Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The case for limiting Muslim immigration, etc.

The case for limiting Muslim immigration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: September 14, 2006
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

Thousands of Saudi Arabian students are enrolling in U.S. colleges and universities this year in a new educational exchange program brokered by President Bush and Saudi King Abdullah. The program will quintuple the number of Saudi students and "scholars" in America by the end of the academic year.

Muslim immigration into the U.S. is way up, with 96,000 coming from Islamic countries in 2005, more than any other year in the previous two decades.

Untold thousands of illegal aliens entering the USA over the porous Mexican border each year are known as OTMs – "other than Mexicans" – many of whom originate from Muslim countries associated with jihadi terrorism.
    It may not seem politically correct to say this. It may not be seem like the "multicultural" thing to do. It may seem a bit "intolerant."

But five years after 9-11, maybe somebody needs to say it.

Not only does it make no sense to leave our borders open to illicit and undocumented migration for national security reasons, it also makes no sense to open our borders legally to massive numbers of foreigners who do not share America's values and its Judeo-Christian heritage.

Let's take this "exchange" program for starters. Silly me. I always thought "exchange" programs involved "exchanges" of some kind. When I was in school, we actually "exchanged" students – sending American students abroad while accepting students from those host countries.

That's not the way the Bush-Abdullah exchange works. This is a one-way exchange. Saudis come here, but no American students are welcomed there – especially no Bible-carrying Christian students or, Allah forbid, kippa-wearing Jewish students.

The only thing being exchanged for the welcoming of these Saudi students and "scholars" are Saudi dollars that find their way into the coffers of the corrupt American academy – no doubt making life in our own universities just a little bit more unpleasant for those Christian and Jewish students who are unwelcome in Dar al-Islam.

Of even more concern to me are the permanent residents – the new wave of Muslim immigration into America. Why? Are we trying to prove something to the world? Are we just trying to demonstrate how open-minded and unbiased we are? Is that what immigration policy is supposed to be about?

I wouldn't mind seeing an increase in immigration from countries dominated by Islam. But the only immigrants we should accept are those who are persecuted for their religious beliefs – that is to say, in most cases, non-Muslims.
    The Muslim world is responsible for most of the human rights horrors around the globe today. So there would be no shortage of people wanting to leave. However, we need to be sure we're not accepting people into the U.S. who will be trying to turn the U.S. into part of the Caliphate.
    Lastly, and perhaps most importantly in the near term, is the concern about inviting the enemy inside our gates.

We heard it over and over a few days ago as we solemnly commemorated the five-year anniversary of the worst terrorist attack perpetrated anywhere in the world – "we are at war." We remain at war. Shouldn't our government act like it?

During World War II, did America open our country up to immigration from Germany, Italy and Japan? No. Because we didn't just acknowledge we were at war; we actually acted like it and did our best to protect America from attack and subversion.

Why do we continue absurd policies of treating every American traveling domestically like a terrorism suspect while we invite into our country with little scrutiny those who fit the profile of terrorism suspects? While we hunt down terrorists around the globe, why do we offer the enemy an opportunity to build a fifth column inside our country?

As a Christian American, I am deeply concerned about these policies. Heck, I'm outraged that my government is conducting these irresponsible policies. But I would be even more outraged if I were a member of the relatively small American Jewish community of about 6 million.

With the high birth rate of the existing Muslim-American community, coupled with the explosion in immigration, it won't be long before Muslim Americans represent a bigger voting bloc than America's Jews do.

And given that more Jews live in the U.S. than any other country, including Israel, that is saying something.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=51961
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I would add that it defies all common sense to allow immigration from countries which indoctrinate their people with the most intolerant form of Islam; namely, Wahhabism which is practiced in Saudi Arabia. But, who ever accused our State Department or elected officials of having common sense?

Part of the rationalization for these exchange programs (and it really is not an exchange as thousands of American students are not going to Saudi Arabia) is that by bringing these students here, they will better understand the US and have a more favorable view of it. But, there is no evidence that this is the result. In fact, there seems to be evidence to the contrary--that Muslim students who come to the US are appalled at our culture and go home with an even more negative image, as was the case of Sayyid Qutb, who is known as the father of modern Islamic fundamentalism.