CITIZEN ACTIVIST AGAINST IMMIGRATION REFORM TO APPEAR ON UNIVISION'S 'AL PUNTO'

by TONY LEE
14 Aug 2013,

A prominent citizen activist who is against the Senate's comprehensive immigration reform bill because he fears it will lower wages for working class Americans will make an appearance this Sunday on Univision's Al Punto, the Spanish-language Sunday show hosted by Jorge Ramos.

D.A. King, a citizen activist from Georgia who quit his small business more than a decade ago to become an advocate against comprehensive immigration reform and amnesty, told Breitbart News he was "grateful to Mr. Ramos for inviting" him to his "widely viewed" show. He acknowledged that he has "wanted to meet him for quite some time."

King said he is "familiar" with the Ramos's "Hispanic-centric agenda that another amnesty is the solution to America’s immigration crisis" and hopes the popular and influential host can respectfully give him an opportunity to explain why he became an advocate against comprehensive immigration reform while doing research on his hand-me-down computer.

As Breitbart News has reported, pro-immigration reform groups are using the August recess to go into hostile districts to advocate for their policy goals. King, as Breitbart News reporter Lee Stranahan suggested opponents of immigration reform do, is likewise trying to get his message across to an audience and host who may not be the most receptive to it.

Stranahan attended a pro-immigration reform town hall in Houston, TX that was hosted by Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX) and noticed only three opponents of immigration reform were present.

King believes unchecked immigration will increase tribalism and negatively impacting assimilation, and he said going down to the U.S.-Mexico border and the 9/11 attacks made him the fierce advocate he is today.

"I hope for a polite and respectful conversation with Mr. Ramos about immigration, immigrants, illegal aliens, justice and the fact that the USA takes in more real, legal immigrants than any nation on the planet. We don’t have anything to apologize for," King said. "My adopted sister is an immigrant. I hope that Mr. Ramos will at least recognize that the federal government has not just a right, but a duty to the American people to enforce its immigration laws."

King said the Senate's amnesty bill would, at best, "only reduce illegal immigration by 30-50% and would lower the wages of low-skilled Americans--including the Latino immigrants who obeyed our immigration laws. "

"After more than a decade of careful study, pro-enforcement activism and helping to produce state level legislation, I completely disagree," King told Breitbart News. "I think we proved beyond any doubt that legalization does not stop illegal immigration in 1986."

Noting that "the argument to grant another legalization and to expand immigration rings hollow with Americans of all descriptions who are allowed access to the facts," King said he is hoping that, "Mr. Ramos may be able to tell me on the air when he thinks the next amnesty should be scheduled."

Citing a 2012 Department of Homeland Security report, King emphasizes that most people do not realize that Communist China sends the most immigrants to the United States after Mexico.

"I am hoping that Mr. Ramos wants to talk policy and not indulge in name-calling or leveling the usual charges leveled at Americans who demand an equal application of the law," King said.

King is not a Republican, and he says Sens. John McCain (R-AZ) and Marco Rubio (R-FL) are the reasons he is not.

"I am not a member of any political party," he said. "I am an independent. I work closely with a lot of elected officials in the Georgia Capitol."

He extensively blogs about American sovereignty and posts fact-based analysis on the immigration debate--using mostly data provided by the government--on his website, TheDustinInmanSociety.org, which is named after an American who was killed by an illegal immigrant. He is active and engaged on Twitter (@DAKDIS).

King acknowledges that "real villains are not the dirt-poor" illegal immigrants, noting they are "a byproduct of the corruption."

"Most of the people who come here illegally or overstay a visa do so because they can make more money here than they can in their home nation," King said last Friday in an appearance on The Wilkow Majority on Sirius XM Patriot channel 125 with guest host and Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon. "This is not too difficult to figure out."

He refers to Latino activist groups as “the tribalists,” saying they seek to impose a divisive ethnic agenda. He has called out Democrats, Wall Street, big business interests, and Republicans that he asserts have been colluding to get comprehensive immigration reform passed to lower the wages of working class Americans.

“I was taught that we have an American culture to which immigrants will assimilate. And I am incredibly resentful that’s not what’s happening anymore," he told the New York Times in a profile piece he described as relatively fair. “The tribalists will not make any difference with any Republican who has enough sense to get on an airplane every Monday and fly to Washington."

King, whose billboards influenced Georgia's Republican senators to vote against the Senate's immigration bill, said if he were dirt poor in a third-world country, he "would be doing everything to get here as well." But he acknowledged that American cannot accept everyone, and comprehensive immigration reform programs only hurts American workers, which include "real legal immigrants."

He said he was proud that a "working class kid from Detroit" has been able to help impact public opinion on immigration by emphasizing that corporate America often colludes with liberals to flood the labor force to lower wages.
"On my watch, that cannot happen without a fight," he said.

King said fighting against that drives him to relentlessly combat comprehensive immigration reform.

“The illegal alien lobby never changes. It’s the Wall Street wing of the Republican Party joining forces with the Chamber of Commerce, the far left and the Democrats in an effort to expand cheap labor and increase voting for the Democratic Party," King said.

On a lighter note, while King is anticipating what will be a spirited debate with Ramos, he said he has never been to Miami, and the self-described "committed Foodie" told Breitbart News he is also looking forward to some "authentic Cuban cuisine" in South Florida.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ion-s-Al-Punto