Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush has a scheduling conflict and will not be able to attend an event set for Friday, so the White House celebration was held a day early.
    Yeah, his conflict is called I am afraid to be around on Cinco de Mayo and be seen singing the new US Spanish Anthem and shown raising the Mexican flag over the White House.

They don't call him Senior El Pollo Bush for nothing.

Americans must understand that it was a time when Mexican soldiers won the Battle of Puebla, and defended their independence. So, obviously, Cinco de Mayo is a day of special pride for citizens of Mexico, but it is, as well, for Americans. It is a reminder of a proud heritage we share with our neighbor to the south. That's how I view the day.
    it might be a "day of special pride for citizens of Mexico" but not citizens of this country. We also defended our independence from foreign influence, but apparently our neighbor to the south is more important than our sovereignty.

Lincoln based his administration and policy on "HIS" views and not on the Constitution or the will of the people -- look how that turned out
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican
    Bush has a scheduling conflict and will not be able to attend an event set for Friday, so the White House celebration was held a day early.
    Yeah, his conflict is called I am afraid to be around on Cinco de Mayo and be seen singing the new US Spanish Anthem and shown raising the Mexican flag over the White House.

They don't call him Senior El Pollo Bush for nothing.
    I bet he secretly owns a copy of the Spanish anthem and plays it every night before going to bed.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well I've lost my appetite for about a month. Has he lost what little grey matter he has left?

I bet he secretly owns a copy of the Spanish anthem and plays it every night before going to bed.
    That or Laura sings it to him.

Maybe it's a duet with both Laura and Condoleeza doing a karaoke rendition in Spanish.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I guess he gave another speech in the rose garden of the White House.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 504-2.html

President Celebrates Cinco de Mayo
    The Rose Garden

8:01 P.M. EDT

THE PRESIDENT: Bienvenidos. (Applause.) Laura and I are honored to host so many distinguished Hispanic Americans, and Mexican leaders here in the Jardin de Rosa. (Laughter.) Welcome to the White House. The way I see it is mi casa es su casa. (Laughter and applause.) I always look forward to Cinco de Mayo, especially because it gives me a chance to practice my Spanish. My only problem this year is I scheduled the dinner on quatro de Mayo. (Laughter.) Next year I'm going to have to work on my math. (Laughter.)

I want to thank you all for coming. I particularly want to thank the Attorney General of the United States, Alberto Gonzales, for joining us. (Applause.) The Secretary of Commerce, Carlos Gutierrez, and Edi. (Applause.) SBA Administrator Hector Barreto, and his wife Robin. (Applause.) Anna Cabral, and Victor. Anna Cabral is the Treasurer of the United States. Welcome, Anna. (Applause.) Eduardo Aguirre, who is the Director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. (Applause.)

These guys said they want to get to know you, Eduardo. (Laughter.) By the way, Eduardo has been announced, and upon Senate confirmation will become the U.S. Ambassador to Spain. (Applause.)

Mi amigo y Juez -- de Texas, Ricardo Hinojosa. (Applause.) U.S. Surgeon General, and his wife Diane, Dr. Richard Carmona. (Applause.) El Embajador de Mexico. Welcome. (Applause.) El Embajador de Estados Unidos a Mexico, Tony Garza. (Applause.) Y su esposa nueva, Maria. Welcome. (Applause.)

I want to thank Congressman Henry Bonilla and Sheryl for joining us today. Welcome, Congressman. (Applause.) Congressman Henry Cuellar, de Texas. Welcome. (Applause.) Josefina Vasquez Mota, Mexico's Secretary for Social Development, welcome. (Applause.)

I want to thank Christian Castro, recording artist who is going to perform tonight. I appreciate Jaci Velasquez -- where's Jaci? Jackie is somewhere. (Applause.) There she is. Thanks. She's going to emcee. I want to thank Mariachi Sol de Mexico. (Applause.)

Cinco de Mayo commemorates a joyful moment in Mexican history. Tonight we're proud to celebrate that moment together. The United States and Mexico are united by ties of family, faith in God, and a deep love for freedom.

More than 25 million men and women of Mexican origin now make their homes in the United States. And they're making our nation more vibrant and more hopeful every day. Mexican Americans have enriched the American experience with contributions to music and dancing and the arts. Latino entrepreneurs are starting their own businesses all across America, and are creating jobs and trading in freedom with businesses across borders. More Hispanic Americans own their own homes today than ever before. And Mexican Americans are firmly committed to leaving no child behind in America.

Mexican Americans are also strengthening our country with their patriotism and service. Thousands of Mexican Americans have sacrificed in the Armed Services for our freedom. And more than 8,700 men and women born in Mexico now wear the uniform of the United States military. (Applause.) These dedicated men and women are making America safer, and they're making the world safer. And they're carrying on the courage and devotion that inspired an outnumbered band of Mexican soldiers to victory in the Battle of Pueblo on the cinco de Mayo, 1862.

Here at the White House, the triumph of Cinco de Mayo was recognized by President Abraham Lincoln. And through the generations, Americans have continued to look on our neighbor to the south with fondness and deep respect. Tonight we look to the future with confidence in our warm and growing friendship. And so now it is my pleasure to offer a toast: May God bless the people of Mexico, and all the sons and daughters of Mexico who call America home. Que Dios los bendiga.

(A toast is offered.) (Applause.)

END 8:07 P.M. EDT

The way I see it is mi casa es su casa.
    What he means is "mi país es su país".
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

And through the generations, Americans have continued to look on our neighbor to the south with fondness and deep respect.
    Well, this settles it.

He is completely insane.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

we're in pitiful shape here. We had a president that turned the oval office into a brothel, rented out bedrooms in the White House to Chinese special interest and now we're having Mexican holidays ....

when does this insanity end?
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast