Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

COMPTROLLER'S OFFICE RELEASES PAPER ON IMMIGRATION ISSUES

(quote)

Comptroller's Office Releases Paper On Immigration Issues

Aug 3, 2007 06:36 PM

NASHVILLE, Tenn.- About one percent of the nation's estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants live in Tennessee.

In a paper released Friday, the state's Comptroller's Office of Research examined the potential economic impact they have on employment, wages as well as their eligibility for public benefits and services.

While there are no specific numbers, the Tennessee Comptroller's office finds undocumented immigrants contributed significantly to the state's economy through sales tax revenue. Neighboring states such as Arkansas have revealed a $3 billion impact.

The report also indicates that undocumented immigrants are not taking jobs from native-born workers.

In 2005, there were 100,000 to 150,000 undocumented immigrants in Tennessee.

Contrary to popular belief, undocumented immigrants are not eligible for most public benefits. They are not able to access TennCare.

They actually cost the most when it comes to paying for elementary and secondary education.

The comptroller's office gathered information from several Tennessee trade associations.

"What they said is with most immigrants, they need that population to get the work done," said Susan Mattson, senior legislative research analyst in the comptroller's office. "They don't have enough people applying for jobs and such."

The purpose of the study is to provide factual information over the immigration debate in Tennessee.

A year-long study by the state resulted in newly released report that is contrary to what many people think about undocumented immigrants.

"In most areas, unauthorized aliens are not eligible for most public benefits such as TennCare, welfare, food stamps and public housing," Mattson said.

Mattson said the number of undocumented immigrants living in Tennessee was really "quite as high as we expected."

"Some state departments could continue to work with the federal government to develop better standards for identifying people and their status," Mattson said.

The report acknowledges that state and local governments have some increased costs from incarcerating undocumented immigrants however there's no evidence that crimes committed by them is on the rise.

State leaders will review the report, which could change laws on Capitol Hill.

(quote)

http://www.newschannel5.com/global/stor ... =Printable

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You know pro-illegal advocates are always saying it is against the law for illegals to get freebies. Now they always stop there, they never declare they are not getting freebies.

Once, just once, I wish someone would answer 'well, it is against the law for them to be here - but here they are. It is against the law for them to work= but they are working. It is against the law for them to drive - but they are driving'.

I saw something like this bit of fantasy about illegals and it told exactly how much illegals spent on the lottery in Texas. Now remember, they don't know how many are here - they don't know if they are legal or not - they don't know where they work - but by George, they know how much they spend on the lottery.

But we have been voting these critters into office for a very long time - no wonder they have no respect for our intelligence.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Code:
    About one percent of the nation's estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants live in Tennessee.
    ...I feel 11 million is "illegal alien lite". The true number is 20 - 30 million.

The report acknowledges that state and local governments have some increased costs from incarcerating undocumented immigrants however there's no evidence that crimes committed by them is on the rise.
    ...uhhhhhhh...WHAT?!? Liar - Liar - Pants on Fire !!!

I do not believe this for one minute, you can not tell me 1 million illegals are not costing the taxpayers, just why are they all over the rest of the country and not there!! Wonder what big corporation is paying them off!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Isn't it amazing these people continue to publish this kind of garbage?

It makes me think they think the end of America is near and they do not have to fear any consequences for such blatant lies.

illegals not eligible for Tenncare??? I live in Tennessee. The brother of one of my employees recently became disabled from a motorcycle wreck. My employee tried to get help for her brother by attempting get him signed up on emergency Tenncare as he had no means of support, no assets, no nothing and now had one leg in a cast from the hip down.
    I am not sure who she met with concerning getting her brother emergency insurance coverage, but somebody at the local level told her that they could not help her brother and that "the only way he could get emergency Tenncare was if he was a pregnant woman or a MEXICAN.
    We all said a few choice curse words over this.

Representative Marsha Blackburn held an immigration hearing in Tennessee in August 2006. Then it was revealed that 15 million (probably more) was going to illegal aliens for healthcare in TN. This included TENNCARE, which they supposedly were not entitled to receive. This is indicative of all of the FREE benefits that they receive that they are not said to have access to receiving. This article is absolutely ridiculous.

Story after story about illegal aliens making purchases with food stamps.

Yeah right

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian_001
    illegals not eligible for Tenncare??? I live in Tennessee. One of my employees brother recently became disabled from a motorcycle wreck. My employee tried to get help for her brother by attempting get him signed up on emergency Tenncare. I am not sure who she met with concerning getting her brother emergency insurance coverage, but the person told her that they could not help her brother and that "the only way he could get emergency Tenncare was if he was a pregnant woman or a MEXICAN.
    We all said a few choice curse words over this.
    Well the report did stop just short of asserting for sure that illegals didn't get this freebie.

It's propaganda based more on assumption then fact. I was reading an article on another thread a few minutes ago and it claimed that in Washington State there are only 200,000 to 250,000 illegal aliens.

It is a crock of bull. There are more then that just on the eastern side of the state at any given hour, day, month of the year. The push is on to shovel amnesty into the pocket books and cities of the tax payers and the main driving forces are the federally backed corporate giants.

Pew but their strong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast