs and aided and abetted the President in his quest to send every DECENT-PAYING American job overseas.

We need a wholesale cleaning of WASHINGTON. We need to actually FIND someone who really believed that they were elected to REPRESENT the people who elected them -- NOT the President who is leading us down a primrose path to destruction.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I know that I was one of those that was on Ross Perot's side. I was out campaigning for him. I know a lot of people didn't like him or was afraid of getting away from the 2 party system. But even then, I saw there needed to be some type of Checks and balancing. Which we don't have with the Democrats and repulicans
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

I was with you, Scub!! Even though his charts drove me BANANAS, he KNEW what he was talking about and we would NEVER have been in this fiscal HOLE if he had been elected. I voted for him as well and I think, if a Ross Perot came on the scene today, he would have a really excellent chance of winning.

I sure wish we could get Lou Dobbs to run. Lou would straighten this mess out, with the American people's help. But, is our situation fixable? This administration has pounded us into the ground. I voted for Ross, also. Alot of people thought he was not "smart" enough to be our president What made Bush look smart?
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Karl ROVE??? That's the only thing I can think of that might have made Bush LOOK smart ALTHOUGH I didn't think he did then and I sure KNOW he doesn't look that way now!!

I think most people knew that Perot was smart. He just didn't have the charisma needed to win, I think. I think most people respected his FISCAL smarts but he just didn't have much in the way of personality.

I am in complete agreement about Lou Dobbs for President. I'm not sure he comes across as FORCEFUL enough but he sure is smart and very likeable.

A question I have regarding the South Americans. Do you feel that when they protest, and are labeled as being "anti-American" towards the trade agreements etc... Do you think that they feel that way towards the people, or do you feel that they feel that way towards the corporations and our "REPRESENTATIVES"?
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

I sure hope it's the corporations and the representatives, the American people sure do not want these so called "trade agreements"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast