Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cambridge, MA backs illegal immigrants

Source: Boston Globe - www.boston.com

Cambridge effort backs immigrants
    May 9, 2006

The Cambridge City Council voted unanimously yesterday to declare the city a sanctuary for illegal immigrants.

The resolution, similar to one passed in the city in the 1980s, instructs police and other local agencies not to inquire about a person's immigration status when discussing city services.

The measure also establishes a commission to ''create an opportunity to apply for legal permanent residency status for all undocumented residents."

The Cambridge resolution was passed as Congress considers tough new penalties for millions of illegal immigrants.

Before the vote, more than a dozen citizens testified in favor of the measure. No one spoke against it. Two councilors, Anthony Galluccio and Craig Kelley, had reservations about spending the council's time on what some see as a symbolic gesture.

Cambridge resident John Womack testified before the vote that even the symbolism had merit in the face of proposals in Congress. ''It means this city will not cooperate as far as possible with attempts to enforce this un-American legislation," he said.

***This MA city has a long history of liberalism, basically it has been a thorn in the side of the state of MA as long as I can remember. These people think anyone and everyone should be able to do whatever they want whenever they want and not have any consequences to any actions with regards to anything. This is just another idiotic stance that this city is known for taking. I hope they flock to that city and then they will see what the rest of our state sees with regards to crime, over-taxed social services and lowered proprerty values that is what they deserve for taking this unopposed stance.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

kev

when

When their social services and schools are over run, dont come crying to me.

The measure also establishes a commission to ''create an opportunity to apply for legal permanent residency status for all undocumented residents."
    didn't each of these commissioners take an oath to uphold the Constitution for the United States? The United States has an "immigration" policy whereby LEGAL aliens can enter the country.

this really doesn't surprise me all that much considering Ted Kennedy, John Kerry and Barney Frank are all from Massachusettes
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

We need to pull a Herndon here in MA, and vote all these losers out of office. Kennedy should be first!
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

These people think anyone and everyone should be able to do whatever they want whenever they want and not have any consequences to any actions with regards to anything.
    Oh, I doubt that.

For example, I'll bet you can't smoke in public in Cambridge.

However, being an illegal alien gives one a special victim status in more areas each and very day in what used to be the United States of America.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.