CESAR VARGAS, ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT WITH LAW LICENSE, SAYS HE’LL RUN FOR PRESIDENT

AP Photo/Frank Franklin II

by WILLIAM BIGELOW 23 Jul 2015 15

An illegal immigrant who was admitted to practice law in New York State announced that he will eventually run for the presidency.

Cesar Vargas, 31, who lives on Staten Island, emigrated to the United States when he was five but has never obtained U.S. citizenship. He posted his ambitions on The Hill, writing, “I am neither a U.S citizen nor 35 years old, so an official candidacy is currently not possible. But even though I can’t make a run for the White House, I can still demand genuine leadership from my next President.”

Vargas added that he hopes that the constitutional amendment requiring presidents be natural-born citizens of the United States will be changed.

Vargas was recently arrested for trespassing in Iowa when he attended the Iowa Freedom Summit and asked New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie a question. Hilariously, as a non-citizen, he claimed that the U.S. Constitution protected his right to ask the question.

The New York court, ignoring the fact that Vargas has no U.S. citizenship, granted him a license to practice law, writing, “We find that the undocumented status of an individual applicant does not, alone, suggest that the applicant is not possessed of the qualities that enable attorneys to vigorously defend their client’s interests within the bounds of the law, nor does it suggest that the applicant cannot protect, as an officer of the court, the rule of law and the administration of justice.”

The court used the case to assert New York’s “sovereignty” in the face of federal immigration law, stating that federal law “unconstitutionally infringes on the sovereign authority of the state to divide power among its three coequal branches of government.”

Florida
and California already permit illegal immigrants to practice law.

Vargas graduated from the City University of New York School of Law, the same year he passed the bar. Vargas acts as an immigration activist, co-directing DRM Action Coalition.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...for-president/