Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush Most Regrets Iraq, Failure of 'Immigration Reform'

Bush regrets Iraq intel, immigration flap

George Bush said Iraq was both his biggest disappointment and his greatest accomplishment during his eight-year tenure as U.S. president.

(The) biggest regret of all the presidency has to have been the intelligence failure in Iraq, Bush said in an interview with ABC News that aired Monday. A lot of people put their reputations on the line and said the weapons of mass destruction is a reason to remove Saddam Hussein. And, you know, that's not a do-over but I wish the intelligence had been different, I guess.

Yet Iraq also provided him with his greatest accomplishment, Bush said.

I keep recognizing we're in a war against ideological thugs and keeping America safe, he said.

The failure to enact immigration reform was another disappointment, Bush said.

I firmly believe that the immigration debate really didn't show the true nature of America as a welcoming society. I fully understand we need to enforce law and enforce borders, Bush told ABC News. But the debate took on a tone that undermined the true greatness of America, which is that we welcome people who want to work hard and support their families.

Copyright 2008 by United Press International

Publication date: 01 December 2008

http://politicom.moldova.org/stiri/eng/169313/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We welcome them whole heartedly when they do it LEGALLY! YOU dishonor and disrespect each and every true immigrant when you want to grant INVADERS amnesty. YOU dishonor and disrespect each and every VET who gave his/her life for OUR freedom when you want to grant INVADERS amnesty.

What a disgrace he is! I still would love to see him AND Cheney charged with TREASON for selling the United States out.

Bush isn't "disappointed" that he allowed our borders to remain open, thus facilitating the invasion of our country by mexico! No...he's only "disappointed" that he could not ram-rod legislation down the throats of Americans so as to give the invaders citizenship!

Disgraceful!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    For Every Child that has been molested by an Illegal Alian

For Every Woman that has been raped by an Illegal Alien

For every American that was killed, maimed or disabled by an Illegal Alien drunk behind the wheel

For every American Child killed in school violance by a gang member

For all of the drugs that pump across the southern border

Your little flaky (SELF EDIT) needs to be on trial in front of the American People facing life in prison without the chance of seeing day light

We voted for this man and prayed for him but his mule won't budge. Is he that oblivious or it he just plain evil?
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

They simply live in a bubble totally oblivious to life and the desires of working America and sad to say I believe the new administration will be the same.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Bush can say all he wants. What got our troops sent in there was the announcement that Iraq was going to go to the Euro instead of the dollar. And within a few days of the announcement, our troops were tearing into Iraqi sovereignty, and made the claims it was for wmd's which was just to get the population behind the gop.

Bush Adds Yet Another Insult To American Workers

Roy Beck's response along with that of AirborneSapper7 states much of what I can say...just not what I would like to say

Bush Adds Yet Another Insult To American Workers (no wonder he's so unpopular)

By Roy Beck, Monday, December 1, 2008, 6:40 PM

At a time of galloping unemployment, Pres. Bush had the gall to tell ABC News that one of his biggest disappointments in the White House was his inability to get Americans to quit being so small-minded about keeping U.S. jobs for themselves instead of giving them up to illegal aliens. Will the next Administration be this elitist and this heartless? The jury is out.
    As he leaves office as one of the most unpopular Presidents ever, Mr. Bush seemed to be trying to show why in his interview.

On the one hand, he acknowledged that he had been wrong about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and that his biggest disappointment was that he didn't get better military intelligence to act on.

But then he failed to see the underlying error of his immigration policies.
    Instead of admitting that he misjudged the issue, he said another major disappointment was his failure to push through immigration reform.

Although he didn't specifically identify what that reform was, we can be fairly certain he meant the path to citizenship that he began trying to give illegal aliens as soon as he entered office in 2001 and which he pushed through 2007 before he finally got tired of the citizenry rising up in an uproar.

Here's what he told ABC:
    I firmly believe that the immigration debate really didn't show the true nature of America as a welcoming society. I fully understand we need to enforce law and enforce borders. But the debate took on a tone that undermined the true greatness of America, which is that we welcome people who want to work hard and support their families.

So, the true greatness of America is not in hard-working Americans and their families? Apparently, we can only be great if we welcome people from other countries to take our jobs.

Does Mr. Bush feel that any person in the world who wants to work hard to support his/her family ought to be allowed into the U.S. At heart, he is a reckless Utopian with no touch of reality but whose impractical idealism leads to great suffering. Utopians with their ideological innovations make truly dangerous leaders, as the 20th century more than proved and as this century's first President did as well.

I'd like to see a society (and a federal government) that practices a welcoming spirit to the tens of millions of Americans who do not have a job, or who work for sub-decent wages depressed by labor oversupply.
    To rich elitists like Mr. Bush, it may be easy to assume that the country can bring more than 100,000 foreign workers every month (plus their dependents) and allow another 50,000 or so illegal workers to settle each month and not have any effect on people who work for a living.

But more than 10 million Americans who are on the official unemployed list (which means they have looked for a job in the last month) know what an unwelcoming economy is like.

It is the height of hardheartedness to suggest that those unemployed Americans are "unwelcoming" or have a bad "tone" when they object to giving some 7 million illegal foreign workers permanent ownership of U.S. jobs.

I do believe that Mr. Bush has always had a blind spot when it comes to poor foreign workers. I think he is sincere in wanting to give all of them a chance to be Americans and live an American lifestyle. But I know that this largesse is also a way for his White House to provide a welcoming society for his big business lobbyist friends who want their flood of foreign labor to hold down all wages.

I'm thankful to the hundreds of thousands of NumbersUSA activists who blocked this Republican President from his skewed vision of the country and who gave him one of his biggest disappointments.

And I am hopeful that those activists will be just as strong in stopping the incoming Democratic President from imposing that same skewed, anti-worker vision.

And maybe we will be welcoming again someday ( of legal immigrants) when our economy is good, Americans are all working, the chaos has ended due to some law enforcement and our tax dollars are not being sucked dry by illegal aliens.

Thank the Lord you are almost gone Bush....too bad we didn't replace you with someone who will put Americans first in their own country.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

But the debate took on a tone that undermined the true greatness of America, which is that we welcome people who want to work hard and support their families.
    America has welcomed more immigrants than any other nation in the world. Legal aliens are welcomed by most Americans. It is the illegal aliens that are not welcomed because they disregarded our laws and snuck into our country uninvited and illegally. These people are resented because they broke the law, and according to statistics about 75% of them obtain false id's and Social Security numbers in order to work here and get free benefits. THEY SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH ILLEGAL ENTRY, FRAUD AND THEFT.

BUSH CAN APOLOGIZE ALL HE WANTS, BUT HE WILL ALWAYS BE KNOWN AS THE WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast