Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CBP Border Patrol Agents Arrest Homicide Suspect From N.C.

CBP Border Patrol Agents Arrest Homicide Suspect

Agents Capture Criminal Alien Attempting to Flee to Mexico

(Tuesday, December 27, 2005)
    contacts for this press release

Harlingen, TX – U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Border Patrol agents in Harlingen, Texas apprehended a suspect on December 21, 2005, who was wanted in connection to a homicide that occurred in Winston Salem, North Carolina. The Winston Salem Police Department issued a warrant for the arrest of Christian Omar Pacheco-Torres after he fled the N.C. area and was attempting to flee the country to avoid prosecution.

The apprehension occurred on December 25, when agents assigned to the Harlingen Border Patrol Station were conducting transportation checks at the Valley Transit bus station. Agents encountered and arrested Christian Omar Pacheco-Torres for being in the U.S. illegally and transported him to the Harlingen Border Patrol Station for further processing.

While in custody, agents entered his fingerprints into the agency’s Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS), where it was revealed that this subject, identified as 24-year old Christian Omar Pacheco-Torres from Mexico, had an outstanding homicide warrant for his arrest from Winston Salem, N.C. Record checks also revealed that the subject had been previously removed from the United States on June 16, 2002.

The Winston Salem Police Department issued the arrest warrant and has been actively pursuing Christian Omar Pacheco-Torres since December 21. Pacheco-Torres is being detained at the Harlingen Police Department pending his extradition to Winston Salem, North Carolina.

In FY 2005, U.S. Customs and Border Protection Border Patrol agents in the Rio Grande Valley Sector have arrested approximately 4,317 individuals with criminal histories. This arrest continues to prove the value of the Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the management, control, and protection of our Nation’s borders at and between the official ports of entry. CBP is charged with keeping terrorists and terrorist weapons out of the country while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws.
    http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/pre ... 272005.xml
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

This is STRANGE! This has not even appeared in the WINSTON-SALEM JOURNAL! I KNOW I would have seen it if it had been in there in the last couple of days. UNBELIEVABLE. Are they part of the conspiracy to HIDE that information from the public??? I'm sending this link to their News Desk.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

This is a fresh press release. They have not had the time to print this. Did they print the original news that police were looking for Torres?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

wonder if the victim was also illegal ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No. It has not been MENTIONED. It is very SLIGHTLY possible that I would have missed it since it was probably over the holiday but I HIGHLY doubt I would have. I'll see what I hear from the News desk because I sent them the article!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

i did a search on their website and found no matches for "Pacheco-Torres"

Did a Google News search and found no matches for

Pacheco-Torres

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=u ... earch+News

Bootsie, please call the editor and politely ask if they have ever printed anything about this suspect before now and let us know what the answer is.

W

Okay. I called and spoke with the News Desk. The lady said an article did run on December 23rd on page B 1. It is POSSIBLE that I missed that in the rush of Christmas. I sure don't remember it though and I told her that, when doing a search on the site, it didn't come up. She said that they were informed yesterday of the arrest and were working on the story last night. I told her that I EXPECTED them to make SURE to print that he was an ILLEGAL. She assured me they would. I will be watching tomorrow's paper VERY CLOSELY and, if they don't print it tomorrow, I'm calling back.

This just appeared on the Journal's website:

Fire & Police Briefs
    Winston-Salem suspect seized in Texas
    JOURNAL STAFF AND WIRE REPORT
    Wednesday, December 28, 2005

HARLINGEN, Texas - U.S. Border Patrol agents in southern Texas have arrested a man wanted on a murder charge in Winston-Salem.

Christian Omar Torres of 5403-D Countryside Drive was on a bus on Christmas Day when border agents boarded it at a bus station for a routine immigration check, Roy Cervantes, a supervisory border-patrol agent based in Harlingen, said yesterday. Agents said they think that Torres was headed to Mexico. Harlingen is about 10 miles from the Mexican border, Cervantes said.

Torres has been wanted on a murder warrant since Wednesday. Winston-Salem police say they believe that he shot Fabricio Orellana, 30, on Aug. 12.

Orellana's former wife, Luz Estela Orellana, 28, of 5401-F Countryside Drive, and Mateo Felipe Castaneda, 35, of the same address were also charged in Fabricio Orellana's killing and arrested last week. They are being held in the Forsyth County Jail.

On Sunday afternoon, border-patrol agents in Texas arrested Torres on an allegation of illegally being in the United States. When they ran his fingerprints through a national database, they found that he was wanted for murder in Winston-Salem.

He is being held in a Harlingen jail, awaiting extradition to North Carolina, Cervantes said.

Here's another article:

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satel ... 8768868874

Regional Briefs
    Police arrest two linked to shooting death

Winston-Salem police arrested a man and a woman yesterday in connection to the shooting death of Fabricio Leopoldo Orellana, 30, on Aug. 12.

Mateo Felipe Castaneda, 35, and Luz Estela Orellana, 28, both of 5401 Countryside Drive, Apt. F, were charged with one count of first-degree murder, police said.

Police did not say anything about the relationship between the suspects and the victim, who was shot in front of his daughter at the Sugar Creek Village apartments off Brownsboro Road.

Court papers said that another man, Christian Omar Torres, 23, was the person who shot Orellana. He has not been arrested, but police said that the investigation is continuing.

The crime apparently happened on August 12th. Maybe there was a story on the 13th about the murder but names were not know then?? I did a search on the victim and only found it in the recent articles.

I also figured out one other reason that I MIGHT not have seen it on December 23rd AND, if the one I found TODAY on the website actually made it to the paper, I think I know why I missed it. Since I live out of town, I get what they call the "Metro" edition which goes to press much earlier than the "CITY" edition. So, a LOT of times, there are things in the later edition that don't make it to the ones that go out of town. That could very easily explain that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast