Like Tree1Likes

Thread: CA - Man arrested as people clash at immigration town hall in Santa Ana

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA - Man arrested as people clash at immigration town hall in Santa Ana

By ANTHONY MENDOZA Orange County Register
    PUBLISHED: May 30, 2017 at 11:40 pm | UPDATED: May 31, 2017 at 10:04 am

SANTA ANA – A man was arrested on suspicion of assault and two women were detained at the Town Hall & Immigration Workshop in Santa Ana on Tuesday night, May 30, police said.

About 15 minutes before the workshop began, a fight broke out between two women inside the Delhi Center, Santa Ana Cmdr. Matt Sorenson said. The event was hosted by Rep. Lou Correa, D-Santa Ana, to give an update on new immigration policies.

Organizers temporarily stopped the event, which prompted people on both sides of the immigration debate to flood the parking.

Soon, a man struck another person in the head with the pole of his anti-fascist flag, Sorenson said. He was arrested for assault.

Because it was aware that counter-protesters planned to attend, the Police Department had 10 officers at the scene.

“I completely support the right of all parties to exercise their First Amendment rights,” Correa, who represents California’s 46th Congressional District that includes Anaheim and Santa Ana, said in a statement. “However, I urge people to act responsibly and refrain from violence.”

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/30...-in-santa-ana/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump Supporters Disrupt ‘Illegal Alien’ Town Hall Held by CA Dem Rep.

by ASSEMBLYMAN TIM DONNELLY
    31 May 2017
    Santa Ana, CA

Trump supporters turned the tables on Democrats in California and disrupted a Santa Ana Congressman’s “Immigration Workshop” on Tuesday evening—resulting in the arrest of one ANTIFA protestor, who allegedly physically assaulted one of the Trump supporters.

According to Santa Ana Police Department Cmdr. Matt Sorenson, interviewed in the Orange County Register, a fight broke out between two women at the Delhi Center, Tuesday, May 30, resulting in the room being cleared by police, and later the arrest of one protester outside.

The event was hosted by Rep. Lou Correa, (D-Santa Ana), at the [Delhi] center […and] was scheduled to run from 6 to 8 p.m., according to a post on Correa’s Facebook page. Correa listed Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA), World Relief Garden Grove and the Mexican Consulate as also taking part in the town hall.”

In an interview with Los Angeles NBC local affiliate (NBC 4), Correa claimed that the meeting was disrupted by “Trump supporters angry over immigration.”

“I completely support the right of all parties to exercise their first amendment rights,” said Correa, who represents California’s 46th congressional district that includes Anaheim and Santa Ana, in a statement reported by the OC Register. “However, I urge people to act responsibly and refrain from violence.”

Multiple news accounts referenced “violence” but failed to clarify that the only arrest was made for an assault by an ANTIFA protestor against a member of the anti-illegal immigration activist group known as “We the People Rising, (WTPR)” who showed up to peacefully monitor and protest the “subversive” “Immigration Workshop and Townhall,” according to Executive Director of WTPR, Robin Hvidston.

In an exclusive interview with Breitbart News, Hvidston explained that the “Immigration Workshop” as it was being advertised was originally scheduled to feature a controversial slide presentation by CHIRLA, which “instructs illegal aliens how to respond to immigration authorities in order to avoid arrest and deportation.”

“It’s subversive,” Hvidston told Breitbart News. “Teaching illegal aliens how to avoid detection by ICE at a meeting being held under the seal of a US Congressman is wrong.”

A snippet of the slide presentation is featured on CHIRLA’s website, where illegal aliens are instructed to hand immigration authorities a card stating:

“I am giving you this card because I do not wish to speak to you or have any further contact with you. I choose to exercise my constitutional right to remain silent and refuse to answer your questions. If you arrest me, I will continue to exercise my right to remain silent and to refuse to answer your questions. I want to speak to a lawyer before answering your questions. I would like to contact this attorney or Organization: [followed by a blank line]

———————————————————————————————

Video of the event on media sites show only a few seconds of what happened inside, but it’s the raw footage from multiple sources including a post by a Correa supporter on the Representative’s Facebook page and a number of others including WTPR activists Arthur C. Shaper and Harim Uziel, who can be heard on their own and other’s videos engaging the ANTIFA protestors in a war of words outside the event.

The confrontation escalated as a Santa Ana Police Officer can be seen stepping between the clashing sides. And then without warning, a Trump supporter in a red shirt can be seen grabbing a flag and running into the parking lot where he is struck by one ANTIFA protestor and then shoved to the pavement by another.

Police swarm in and arrest the ANTIFA protestor, who can be seen using his flagpole as a weapon.

When asked for what purpose WTPR showed up, Hvidston said, “This was a very subversive meeting. Our purpose was to monitor the meeting, and when it was clear there was a far stronger presence of patriots inside the meeting, spontaneous expressions of patriotism erupted. [Chants of USA can be heard on a number of the videos]. We’re tired of our laws being broken. And we’re going to hold US Representatives accountable to represent “we the people,” we the lawful citizens instead of people who have no legal right to be here.”

WTPR activist Arthur C. Shaper is more direct in his description of the hour-long video he posted to YouTube, entitled: “Trump Supporters Chase Congressman Out Of His Illegal Alien Town Hall”

http://www.breitbart.com/california/...-democrat-rep/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

“It’s subversive,” Hvidston told Breitbart News. “Teaching illegal aliens how to avoid detection by ICE at a meeting being held under the seal of a US Congressman is wrong.”
    Yeah, this is "COLLUSION WITH ILLEGALS" in violation of US Immigration Law. We need a Special Counsel to investigate subversive members of the US Congress so they can be censored, removed from office or better yet thrown in jail for 25 to life.

What goes around comes around.

And the tables have turned.

Do unto others as they have done unto you.

One good Witch Hunt deserves another.

Turnabout is fair play.

All's fair in love and war, and this is war.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy