Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CAN A FULL DEBATE IN THE SENATE CHANGE THIS? DID WE LOSE?

WASHINGTON (March 27) - The Senate Judiciary Committee approved election-year immigration legislation Monday that clears the way for millions of undocumented workers to seek U.S. citizenship without having to first leave the country.

After days of street demonstrations that stretched from California to the grounds of the U.S. Capitol, the committee also voted to strip out proposed criminal penalties for residents found to be in this country illegally.

The panel's vote cleared the way for the full Senate to begin debate Tuesday on the emotional immigration issue.

As far as I am concerned, if the Republicans want to keep the mayority, they better do something about this bill.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Yes, this has to clear the house and the Senate.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have a sick feeling that the full Senate is going to pass something closely resembling what the Judiciary Committee passed.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    I have a sick feeling that the full Senate is going to pass something closely resembling what the Judiciary Committee passed.
    Anything that passes the Senate must also pass the House. We've got a real American there who's looking out for US instead of BIG BUSINESS........

TOM TANCREDO

Give 'em hell, Tom!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree EagleEye. But it has to pass the house, and they arent going to do it, unless Rove and Bush pay them to change their minds.
    It makes me sick too. I cant help feeling we didnt to enough to show that Americans are against amnesty. I am also mad because they wont be able to charge illegals with the crime of entering the country illegally. It also makes me mad because the illegals are probably celebrating and thinking they won.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

I agree EagleEye. But it has to pass the house, and they arent going to do it, unless Rove and Bush pay them to change their minds.
    Butterbean--I felt like we had SOME hope because it has to go back to the House BUT I heard Dennis Hastert come out the other day and say that they WOULD CONSIDER A COMPROMISE consisting of a guestworker plan.
    I am VERY discouraged.

I also heard something about a new Time Magazine poll that said that 70 some percent of American people FAVOR a guestworker program. I need to try to find that.

I also heard something about a new Time Magazine poll that said that 70 some percent of American people FAVOR a guestworker program. I need to try to find that.
    Wonder if they called anybody who spoke English?

Butterbean--I felt like we had SOME hope because it has to go back to the House BUT I heard Dennis Hastert come out the other day and say that they WOULD CONSIDER A COMPROMISE consisting of a guestworker plan.
    I am VERY discouraged.

EagleEye,
    Consider the source. The majority of people dont read TIME magazine.
    Its phoney! 70%! Thats funny. Why dont they go on Lou Dobbs to get the REAL POLL numbers.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn