Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Daughters Work to Bring Deported Father Back to the Ozarks

Daughters Work to Bring Deported Father Back to the Ozarks
    Reported by: Carlos Correa
    Saturday, Aug 9, 2008 @04:44pm CST

Every family has at least one person who serves as the glue, holding everyone together.

One Ozarks family has been ripped apart- and now they're fighting to get back someone they've lost.

Maria Rodriguez a reunion with her father can't come quickly enough.

"He was always working to provide for us and always gave us what we needed," said 20-year-old Maria Rodriguez.

But just a few months ago, he was deported. Juan Rodriguez was a beloved soccer coach in Springfield.

"He got pulled over for a traffic ticket. He thought it was supposed to be taken care of, but it apparently wasn't. So they said he had a warrant for his arrest and they took him to jail over night," she said.

Her father spent two weeks inside a jail cell until immigration officers sent him back to his homeland.

"It's hard. He's always been with us. He's always been by our side and to not have him here is really heart breaking and really hard to do," said Rodriguez.

Rodriguez lived in the U.S. for 30 years and spent 9 years of them raising his children in the Ozarks.

"I was always daddies little girl and did everything. He probably was my best friend. I would go bowling with him on Friday nights and I would prefer that than doing a bunch of crazy high school stuff," said Gabriella Rodriguez, a high school senior in Springfield.

Gabriella Rodriguez says her father always provided for them and now they're doing everything they can to help bring him back home.

"It's like your daily routine, talking to him and him being there. All of sudden, now he's not there and it's like what do I do? We go longer periods without talking and whenever we do it's always sad and we say to each other 'I miss you," she said.

Both girls rely on friends and other family members to help them get through every day's struggles.

Together with several members of their father's soccer team -- the girls plan to raise enough money to begin the proper paperwork to get their father back.
    http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=45661
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He'd better be under a 10 year ban! NO excuses.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I love sob stories, and notice how the writer did not mention why daddy was deported? One can only assume he was an IA 30 years ago. This "ripped the family apart" crap has got to stop. Sorry, but if the family wants to be reunited with the anchor of their clan, they can in some other country.

So he's been living in the U.S. illegally for 30 years...didn't he qualify for the 1986 amnesty?? This story does not have the pertinent details, but bottom line: sob story alert.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    So he's been living in the U.S. illegally for 30 years...didn't he qualify for the 1986 amnesty?? This story does not have the pertinent details, but bottom line: sob story alert.
    Yeah, the writer left it full of holes. No mention of "illegal" anything for starters.

As was mentioned elsewhere on the board by an amnesty advocate the standard of living in the United States is 132 per cent higher than it is in Mexico. That means it was within the ability of the father to have invested in creating a better financial foundation in Mexico to go back to. While the average Mexican laborer as it more difficult a Mexican living here can put aside money to advance the living situation of his household there. It is now within the ability of his daughters to do the same thing. A change in his legal situation is not always as easy.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

another SOB story here.........
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Ya, I have to wonder sometimes if this is not more the writers over zealous imagination, maybe being paid for by some special interest groups to get at the heart of Americans....NOT working if this is so.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

How do they even find out about stories like this, does LaRaza give them the details and contact info?

They could do 10 stories about Americans like this every day instead they choose to search out and write about illegals.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    That's right. My exact thought. He would have been under that amnesty. So maybe there is something a lot more illegal here and his amnesty status was revoked. If I'm not mistaken that a naturalized citizen can lose citizenship if they are under deportation for illegal activities (crime.) This story is bogus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast