Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Canadian Mounties Cancel Arizona Training on Racial Profiling Accusations

Updated: Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012, 9:27 PM MST
    Published : Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012, 9:27 PM MST

PHOENIX - We all know Sheriff Joe Arpaio is heavily focused on the issues regarding the Arizona-Mexico border, but tonight he's dealing with an issue on the other border -- the Canadian border.

Canadian Mounties are backing out of training in Maricopa County, and the allegation of racial profiling against MCSO is the reason why.

They were planning on training here in the valley for a few years, but now a change of plans for the Mounties.

But the sheriff says the Canadian police force should not believe what they read in the justice department's report.

A trip to the valley for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police has been canceled, after the law enforcement team read the racial profiling allegations made against the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.

“It’s sad. They ought to understand what this is all about. Why didn’t they call me? Since we have been training their officers, we are the best in the nation for this drug training. Now they are using department of justice to not come down here,” says Arpaio.

The Mounties were scheduled to receive training in Phoenix on how to deal with drug impaired drivers -- but they scrapped the training session after reading the U.S. Justice Department's report revolving around Sheriff Joe Arpaio and his interaction with Latinos -- including allegations of unlawful traffic stops made against them.

“They are boycotting Arizona through law enforcement. That’s sad.”

The sheriff's relationship with the Canadians goes way back. He says,= them pulling out of Arizona will not affect that relationship.

“I love the Canadian people,” he says. “I’m well known in Canada by the people. I’ve been on many many talk shows on television. Great support in Canada. A shame for them to use this one report to halt any training in Arizona.”

The Mounties reportedly said they do not want to associate with the Maricopa County Sheriff's department.

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Mounties reportedly said they do not want to associate with the Maricopa County Sheriff's department
    Then they should stay in Canada and develope their own training program and save their tax payers a bundle my not making the trip.