Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush 'committed to illegal Irish'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6939661.stm

President Bush is committed to dealing with the issue of illegal Irish immigrants in America, the US consul for Northern Ireland has said.
    The failure of recent legislation which would have allowed illegal immigrants who had left the US to return means many are afraid to visit home.

US consul Dean Pittman said the president wanted to resolve the issue.

"People from Ireland have played a tremendous role in building our country," he said.

"But, at the same time we have to regulate in a way so that people aren't taken advantage of.

"So people can come to the United States and have the benefit of those protections legal citizens get. Unfortunately right now many people come over who are not in that status."

It is estimated that more than 10 million people are living illegally in the United States - and about 25,000 of those are from an Irish background.

There are fears that stronger immigration controls proposed by the US government could penalise the so-called "undocumented Irish".

Londonderry Boxer John Duddy is among a range of people campaigning for the Irish in America.

"The Irish fans have come out in support of me in my fight, so I am going to come out and support them 100% in their fight.

"Hopefully it will come through in the end," he said.

Paul McCormack, a senior New York policeman who grew up in Donegal, says Americans want to see the issue dealt with too.

"I would like to see America give a little bit back to the Irish immigrants because you are talking health care and other issues where illegal immigrants might not get the same treatment," he said.

"In law enforcement, sometimes they are scared to report crimes.

"You would hope that they would become legal where they can get all the advantages of being a citizen of America."

SDLP leader Mark Durkan has also been campaigning on their behalf.

"What we have to do is make sure that legislation gets through that allows those people to continue to lead productive lives, but to do it in ways that allows them to engage with their families back home, people can't do that at the minute," the Foyle MP said.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ship them out!! These are Irish for heaven's sake. Ireland is a beautiful country with an amazing economy. More young people under the age of 35 have more BMW's than any country in the world.

GO HOME!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6939661.stm

ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL

GO HOME

"People from Ireland have played a tremendous role in building our country," he said.
    WHAT does this mean? So everyone from Ireland now is entitled and owed a debt of gratitude? If they are Americans of Irish descent then they don't need this 'compliment'. Americans get their rewards by being free Americans, not by the phoney rhetoric and brown-nose flattery. It seems Americans are beholden to all illegals to hear Bush talk. How did we ever get anything accomplished in this country before aliens started demanding their rights?
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

AGAIN THIS IS A DIVERSION.

IN THE PAST IRISH HAVE PLAYED A ROLE IN THE BUILDING OF OUR NATION. THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE IRISH THAT ARE NOW IN OUR COUNTRY ILLEGALLY.

ILLEGALS MUST GO HOME AND APPLY THROUGH THE PROPER CHANNELS. IT IS NOT OK TO COME HERE ILLEGALLY.

IT IS A DIVERSION TO STEER THE DEBATE TO HISTORICAL EVENTS INSTEAD OF ADDRESSING THE PRESENT.

I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST IRISH AS I AM OF IRISH DESCENT. BUT ILLEGALS MUST GO HOME. NO EXCUSES AND NO EXCEPTIONS. AND HISTORICAL EVENTS CANNOT BE CONSIDERED IN THE DEBATE ABOUT PRESENT DAY ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

How in the World ...............

What is a matter here... the word illegal alien apply's to any person in the US on an expired VISA or broken the law by crossing illegally into the US

Un-documented

ok... I needed that. If King Bush will not follow the law of the land... it is time "Way Past Time" to begin the Impeachment process.

I am embarressed by this administrations twisting and turning of the law to make it functional "In his mind" that is

I am a Conservative Republican and I demand "I demand" competant leadership

Somebody slap Carl Rove in the back of the head for being such an IDIOT

Somebody slap Carl Rove
    I'ts not Karl Rove, but would this do?

I agree with Bush, he should legalize the Irish - by flying them all back to Ireland! Plus do the same for every other nationality.

They must leave as well. COME LEGALLY OR NOT AT ALL!

I have Irish ancestry as well. If your here illegally, YOUR BREAKING OUR LAW!

I'm part Irish, have an Irish last name, was raised in the Irish Catholic tradition, have been to Ireland, and generally like the Irish people.

The Irish who are in this country illegally, should be deported, just like illegals from any other country. Period. End of story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast