Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Bush: Don't Underestimate Me On Getting An Immigration Bill

http://www.kotv.com/main/home/storiesNL ... &id=101331

Bush: Don't Underestimate Me On Getting An Immigration Bill

WASHINGTON (AP) President Bush says no one should discount his ability to get a new immigration law from Congress, despite his struggles with lawmakers in the past year.

``Don't underestimate me,'' Bush said as the Senate readied for a showdown over the issue.

Bush is insisting that Congress send him a bill that not only strengthens U.S. borders, but also allows foreigners to have a guest permit that lets them work temporarily in the United States in low-paying jobs. ``It's a humane way to deal with people who are making a contribution to our economy,'' he said.

``I am disgusted by a system in which people are snuck across the border in the bottom of an 18-wheeler,'' Bush said Monday in an interview with Canadian and Mexican reporters. ``This is inhumane. There's a more humane way to deal with our neighborhood.''

The Senate is debating legislation on immigration this week. A get-tough version that passed the House would add more fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border and increase penalties for those who sneak across, but it did not include the guest worker program that Bush wants.

A Senate committee approved a measure Monday that would permit illegal aliens currently in the country to apply for citizenship without first having to return home, a process that would take at least six years.

There was no immediate White House reaction to specifics of the Senate panel version, but it was more in line with what Bush has proposed than was the House bill.

Congress already has failed to give Bush several other priorities that he asked for during his second term. Despite spending months last year pitching an overhaul of Social Security, lawmakers never even took up a bill for debate. And this year lawmakers turned back one of Bush's three nominees to the Supreme Court before Harriet Miers's name even came to a vote and made clear they would block the administration's plan to let a company based in the United Arab Emirates run some U.S. ports.

Bush said in a news conference last week that he's been using up his political capital on Iraq at a time when many Americans are losing confidence in his leadership on the war.

When asked whether Congress is underestimating him on immigration, Bush responded, ``We'll see. But I will keep speaking out on it.''

Bush sat for the interview Monday to preview a summit with leaders of the two countries later this week in Cancun, Mexico. The summit host, Mexican President Vicente Fox, will leave office this year after July's election. He's not eligible to run again.

Leftist Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador is leading in most opinion polls over Felipe Calderon, a conservative candidate from Fox's National Action Party.

``I'm obviously aware that there is a political season coming up, but until someone is sworn in office, my relationship will be with Vicente Fox as the leader of our important friend to the south,'' Bush said. ``And I'm sure there's going to be all kinds of speculation about whether or not the United States will be involved in the election, and we won't be, pure and simple.''
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

People need to stop listening to this maniac and distance themselves from him. Anyone even remotely associated with Bush will pay at the polls in November. I hope all those who support this moron will get burned at the polls.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

At best, Bush should be remembered as the Platitude President.

Well, he can't quit now. He's promised Vicente that Mexico can move all their poor to the US.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHills
    At best, Bush should be remembered as the Platitude President.
    No, Bush will be remembered as the man who accomplished in five years what the far left was unable to accomplish in over thirty - the complete colllapse of the US as a soverign nation, from within.

He had help, of course, since the left has continously changed tactics until they found one that worked, but his cheerleading for the invaders and refusal to do anything to stop them is a betrayal unprecedented in the history of this nation.

They're here now, they're growing in numbers every day, and they're only going to get more radical as time goes on. The Senate is in fear of them, and the House will be.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

The Senate won't have to live in fear much longer. We the voters, are about to send them into retirement.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!